WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Him falling to his knees where Azriel was found is one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen.

Yes, I agree. This case is just so poignant, so heartbreaking for all, in all its aspects......:shakehead:

Thanks for this, very interesting! And I would hope so, one never knows what might be among the "trash". I wish this volunteer effort could lead to finding Shantina, and perhaps it may?.......:waitasec:

This why a description of her bag and purse (and any other item missing from the van) needs to be put out there.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=76143&provider=gnews

DEPEW, N.Y. - A benefit was held Sunday at Macaroon's Night Club in Depew in memory of Azriel Carver, the 8-year old boy found boy found dead after going missing in March.

Azriel went missing with his mother, Shantina Smiley, on March 13 while on their way to visit family in the state of Washington. On March 18, Azriel was found washed up on a remote beach. Smiley is still missing.

To help defer the unexpected costs associated with his sons funeral, Jay Carver, along wtih family and friends held this benefit. A $20 donation included food, drinks, a live band and raffle.

This why a description of her bag and purse (and any other item missing from the van) needs to be put out there.

Yes, very upsetting to think that any items belonging to Shantina or Azriel may have gotten thrown in the trash.

Actually, now that I think about it, I am a bit surprised that article makes no mention of the SS case, nor of anyone telling volunteers to keep their eyes out for certain items. Recall, those original items were almost thrown in the trash by the woman who found them (shoes, asthma inhaler, wine jug, balls)---it was her husband who pointed out they might be related to the missing persons case, and that they should call the Sheriff...............

Actually, now that I think about it, I am a bit surprised that article makes no mention of the SS case, nor of anyone telling volunteers to keep their eyes out for certain items. Recall, those original items were almost thrown in the trash by the woman who found them (shoes, asthma inhaler, wine jug, balls)---it was her husband who pointed out they might be related to the missing persons case, and that they should call the Sheriff...............

Other than the overnight bag and purse which were never described (grrrr), has anything been reported or posted anywhere describing what items she may have taken along with them or anything noted missing from the van? For example, it was reported she took the van so Azriel could watch DVDs on the trip. What movies did they take along? Were they found in the van? And so on...

The cleanup was on the Pacific coast, about 200 miles (by water) at it's closest point, from where the van was found.

This is the main site: http://www.coastsavers.org/washington.html and these are the volunteer instructions: http://www.coastsavers.org/washington_coast_cleanup/sooes.html

As much as I'd like Shantina to be found and a resolution to the case, I don't think it's feasible for anyone to go through 24 tons of debris or even for volunteers to separate things they think might be connected to a young mother and child from general trash.

The cleanup was on the Pacific coast, about 200 miles (by water) at it's closest point, from where the van was found.

This is the main site: http://www.coastsavers.org/washington.html and these are the volunteer instructions: http://www.coastsavers.org/washington_coast_cleanup/sooes.html

As much as I'd like Shantina to be found and a resolution to the case, I don't think it's feasible for anyone to go through 24 tons of debris or even for volunteers to separate things they think might be connected to a young mother and child from general trash.

Ah, I see. Well, still, with the drift, it is possible, but no, they certainly cannot go through 24 tons of trash. I only meant while the trash was actually being picked up on the shore, they might keep their eyes open. Thanks for the clarification....and for the informative links.

As an after-thought, I wonder if any similar clean up is ever conducted at the actual area where the van was found?

Memorial held for Azriel Carver's missing mother
Boy Drowned: Mom's car was found on beach near Olympia
April 19, 2010

Azriel’s body was found March 18 on a beach at the south end of Fox Island near Gig Harbor. The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled that the boy’s death was an accidental drowning. A memorial for Azriel was held in March in Silverdale.

There are no new leads in the investigation of Shantina’s disappearance, but she, too, is believed to have drowned, according to Detective Sgt. Cheryl Stines of the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office. The sheriff’s office will still try to recover Shantina’s body for the sake of the family, Stines said.

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/04/19/1210712/memorial-held-for-azriel-carvers.html#ixzz0laFqGgEy

Other than the overnight bag and purse which were never described (grrrr), has anything been reported or posted anywhere describing what items she may have taken along with them or anything noted missing from the van? For example, it was reported she took the van so Azriel could watch DVDs on the trip. What movies did they take along? Were they found in the van? And so on...

Technically my dad said not to be posting in this thread but I thought I'd say that my mom has quite a few purses and bags. :[ Sorry! and thabnk you everyone again!

Technically my dad said not to be posting in this thread but I thought I'd say that my mom has quite a few purses and bags. :[ Sorry! and thabnk you everyone again!

Thank You for posting during this difficult time.

Thanks, honey. Be well. I know this is not a happy time, but you have your Dad and brother to go through it with you.

Thank you for posting, NickyStarship!

I am sorry for what you are having to go through what with the terrible loss of your brother and your mom's whereabouts unknown.

Don't be afraid to talk to those who love you and lean on those who want to help you during this time. Take care.

Thank You for posting during this difficult time.

Technically my dad said not to be posting in this thread but I thought I'd say that my mom has quite a few purses and bags. :[ Sorry! and thank you everyone again!

Kiddo I'm sure your dad is looking out for your best interest. Give it some time. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for being such an incredible kid and now young lady. Reading the captions on your pictures it is obvious your mom loves you and DJ very much, it was always about all 3 of you. She's a special lady. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE