WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Surfie. Would that be NE 65th St- NE 70th? East Lake Sammamich? (looks like that area is closed (?)) Or is this the east entrance to the connector? TIA.

I'm not sure, but I did find this:

Marymoor Park is located several blocks to the south of the Veloce Apartments on the 8000 block of 161st Avenue N.E., the large apartment complex where Biryukova lives. Bellevue Police spokeswoman Officer Carla Iafrate said the decision to expand the search to take in the park wasn't related to a tip.

Over 140 people remain involved in the land search.

Dozens of searchers on foot, horseback and in a helicopter scoured the dense brush and thickets of 640-acre Marymoor Park, looking for any signs of the toddler. The search involved Bellevue, Redmond and King County police, as well as search groups such as King County Search & Rescue.

Horse teams were working along the Sammamish River Trail, which runs along the park, said Redmond Police spokesman Jim Bove.

The helicopter made several low and slow passes over the Sammamish River, which snakes from Lake Sammamish north through the park, with an individual hanging out one door looking along the riverbank.

22f6e18f24f2917ab93fc3a8651d7f59

http://renton.patch.com/articles/update-search-for-toddler-expands-to-marymoor-park

Also, they did not close the park to search it. There were still soccer games and other activities going on there. It's my understanding the search was mainly located in the brush and thickets as indicated above.

Very interesting. I hope LE is speaking with professionals who understand OCD.

:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

Well, why did casey anthony run around for 31 days, stalling her mom, telling her she would bring Caylee home, making one excuse after another, telling people different stories, etc.? Criminals do not always make sense in their behaviors. Mentally ill criminals certainly don't.

Julia knew she had mediation scheduled. She may have been freaked, thinking she was going to be found out at any moment. Instead of calling off mandatory mediation (which it is prior to trial), she felt she had to go.

Once there, she knew if she agreed to him having visitation, she could not produce Sky (supposition), so she argued all day with an experienced mediator who showed her why her requests for no visitation, were not rational. After hours of trying to get out of giving him visitation, trying to avoid having to face the music when she could not produce her baby, she decided to cave and agree just so she could get out of there and do some more thinking, planning, about how to explain away Sky's absence in a manner that would not put her in jail.

The next day, still not having a plan she felt confident in, she tried to rescind the agreement. Remember, this is, if we are to believe Solomon and the medical reports, a mentally ill person. If she indeed killed Sky, she had to have been at the height of her illness and not likely able to slow her mind enough to plan a good excuse for his disappearance.

All she needed, like casey, was time. Keeping her court-ordered mediation appointment gave her time. Arguing against any visitation for Solomon, gave her time. Trying to rescind the agreement, she might have thought, would give her more time. That's my thinking here.

True, good points. I was thinking along the lines of LE confronting her after they verified/discovered the facts, versus perhaps not being 100% honest while interrogating her.

Question- is it fact that the children were left alone for the 11 hr mediation, and Julia returned home alone? TIA. Sorry, still trying to catch up on links.

"Johnson said Biryukova acknowledged having a history of leaving the children home alone for extended periods of time. Police know whether she did so during the lengthy mediation – but they won't release that information, Johnson said."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/julia-biryukova-mom-of-missing-boy_n_1086033.html

"Johnson said Biryukova acknowledged having a history of leaving the children home alone for extended periods of time. Police know whether she did so during the lengthy mediation – but they won't release that information, Johnson said."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/julia-biryukova-mom-of-missing-boy_n_1086033.html

Thanks, Surfie. 11 hours is a heck of a long time to leave a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old alone in a home without incurring some sort of accident.

Is it possible Julia arrived home to find something wrong with Sky?

Thanks, Surfie. 11 hours is a heck of a long time to leave a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old alone in a home without incurring some sort of accident.

I would imagine so. It's such a disconnect, IMO, to have such severe OCD and leave two little children alone for hours upon hours. Did she lock them in the bathroom or in a closet? Were they trained (mentally abused) so much so that they knew not to touch anything or make a mess?

I don't know. Nothing about Sky's disappearance and the behavior of the people involved makes sense to me.

My first thought was confirmation she doesn't let anyone use the bathroom. I never bathed my son in the sink. Is it typical for parents who use the sink to bath their infants to do so when they reach 2?

Infants, maybe. Toddlers, not usually -- if you already have a bathtub. Plus, he's EATING in the sink -- not bathing! Eating in the kitchen sink.

That is what the general concensus around here. While married, she also expected the kids to sleep until 2:00 p.m., then her STBX would pick the kids up and take them out of the home to feed them. I have some question if she regularly drugged the kids to get them to sleep long periods of time. It would help explain why in some of the pictures it seems as if the kids have purple circles under their eyes.

That is what the general concensus around here. While married, she also expected the kids to sleep until 2:00 p.m., then her STBX would pick the kids up and take them out of the home to feed them. I have some question if she regularly drugged the kids to get them to sleep long periods of time. It would help explain why in some of the pictures it seems as if the kids have purple circles under their eyes.

How...alarming.

If something happened to Sky during the mediation time frame, then it seems likely an HRD dog would alert in the apartment, especially so much later on.
The apartment is still in LE custody, is that correct? Do we know if it is in local, state or federal custody?

Considering LE said they can't confirm anyone (outside of family?) seeing Sky after about 10-23, I think it is pretty safe to say she left the children home during mediation. IIRC it was mentioned somewhere, but I forget by whom, that Julia lied about the who was babysitting the children during mediation. It is possible she lied about who babysat and told them someone other than who really babysat, but I can't think of why she wouldn't be honest if she actually had a babysitter for mediation.

Does anyone recall by whom it was stated that Julia lied about who babysat the children for mediation?

For those newer to the case, the last sighting by a non family member was a resident of the apartment complex Julia lives at with her children. This resident said it was about 10-23 they last saw Sky.

jmo and tia

I also think cadaver dog should have alerted if the child died in the apartment and the body lay there for sometime? But maybe not? How many hours would someone have to be dead before cadaver dog is able to alert?

Here are my thoughts. The first 8 photos are sequential.
#1 and #2 the last two know images of Sky. #2 Sky's tummy on down look sun burned.

#3,#4and #5 bank Julia

#6 and #7 perhaps Ross or Shoe store you can see the area to queue up to the cash register. Notice dark pants and darkshoes. Hair bun

#8 matching grey sweat pants and grey hoodie different white shoes. I think this is the
surveillance camera inside the Chevron (Nov 6th) and she is standing at the counter facing the
attendent. Her hair looks better (shorter too and less dark root)she has it pulled low on her neck(no bun)

Photo's 9 through 15 are to help identify everyone so tips can be gathered by LE.
MOO

Link to photo
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=129&sid=580607&pid=7

I am sorry to quote myself but I just want to say photo #8 ...I can say with some degree of certainty is a surveillance camera at the Chevron Nov 6th. The perspective ....the counter and the way she is standing facing the teller with the windows is the same. It is blurred so I cannot say with 100% certainty but it placement in the group of 15 photos makes sense. I have been inside this Chevron and this would track with her story of Nov 6th. MOO

Also, too, Oriah, Julia has since hired a criminal defense attorney (his name escapes me right now, but perhaps someone else remembers). At first, she used her divorce atty. The dad is still using his divorce atty. - or at least he accompanied dad to one interview on GMA and has been fielding questions for him from time to time.

The way Julia looked in the photos released yesterday makes me wonder how long she has looked this way. During the marathon mediation did she look like this? I think the way she looks at any given time goes directly to her state of mind. We don't know what medications she was on or even if she was taking the medication as directed to treat her OCD and bipolar. FWIW she may or may not do certain things depending on what her mental health status was that day or even that hour. I looked up bipolar disorder and the combination of OCD and bipolar could be a whole different ball game then someone who has OCD alone. All of this is jmo.

Considering LE said they can't confirm anyone (outside of family?) seeing Sky after about 10-23, I think it is pretty safe to say she left the children home during mediation. IIRC it was mentioned somewhere, but I forget by whom, that Julia lied about the who was babysitting the children during mediation. It is possible she lied about who babysat and told them someone other than who really babysat, but I can't think of why she wouldn't be honest if she actually had a babysitter for mediation.

Does anyone recall by whom it was stated that Julia lied about who babysat the children for mediation?

For those newer to the case, the last sighting by a non family member was a resident of the apartment complex Julia lives at with her children. This resident said it was about 10-23 they last saw Sky.

jmo and tia

Oh boy.

Honestly, I can't imagine a two year old and a four year old being left alone for that period of time and not being hurt without a heck of a lot of amazing luck. And even if sedated...11 hrs is a long time. Someone would have woken up cranky, hungry, and curious I would imagine.

Does anyone have the apartment building schematic? Did LE clear the apartment building??

Oh boy.

Honestly, I can't imagine a two year old and a four year old being left alone for that period of time and not being hurt without a heck of a lot of amazing luck. And even if sedated...11 hrs is a long time. Someone would have woken up cranky, hungry, and curious I would imagine.

Does anyone have the apartment building schematic? Did LE clear the apartment building??

I believe they did. We have a poster here who lives at Veloce. He/she said the FBI did come door-to-door asking questions. I seem to recall a helicopter flying over and around the area in the first day(s) of the search.

The poster also said even though it is a controlled access community (via card, I believe), there are no surveillance cameras on the property and in the garage (which surprised me - this is a new complex and pretty expensive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave