WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could JB drop the protection order?

WOULD JB drop the protection order? I'm so frustrated with her right now. I wish she would just give Sky some measure of grace and tell LE where he is at.
I'm grateful for all the sleuthers out here who are keeping Sky in their thoughts. He is a very loved little boy right now.

God only knows what this poor little girl has seen and heard in her short life.

I hope if she is placed with her dad she will have an attempt at normalcy...

Where are you Sky?

I was thinking that the other day -but about Sky -His short mere two years of life, and the reality of what that might have been like on a daily basis is...scary. Very, very sad for the little "dude."

If she doesn't, I'd like to see BACA (Bikers against child abuse) sitting outside her courtroom.

JMO

I would love to see BACA involved as well. At least things are moving in the right direction..now to get julia out of the picture.

I wish media would get some pics of julia.

What happens if she doesn't show for the scheduled visitation? TIA

Nothing. But if she continues to miss them, the order can be amended to eliminate them because having M waiting for a mother who doesn't show would be highly detrimental. But remember, Julia would be scheduling them for a time she can show up.

ITA.
I don't think Julia deserves any visitation, IMO.

I agree. 100%. However, visitation and custody are never decided based on what the parents deserve, but rather, on what is in the best interest of the child.

Apparently, here they felt it was in M's best interest to see her mother in a safe setting. I disagree. I believe M seeing her mother will spark what I suspect was some very unhealthy attitudes and emotions in M, like about killing herself, about her father, about "germs", etc. That's all speculation but it is how I am reading between the lines.

People like her manipulate and emotionally abuse their kids for so long. The kids improve once out of their custody, but when they see that parent again, old feelings resurface. Hence, Susan Powell's boys act up after visiting their father, I believe.

I feel so sorry for this little M. Just imagine what these last couple of weeks have been for her, taken away from her family, stuck in a foster home with complete strangers. I will be praying very hard that she can unlock the secret to Sky's location so he can be found and brought home with them.

I have a feeling that foster care was heaven compared to life with mama, no matter what smiling pictures reveal. That's because it is obvious how sick Julia is. And M had to live with that - the manipulation, the restrictions that having to follow her mother's severe and full blown OCD behaviors likely required.

That was all M really knew, though, as her mother made sure to ruin her chances of knowing any different sort of life, by alienating her so completely from her father.

I think at her dad's she will relax and start to see, much like Solomon did when he had the kids at his mother's home, how messed up it was at mom's. She may view things in a different context, even at the tender age of 4, and open up a bit as she realizes how things at home were so different, and not at all good.

http://mynorthwest.com/108/588681/S...nues-search-for-Sky-seeks-custody-of-daughter

I sure hope this commissioner does the right thing and dismisses the order without forcing a full hearing.

I hope so too. This is the time for this commissioner to show that an honest mistake was made by her but she is willing to own up to that and realize that she was fooled, and do everything in her power to fix her mistake.

But, in my experience, judges/commissioners, they don't usually like to admit their mistakes. Well, if she doesn't, here, she will look like an even bigger you know what than she already does. The nation is watching.

Could JB drop the protection order?

Yes.

This must be her. Same middle initial, same high school. Wow. While we all sweat over the fate of her precious boy, she's trying to yuck it up on facebook. That just defies reason. It evidences an unnatural indifference to her own little son that is simply incomprehensible.

It solidifies my feeling that she is a cold-blooded murderer.

I wonder if this case was bumped from juvenile dependency court jurisdiction and back to family court, whether Solomon could do what Kyron's dad did. Try to prevent visitation unless she undergoes a child custody investigation or deposition. Generally, those are avenues that are possible in family court while in juvenile dependency court, depositions are rare and only with court approval and child custody evals do not occur in the same way that they do in family law cases (at least in California).

Instead, you have social services investigating and giving its report and CASAs (or GALs) giving their reports. But this limits Solomon's ability to argue that until she undergoes a depo or answers questions via other discovery means, or undergoes a private custody evaluation, she should not be granted visitation.

Thanks for yet another informative post. I appreciate your knowledge. iirc, Kaine also asked that the step mother undergo a complete psychological evaluation, but she declined. It seems that this would be a MORE THAN appropriate course of action, given the mother's hx of mental illness. Is it possible that SM's attorney will ask this, or is the supervised visitation a, "done deal?"

Also, I realize that I won't be popular for saying this, but it might be in the best interest of the girl to have some type of contact with the mother, as long as it is totally supervised, recorded and documented in case she tries to brain wash or harm her in any way. The reason I say this is, and as sad as it is, lil' girl loves her mother surely, and is probably very, very confused and ungrounded. Just seeing her mother may give her a since of security. Albeit FALSE sense -i.e. Sky thought he was secure too. idk. I am just trying to look at this from her lil' eyes, not our well-developed, analytical thinking eyes. I am very supportive of a slow transition back to Dad. Mostly because of the amount of time since she was permitted to have contact with him and this could be jarring for her, but also surely Dad is in a fragile state and emotionally charged, scared and very busy doing everything he can to find his little dude. If she was with him 100%, what would that look like in her eyes? Would that be traumatic. Juz thinkin' here. It's just a horrible situation overall.

I wonder if she made a new one to start a new life (using the same name). It's fitting that she doesn't have any friends, yet. Her old one is still there with pictures available to everyone.

To me this speaks volumes ... what grieving mother would think it important to create yet a second Facebook page while her son has been kidnapped and is still missing? Self-absorbed comes to mind and much more. Unbelievable.:no:

Or is she just setting the stage for her mental defense plea?

I want to add that I hope that professional child experts are consulted for such a high profile, tender, tragic situation. Surely they can advise the court as to what is psychologically best for the girl? Does anyone know if that's the case, or if [just] social workers make these decisions. And I honestly, really, really do not need to disparage social workers, and their amazing dedication and service to families. What I am saying is that perhaps since the situation is so complex, that it warrants experts in this kind of thing...

Anyone who reads my posts knows by now it really irks me when mothers are treated differently than fathers. What's wrong with our system when a father is precluded from visitation for unsubstantiated abuse allegations but a mother, who has both admitted neglect and is the primary suspect (imo) in her son's disappearance and probable murder, is granted visitation almost automatically?

I just don't get it.

It's infuriating.

And this ruling here, granting Julia any visitation at all, is absolutely bat**** crazy.

Her daughter is in very real danger from this woman.

Julia will have to pay for the costs of the supervised visits as well. I don't know what the costs are in WA but I've seen the costs range from 40-60 an hour in other states. Without a sugar daddy, I don't know how she'll afford it.

Why her loving, supportive family, of course! ...or not.

Who knows what kind of things Julia will say to M during their visits...
M's behavior will be so erratic between living with Solomon and having visits with Julia. That's definitely not healthy for her!

Good news that SM and M will be united at last, most likely!

So sad that JB could send her lawyer to the court involving M's custody....but still won't say ANYTHING about poor Sky!

I know having JB's lawyer there would have to have been necessary, but the irony is not lost on me.

Has anyone discerned whether it was her family attorney, or criminal defense attorney present today or both? And if so, which one took the lead? This would be revealing, imo.

Thanks for yet another informative post. I appreciate your knowledge. iirc, Kaine also asked that the step mother undergo a complete psychological evaluation, but she declined. It seems that this would be a MORE THAN appropriate course of action, given the mother's hx of mental illness. Is it possible that SM's attorney will ask this, or is the supervised visitation a, "done deal?"

Also, I realize that I won't be popular for saying this, but it might be in the best interest of the girl to have some type of contact with the mother, as long as it is totally supervised, recorded and documented in case she tries to brain wash or harm her in any way. The reason I say this is, and as sad as it is, lil' girl loves her mother surely, and is probably very, very confused and ungrounded. Just seeing her mother may give her a since of security. Albeit FALSE sense -i.e. Sky thought he was secure too. idk. I am just trying to look at this from her lil' eyes, not our well-developed, analytical thinking eyes. I am very supportive of a slow transition back to Dad. Mostly because of the amount of time since she was permitted to have contact with him and this could be jarring for her, but also surely Dad is in a fragile state and emotionally charged, scared and very busy doing everything he can to find his little dude. If she was with him 100%, what would that look like in her eyes? Would that be traumatic. Juz thinkin' here. It's just a horrible situation overall.

Respectfully, I could not disagree more. M might well "love" her mother. She would also love a family pet that contracted rabies. Regardless of M's feelings, you would be insane to allow contact with either rabid beast.

I will be blunt: I believe that Julia is dangerous. I believe she is a danger to herself and everyone around her. I believe it is entirely possible she will kill her ex husband and her daughter if given even the slightest opportunity. I believe that she is cunning, ruthless, and absolutely evil. That's what I believe. My opinion only, but I bet if he could talk little Sky would agree with me.

I think that Solomon could request a full psych exam prior to visitation, in the juvenile court, but they basically already made up their minds. In that jurisdiction, the courts rely on investigations by social workers and CASA's (GAL's) rather than on psych evals, generally. But requests for psych evals are much more common in family court.

I want to add that I hope that professional child experts are consulted for such a high profile, tender, tragic situation. Surely they can advise the court as to what is psychologically best for the girl? Does anyone know if that's the case, or if [just] social workers make these decisions. And I honestly, really, really do not need to disparage social workers, and their amazing dedication and service to families. What I am saying is that perhaps since the situation is so complex, that it warrants experts in this kind of thing...

I agree. But social workers do not decide. They make recommendations to the court. And they do consider psych reports, but I don't think they typically request that evals be conducted. That's because what they are looking at is different from what the courts look at in family law cases.

In juvenile cases, they are looking at clear and present danger, for lack of a better term, to the child, whether the child should be taken into state custody or not, and if so, whether they should remain there or be released to another parent's custody, or remain in state custody but be given to another relative or parent to live, and whether another parent or relative can provide a safe environment that will resolve the issue that caused the child to be removed to begin with - i.e. the clear and present danger (which is not the legal term).

They also look at whether the parent from whom the children were removed, or another parent or relative, should have visitation, or whether reunification can be effectuated. When looking at those things, they create case plans that can involve counseling or proof of compliance with psych treatment, but that more typically involves drug counseling and testing, clearing up of the parent or relatives' criminal status, parenting classes, adequate housing, things like that. Psych evals are not typically part of the plan.

In family court, however, psych evals occur often because the court is looking at more than just clear and present danger. They are looking at what parenting plan is best for the kids. Then you get two parties sometimes making serious allegations, in an effort to convince the court that the best parenting plan would be one that gives them the majority of time with the kids. In other words, you have two parents fighting and a judge trying to figure out who is telling the truth. That's where psych evals can come into play.

To me this speaks volumes ... what grieving mother would think it important to create yet a second Facebook page while her son has been kidnapped and is still missing? Self-absorbed comes to mind and much more. Unbelievable.:no:

Or is she just setting the stage for her mental defense plea?

I'm not convinced she's behind it. I think someone who doesn't even know her may have created it (just to stir stuff up). It would be easier for her to set her existing account to private like she did with Flickr.

I wonder if she made a new one to start a new life (using the same name). It's fitting that she doesn't have any friends, yet. Her old one is still there with pictures available to everyone.

I don't give a rat's patooty about her Facebook page. Nothing to glean from it that we don't already have massive screen shots of...it's all still accessible...too bad, so sad. Welcome to the modern era of unprotected social networking...

(snipatta) I agree. 100%. However, visitation and custody are never decided based on what the parents deserve, but rather, on what is in the best interest of the child.

Apparently, here they felt it was in M's best interest to see her mother in a safe setting. I disagree. I believe M seeing her mother will spark what I suspect was some very unhealthy attitudes and emotions in M, like about killing herself, about her father, about "germs", etc. That's all speculation but it is how I am reading between the lines.

I agree with you, and also wonder ---is there a chance that her seeing her mother will spark memories about the demise of her brother? Although I do not wish that on any child, that would be cruel. But what IF she was secretly traumatized tho not showing signs in front of Mom, then felt safe where she is...then seeing her mother sparked something that may lead to finding her brother -and hopefully all recorded? Again, I wonder if the experts on this dynamic are consulted. It *feels* to me like a very dangerous and harmful fine line with a fragile , almost 5 year old. I worry she is stressed out of her little mind, and hope that everyone is praying for her well-being.

I'm not convinced she's behind it. I think someone who doesn't even know her may have created it (just to stir stuff up). It would be easier for her to set her existing account to private like she did with Flickr.

You could have a point there. I know NOTHING about Facebook, and I didn't know you could set up an account in someone else's name. :doh:

Something to think about, hmmm...

Respectfully, I could not disagree more. M might well "love" her mother. She would also love a family pet that contracted rabies. Regardless of M's feelings, you would be insane to allow contact with either rabid beast.

I will be blunt: I believe that Julia is dangerous. I believe she is a danger to herself and everyone around her. I believe it is entirely possible she will kill her ex husband and her daughter if given even the slightest opportunity. I believe that she is cunning, ruthless, and absolutely evil. That's what I believe. My opinion only, but I bet if he could talk little Sky would agree with me.

I respect your opinion and totally understand it. It's a scary situation. On the other hand, and admittedly I don't have the answers.... I do know that abused and neglected children are oddly attached to their abusers... so I really don't know what is best for lil' girl. That's why I hope experts are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl