WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I'm looking at that timeline, the more I think Sky might have disappeared between October 21-23. I can't really explain it -- just a feeling (and I know those are often wrong). I think JB realized she was going to need an alibi and asked SM for permission to leave the country on October 24 because something happened to Sky in the day or days prior and she wouldn't be able to produce him when necessary. When that didn't happen, things started snowballing and it was upon the SECOND airing of SVU's "Missing Pieces" that JB concocted her final alibi of a kidnapping -- but I don't think the way the baby in the tv show was disposed of is the way Sky was disposed of (if that happened), since I think the show "clicked" in her brain after Sky went missing and the only purpose it would serve then is to establish a kidnapping. Instead, I think the focus should be on the Cedar Hills Regional Landfill. Sure, statistics show that mothers dispose of their children close to home, but we also know that JB never bonded with Sky -- possibly, even despised him. I don't know that she would have had that natural maternal instinct to keep him close.

At least I wish LE would try. I know it's expensive, but I wish they would try to track the trash on the days you suggested, to the landfill and at least search some of it.

CPS only gets involved when there is a complaint to them. I do not believe Solomon made a complaint to them. Instead, he went through the court system. The family court system did not believe him and apparently failed to monitor the situation through court-ordered counseling, review hearings, etc.
Oh I think there were plenty of complaints to CPS. In 2009 and 2010, CPS received six referrals about this family. So it certainly looks like they were aware. Yet here are we guessing when was last someone saw this child alive. The father hasn't seen the children close to year, so obviously he couldn't complain to CPS during that time-as he didn't know what was going on with the children. So why weren't CPS checking on the two children?

"CPS received six referrals about the family from late 2009 to late 2010, state officials reported in court documents."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/07/sky-metalwala-missing-was_n_1080847.html

FWIW - I'm convinced that Sky has been "missing" since just about Haircut Day on 6/15.

There is just no reason why there would be so few pictures of him after Haircut Day in June except that he wasn't there to take a picture of.

Not a single picture of Sky on his birthday? Have any of Julia's friends or family been questioned or have come forward to say that they attended his birthday party since his birthday was on 10/2? If there wasn't a birthday party for him, I would say that the neighbor who thought they saw him and MM in mid October was mistaken and that this baby has been missing for far longer than was reported by JB.

The commissioner is the same as a judge. Judicial immunity. As far as the therapist is concerned, I really don't know. It's not my area of the law. But I doubt it. Possibly, he could file a complaint with the ethics board but I don't see that going far. The therapist gave an opinion only. I don't even think this was a psychologist, psychiatrist or L.C.S.W..

Smart sleuthing! Did she post at other times or were these the only times she posted?

CPS only gets involved when there is a complaint to them. I do not believe Solomon made a complaint to them. Instead, he went through the court system. The family court system did not believe him and apparently failed to monitor the situation through court-ordered counseling, review hearings, etc.

Thanks, Gitana! No, those were not her only posts -- I should have said that and thank you for bringing it up. Those were the posts that I was able to link to a date that was "high stress" for JB. I was trying to put on my "psychologist hat" and look at things from that angle, hoping to glean some new information. I thought that someone with OCD might resort to some kind of predictable stress release like surfing the internet....or watching a Justin Beiber music video.

JB didn't post daily and, up until mid/late August of 2011, she didn't post regularly at all. This is why I started thinking there might be something to the fact that she really upped the frequency of posts in August when everything REALLY started falling apart.

Here's the break-down of everything I have access to:

February 2010: 1 post
March 2010: 2 posts
April 2010: 0 posts
May 2010: 0 posts
June 2010: 0 posts
July 2010: 0 posts
August 2010: 0 posts
September 2010: 2 posts
October 2010: 0 posts
November 2010: 0 posts
December 2010: 0 posts
January 2011: 0 posts
February 2011: 0 posts
March, 2011: 1 post
April 2011: 0 posts
May 2011: 0 posts
June 2011: 1 post
July 2011: 1 post

And, then it all really picks up -- which is clinically very interesting to me:

Mid/Late August 2011: 2 posts and 2 changes to her profile details
September 2011: 8 posts (some are posted on the same day)
October 2011: 8 posts (again, some are on the same day)
November 2011: 1 post on the 4th, Sky goes missing 2 days later and all posts stop

:banghead:
I've noticed something about JB's facebook page: she tends to post during times of high stress. Here we go:

August 31, 2011: I can't understand all the lingo in the court record, but JB is listed as a defendent in a complaint filed on this day in King County Superior Court; it refers to an unlawful detainer

September 21: another notice of unlawful detainer in the court records

Respectfully snipped for space:

An unlawful detainer is part of a civil eviction process...yes, as in being evicted from your apartment! I spend a lot of time in online dockets (am NOT a lawyer) and this is one of the most predominant civil proceedings I see. Talk about STRESS!!!!

And the situation with finances wasn't likely to get better-her maintenance payments stopped in October because SM lost his business. So her stress levels presumably went up, potentially aggravating her OCD symptoms. But nobody was checking on the children at all, since the father was not allowed to, and the courts that prevented father from checking on the children didn't make sure somebody was checking on them.

August 31 The eviction process began on JB..

Sky's bday was 2 days later and IMO EVERYTHING hinges on whether this bday was celebrated. My feeling is that it did not get(i hope im proved wrong) celebrated and for me there is only ONE reason his bday would not be acknowledged..

An unlawful detainer is part of a civil eviction process...yes, as in being evicted from your apartment! I spend a lot of time in online dockets (am NOT a lawyer) and this is one of the most predominant civil proceedings I see. Talk about STRESS!!!!

Here's a crazy train of thought...

Is it possible that the Veloce apartments limit the number of people living in a 1 bedroom apartment (have we confirmed that's what she was renting?)? Could someone face eviction for violating this rule (assuming one exists)? Could JB, with no money to rent a 2 bedroom and not wanting to lose the apartment, have thought that by getting rid of Sky, her problem would be solved?

I think it's far fetched but it's the first thing that popped into my head!

Oh I think there were plenty of complaints to CPS. In 2009 and 2010, CPS received six referrals about this family. So it certainly looks like they were aware. Yet here are we guessing when was last someone saw this child alive. The father hasn't seen the children close to year, so obviously he couldn't complain to CPS during that time-as he didn't know what was going on with the children. So why weren't CPS checking on the two children?

"CPS received six referrals about the family from late 2009 to late 2010, state officials reported in court documents."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/07/sky-metalwala-missing-was_n_1080847.html

I don't think those were from him. If you look at his declaration, he states that Julia made several calls to police or CPS about him trying to kidnap the kids, bruising them and then molesting M. IIRC, the hospital may have called CPS initially in 2009 before Solomon filed for divorce, but when he stated he was caring for the children, that case was closed.

Thanks, Gitana! No, those were not her only posts -- I should have said that and thank you for bringing it up. Those were the posts that I was able to link to a date that was "high stress" for JB. I was trying to put on my "psychologist hat" and look at things from that angle, hoping to glean some new information. I thought that someone with OCD might resort to some kind of predictable stress release like surfing the internet....or watching a Justin Beiber music video.

JB didn't post daily and, up until mid/late August of 2011, she didn't post regularly at all. This is why I started thinking there might be something to the fact that she really upped the frequency of posts in August when everything REALLY started falling apart.

Here's the break-down of everything I have access to:

February 2010: 1 post
March 2010: 2 posts
April 2010: 0 posts
May 2010: 0 posts
June 2010: 0 posts
July 2010: 0 posts
August 2010: 0 posts
September 2010: 2 posts
October 2010: 0 posts
November 2010: 0 posts
December 2010: 0 posts
January 2011: 0 posts
February 2011: 0 posts
March, 2011: 1 post
April 2011: 0 posts
May 2011: 0 posts
June 2011: 1 post
July 2011: 1 post

And, then it all really picks up -- which is clinically very interesting to me:

Mid/Late August 2011: 2 posts and 2 changes to her profile details
September 2011: 8 posts (some are posted on the same day)
October 2011: 8 posts (again, some are on the same day)
November 2011: 1 post on the 4th, Sky goes missing 2 days later and all posts stop

Wow. I thought that's what you meant and it is very, very telling. Maybe you should pass that along to LE.

:banghead:

Thanks for the clarification! I knew what the legal term was (from googling, lol) but I couldn't connect it to the story because the house and condo had been foreclosed on much earlier. I didn't realize it was JB's APARTMENT!

August 31 The eviction process began on JB..

Sky's bday was 2 days later and IMO EVERYTHING hinges on whether this bday was celebrated. My feeling is that it did not get(i hope im proved wrong) celebrated and for me there is only ONE reason his bday would not be acknowledged..

I agree. This is one of the areas that the friends/family of JB could hold valuable information. I would think that they would start questioning JB about celebrating his birthday. If I was a close friend or family and knew that JB obviously had mental problems AND she refused to celebrate Sky's birthday or even allow anyone to see him, I would be very concerned and insist on seeing her children.

Maybe they have already provided this information to the LE and we are not aware of it, but I did not get that impression from the radio show last night.

IIRC, Julia was hospitalized in 2009. CPS received a report around that time, due to what Solomon told them was going on:
In other documents, Metalwala said Biryukova wouldn't allow food to be brought into their residence, forcing them to eat elsewhere, and wouldn't allow him to use the bathroom for anything but showers. Police said Child Protective Services had investigated and found that Biryukova had been hospitalized at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue for being suicidal. "At the hospital, it was reported that (she) wouldn't let food at the house. Theresa (CPS investigator) confirmed with the father that this was happening, but the father said he would take the children out to eat so they were being fed."
http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-fat...into-their-residence-20111123,0,6936319.story

IIRC from another article at some point, the case was closed as a result of Solomon stating he would make sure the kids were being fed.

Solomon filed for divorce in 2010. It was then that Julia began making all her progressively worse allegations. I do not believe he made any calls to CPS after he filed for divorce. In many states, a family law attorney would discourage their client from doing so unless there was absolute evidence of an emergency, abuse, etc. Because if no evidence is found, in many states, the call to CPS can be used to take away custody from the caller if there is no evidence and it can be found that it was made to interfere with child custody and the court system. So, it's dangerous to do.

Let me add that this is a very frustrating, horrific case and many people dropped the ball and enabled this to happen. I blame the court system mostly, aside from Julia. But I do not see anyone paying the price for this but Julia (and of course everyone she destroyed in the process). But no one else is likely to face justice as a result of their failings here. Which is unfair.

FWIW - I'm convinced that Sky has been "missing" since just about Haircut Day on 6/15.

There is just no reason why there would be so few pictures of him after Haircut Day in June except that he wasn't there to take a picture of.

Not a single picture of Sky on his birthday? Have any of Julia's friends or family been questioned or have come forward to say that they attended his birthday party since his birthday was on 10/2? If there wasn't a birthday party for him, I would say that the neighbor who thought they saw him and MM in mid October was mistaken and that this baby has been missing for far longer than was reported by JB.

AFAIK, there are no photos of M taken after that date and posted to Flickr either. It's possible JB didn't always have access to a camera. In Solomon's declaration, he had stated that he had returned all personal property requested by JB with the exception of things that were his, like his camera. I recall there were at least two different cameras used for the bulk of the photos, based on Flickr data. I'm wondering if JB was relying on cameras borrowed from friends. On the other hand, she did have an iPhone at some point that she could have used.

As for Sky's birthday, I agree that is an important indicator. If JB had thrown him a party that was even half as well attended as the one she held for M, I would think someone would have come forward by now (although perhaps they have and LE isn't releasing that info...the only friend I know of who has been questioned by LE is SO and I believe that was because of her role on the day the disappearance was reported).

Maybe this is something M could be asked about. I'd think she would remember doing something fun for Sky's birthday, if anything was done at all.

Since SM wasn't allowed to see the children he couldn't complain to CPS since he had no idea what was going on. But CPS certainly was on notice due to all the prior complaints (from either side), so I still don't understand why no one was monitoring these children.

I don't think those were from him. If you look at his declaration, he states that Julia made several calls to police or CPS about him trying to kidnap the kids, bruising them and then molesting M. IIRC, the hospital may have called CPS initially in 2009 before Solomon filed for divorce, but when he stated he was caring for the children, that case was closed.

Wow. I thought that's what you meant and it is very, very telling. Maybe you should pass that along to LE.

Thanks, Gitana. I passed it on to SandS and asked her to decide if it was worth showing to LE. I really hope they check the landfill.

I could totally see JB not celebrating Sky's birthday even if he was still alive.

JB was obviously drowning in stress during the time of his birthday in 2011. If she wasn't particularly bonded with Sky (maybe even resented him?), was isolating in her home to a very extreme point, and was engaged in heavy-duty OCD behaviors so severe that we know she wasn't properly feeding at least one of her children....oh, yeah. I can totally see her not celebrating his birthday and him still being alive. I don't believe she had the impetus to even care about his birthday let alone create a celebration.

And, Julia posted on her facebook wall on Sky's birthday of this year. Just sayin'....

I think this is a good time to remember this MSM article.

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=108&sid=581884

It includes the following:

In custody fillings, Metalwala wrote about his ex-wife's dangerous mental state.

"She began to have dreams about killing our children, even telling me of her dreams about strangling our youngest child," Metalwala wrote. "This became very scary, and I knew it was time I had to do something."

and

"He (SM) did what any good normal dad would do. He asked for a protection order," Cavener told 97.3 KIRO FM's Ron & Don Show. He said that Metelwala was denied that protection order despite an "alarming" Global Assessment of Functionality [GAF] score.

Biryukova scored a 15 on a scale on 1 to 100 when she was admitted on March 11, 2010. According to a GAF scale, that means she was in danger of hurting herself or others. When she was discharged in March 15, she scored a 40. That score indicates that she would have shown some impairment in reality, such as work, family relations, judgment, thinking, or mood."

I could totally see JB not celebrating Sky's birthday even if he was still alive.

JB was obviously drowning in stress during the time of his birthday in 2011. If she wasn't particularly bonded with Sky (maybe even resented him?), was isolating in her home to a very extreme point, and was engaged in heavy-duty OCD behaviors so severe that we know she wasn't properly feeding at least one of her children....oh, yeah. I can totally see her not celebrating his birthday and him still being alive. I don't believe she had the impetus to even care about his birthday let alone create a celebration.

And, Julia posted on her facebook wall on Sky's birthday of this year. Just sayin'....

I think it is possible that JB might not celebrate his bday but how could her friends and family think that was ok?

In comparison, when my children were small, my friends and family would want to know WEEKS ahead of time what kind of party we were having and what we were going to do and how they could help....those were the most fun years!!

WHERE IS SKY???? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member