WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in, anyone have a candle photo we should use for avatar?

Regarding VK.com, maybe Julia is reaching out to anyone she may know in her homeland, possibly she is planning an escape? I dunno.

One day closer, Sky baby.

Is it possible Julia has moved back to Ukraine or Russia? It sounds like neither country will extradite its citizens for crimes committed abroad.

If I'm reading the law correctly, she would still hold Ukrainian citizenship if she was born there and received foreign citizenship prior to turning 18. She became a U.S. citizen in 1999, which is the same year she turned 18. If she was a Russian citizen by birth, she would still hold that citizenship as long as she didn't renounce it.

I wonder if Solomon knows which passports, if any, she held.

I am with you, thinking about what to do to find what happened.My shoulder is better now but not a computer, it died month ago, I use time to time coffee or neighbor's.

Just checking in to see if our boy got tucked in tonight. All safe, snug, sound, and sleepy . . . . beautiful child - we won't forget you!

Just checking in to see if our boy got tucked in tonight. All safe, snug, sound, and sleepy . . . . beautiful child - we won't forget you!

Sweet, Wenwe! I guess that's what I'm doing (nearly) every night before I go to sleep. Check on our boy and keep him from falling to page 2. We won't forget you dear boy, you can count on that.

One day closer.

Sky Light, Sky Bright
I wish I may, I wish I Might
Have this wish I wish tonight . .

I wish you found safe, sound and all is right.

Back up the ladder you go sweet boy!

I found some nice candle avatars on this website

http://www.avatarsdb.com/various/candles/

I like the double candle one..it says its "blue",but it looks purple to me!!
Id love to see what you guys can find!!

That totally looks purple to me...

OH MY..it looks like the candle is flickering..(on the website) !!!! That would be SO cool!!
*Someone is gonna have to walk me through this.....* LOL

Attachments

• sky candle purple.jpg
    sky candle purple.jpg
    985 bytes · Views: 120
It looks like a European social networking site. Kinda like Face Book. She's gone world wide now..............

Speaking of world wide...is it possible for her to leave the US even though she is under suspicion? Could Clay Terry not request to have her passports removed from her possession? Surely she hasn't skipped the country.

What a lovely idea, Bree! I love the idea of lighting candles all across the United States -- the world, even! -- for our dear Sky. I'm totally going to do it. Maybe we could also change our profile avatar pics to candles on his anniversary-date so he has a glowing light of support on this forum from his Sky Crew. Any thoughts?

Anyhow, in the meantime....I found this: http://vk.com/id133577864

Anyone know what it might be?

I found this one we could use as our avatar. It was already labeled "Sky blue".

Luminara-Sky-Blue.jpg

Another candle:

BlueCandle.jpg

Is it possible Julia has moved back to Ukraine or Russia? It sounds like neither country will extradite its citizens for crimes committed abroad.

(snipped)

I wonder if Solomon knows which passports, if any, she held.

BBM I wondered that too and then read your post. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. :banghead: I sure hope LE knows where she is.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling LE is refraining from arresting Julia because they believe they can gather more clues by watching her Internet activity. Would it be possible for LE to monitor her activity on social networking websites, including vk.com, even with her settings on private? I certainly hope that is the case. I also hope LE can block any attempt Julia makes to leave the country. I have to think LE has enough evidence to arrest her, but are playing a waiting game with her and should she make an attempt to leave the country, they would be ready to make the arrest.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling LE is refraining from arresting Julia because they believe they can gather more clues by watching her Internet activity. Would it be possible for LE to monitor her activity on social networking websites, including vk.com, even with her settings on private? I certainly hope that is the case. I also hope LE can block any attempt Julia makes to leave the country. I have to think LE has enough evidence to arrest her, but are playing a waiting game with her and should she make an attempt to leave the country, they would be ready to make the arrest.

I am almost hoping she tries to leave the country... And LE can catch her!

Praying for Sky!

:praying:

BTW... Love the candle suggestion... And the candles! :seeya:

My son is a few months older than Sky. We have his pictures made every 5-6 months professionally. He had them taken in April and again in September. He doesn't look like the same child. I hadn't even realized how much he had changed until I looked at them. My son always had a 'military cut' hairstyle and I've let it grow into a longer 'little boy' style...amazing how much a hairstyle will change a child's appearance, not to mention the physical changes.

IF (and I think that's a rather big IF) Sky is still among us, then I don't think he would look a whole lot like he did even a year ago. Especially if a person wants him to look different. I, sadly, think Julia knows exactly where he is. And, how that heartless thing (I won't call her a woman) can lay down each night and sleep is beyond my comprehension.

I think our Constitution needs to be revisited. While I support the right to plea the 5th, I will NEVER believe our forefathers meant for it to be used in the manner that these murderous individuals are doing. NO ONE should have to wonder where their baby is all the while the suspect goes on living as though nothing ever happened. That's not just Sky's case, that includes cases like Christian Aguilar's.

Off my rant! I'm so sick of nothing being done to her! HOW DARE SHE?!! :banghead: Okay, now I'm off my rant.

BBM I know what you mean, Bree. The laws of this country do change and the interpretations of our Constitution change from time to time which is why there are amendments. I'm glad it works that way because people are not perfect and can abuse their rights.

There is a need to protect the innocent -- those who are falsely accused -- and even insure justice for the guilty. I have it heard it said that, in the Old Testament law, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth meant that the victim was not entitled to more than what was taken from him. It set a limit as to what could be claimed. But, people misused that law to demand what they felt they were entitled to.

Laws in our country change to insure equity. But, that doesn't always happen because there are people, including some lawyers, who misuse the 5th amendment so that the scales of justice tip in favor of the defendant and to the detriment of the victim. I agree that the laws in this country do need to be revisited so that existing laws cannot be misused to pervert justice. It's a constant balancing act, and I don't think we should be ashamed to speak out on behalf of victims and their families.

Oh, yes. LE can (and likely is) monitoring Julia's online social networking activities. We know they have already pored through the records of her online activities prior to Sky going missing so I am sure they are keeping tabs on her activities since Sky went missing as well. I already emailed in the vk.com tip to LE and I hope they're able to get something from it. Sky, we're holding out hope for you, little man!! Dong everything we can!!

A colleague once told me to never forget that it is a "Court of Law - Not a Court of Justice". While we can continue to "tweak" the wording of laws - ultimately it always comes down to semantics.

I am amazed that just by being silent these "parents/caretakers" can go on without being charged for at least a minimum of child neglect or child endangerment. Baby Gabriel, Caylee Anthony, Kyron Horman, sweet Sky child, the list goes on and on . . . .if truly nothing happened to these childen or they are safe and sound with a "Nanny", a "black market foster placement", relatives in another country, etc . . . . produce evidence or face consequences! I know that there are other parents who are grieving and truly horrified that their child was kidnapped and they should never be punished for horrific acts done by others. But the parents/caretakers whose stories do not add up, avoid helping to find the child, do not display any emotional attachment to the missing child, have no verifiable alibi during the time the child went missing, etc - at least should be held to a higher standard. The risk of harm that they admit to placing their child in (ie: leaving your 2 year old abandoned in a car) . . certainly needs to be addressed. How would this compromise a death case - if they are later found to be involved in a homocide of the child if they are only charged with child endangerment or significant child neglect?
These parents cannot provide proof of the child safety - despite their claims of having no further information. It makes me so angry they are not held to the same standard as when a Child Protection referral is made and those parents must prove the allegation wrong. For instance, a referral is made that a parent beat their child - CPS shows up at the door and wants to ensure the child does not have bruises or injuries in order to close the case out as "unfounded". There is no proof that these parents do not have an "unfounded" allegation of child endangerment. Let them at least face some consequence!

Back up the slide you go, Sky baby. One day closer. And we're getting closer, I just feel it.

It looks like a European social networking site. Kinda like Face Book. She's gone world wide now..............

Vkontakte.ru or as its newly been rebranded - vk.com.
It is a Russian socialnetworking site EXTREMELY popular (its basically akin to facebook but for the Russian speaking population). I actually have had an account on vk.ru/vk.com for a few years now myself. If she has a lot if ties and/friends/family back in Russia/Ukraine this would definitely be one of the best ways to stay in contact. Also, www.odnoklassniki.ru is another social media site that's popular in that part of the world...its older than vk and attracts the older generations but still highly trafficked.

JSYK :D

Sent with KFire via Tap-a-Talk

It is a Russian socialnetworking site EXTREMELY popular (its basically akin to facebook but for the Russian speaking population). I actually have had an account on vk.ru/vk.com for a few years now myself. If she has a lot if ties and/friends/family back in Russia/Ukraine this would definitely be one of the best ways to stay in contact. Also, www.odnoklassniki.ru is another social media site that's popular in that part of the world...its older than vk and attracts the older generations but still highly trafficked.

Wow,Thanks for the info anya!
Its so hard for me to imagine Julia casually spending time on her computer..like nothing is wrong... :banghead:..while her CHILD is "missing".

I JUST dont understand. She must have NO feelings at all,except for selfishness.

Oh Sky baby..WE love you..WE look for you...WE hope for you! :blowkiss:

I found him....on page 3!!! Up! Up! Up! Back to the top you go, little man!!!!

Please Sky, send us a sign so you can finally come home!!! :please:

I found him....on page 3!!! Up! Up! Up! Back to the top you go, little man!!!!

Please Sky, send us a sign so you can finally come home!!! :please:

PAGE THREE??!!! Goodness, gracious, dear boy -- you deserve so much better than that!

Anya -- are you able to view JB's profile on vk.com and tell us what you saw or send a screen shot? Thanks in advance if you're able to!

Sending you love, Sky!!!!

:Welcome1: to Anya!!

Welcome, Anya!

I wonder if Julia is feeling uncomfortable...like she's being watched. Maybe she feels like she has more privacy when she's conversing in Russian. She may also be feeling isolated here if friends have become leery of her, and so is gravitating toward friends and family back home in Russia. I'm sure there are Russian-speaking investigators on the case. Perhaps Julia's more likely to spill the beans on vk.com because she'll feel more comfortable/ less inhibited.

b4n1stb2cs5yonim0q.jpg

Oops! Sorry about the mess, Julia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members