WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking about Sky and Lisa lately. I think it was spurred on by a conversation with my daughter in Kansas City, who said there was nothing the police could do about Lisa. No body, no solid evidence one way or the other. I think the same thing is going on with Sky-they can't charge her if they don't have a body. And since, sadly, it was weeks between visitation with his dad, I don't think they will find it. Even if M can someday say what happened, I am not sure she would be credible enough to rest a prosecution on.

Oh, some days I wished I believed in hell, because it seems so unfair that these women got away with murdering their children. All I can hope is that justice catches up with them or they live in a hell of their own making here on earth.

How in the hell can Soloman have been homeless after gaining custody of M while Julia lives in a high end apartment after having disappeared Sky and not having any interest in maintaining contact with her other child?

I thought she was living there with subsidized rent because she had children and a low income. :furious:

BBM: :furious: :banghead: :furious:

I will always think they can charge her with things (neglect, child endangerment) for M. She admitted to leaving them home the day she was in her 12+ hour mediation.

Giving little Sky a boost up. We don't forget Sky. Someday justice will be yours, your Daddy's and your sister M's for what you've all been through. Someday sweetheart.

I have move on new place. I am following this tread but didn't have strong to write. Sky is in my thought all the time. sometimes I open site few time in hope for good news.

Little boy it is justice, sometimes it comes slowly but always it comes!

:blowkiss:

One day closer Sky Little Man !! We're ALL here to bring you home !!

So..Im wondering if Solomon has considered filing a civil suit against Julia? Would this affect any future charges against her when Sky is found? I know we've tossed this idea around before. But perhaps it would finally "break" Julia...and she would lead us to Sky.In the end,thats really all we want....to find Sky.

Iam a Chemist...not a Lawyer. I need help with the legal jazz. :blushing:

Years ago a family member (age5) was abducted and murdered. Her brother (age 4) was with her when she was abducted and was the only witness. He didn't talk...for a while anyway....a few years later (I think he was 7 by this time) the abductors picture flashed across the screen and he went ballistic. He had done this one other time right after her abduction when this same man was shown but nothing ever came if it back then because he wouldn't talk (I'm sure he may have been too traumatized). Once he was a little older and saw this guy again he started telling what happened. Now mind you not all at once. Little bits and pieces at a time over a couple of months. When LE finally put all of the pieces to his story together it was very consistent with the evidence they had but no witness or solid proof at the time. I am hoping this will happen in this case and that little M will be the key that unlocks this monsters jail cell!

Thank you for sharing. That's so sad . I'm hoping the same happens here and big sister holds the key. She had to have seen something.

So..Im wondering if Solomon has considered filing a civil suit against Julia? Would this affect any future charges against her when Sky is found? I know we've tossed this idea around before. But perhaps it would finally "break" Julia...and she would lead us to Sky.In the end,thats really all we want....to find Sky.

Iam a Chemist...not a Lawyer. I need help with the legal jazz. :blushing:

You're a Chemist?? I've only seen those on TV. What does a Chemist actually do? LOL!

I really wish Solomon would file a civil suit. That is the only way that Julia can get a little tiny bit of punishment at this point. At the very least it would be nice to know that she was sitting in a jail cell instead of having the luxury to vacuum whenever she feels like it. I know that's a mental health issue and that we shouldn't tease about something that someone can't help but....she hid Sky and neglected them both and with held them from their Daddy and I want her to feel a little bit of something...anything that makes her uncomfortable for at least a little while.

Thinking of Sweet Sky today . . . . I think of him many days.

Just dropping in to say hello - we want this child home and am hopeful LE has not given up. Please let a big break in this case come quickly!

You're a Chemist?? I've only seen those on TV. What does a Chemist actually do? LOL!

I really wish Solomon would file a civil suit. That is the only way that Julia can get a little tiny bit of punishment at this point. At the very least it would be nice to know that she was sitting in a jail cell instead of having the luxury to vacuum whenever she feels like it. I know that's a mental health issue and that we shouldn't tease about something that someone can't help but....she hid Sky and neglected them both and with held them from their Daddy and I want her to feel a little bit of something...anything that makes her uncomfortable for at least a little while.

LOL!! Awww PPJs,youre so funny! My DD always laughs and says, that I dont "look the part" at all...a " tatooed,hippie chic,bunny huggin Chemist". Groovey!

Im an Environmental Analyst/Chemist. Im the one who gets to make sure the water we drink, here in easter Washington state, is safe..and that the waste water treatment and food processing plants are dong their jobs. Which they are, by the way!! :peace:

I think a civil suit would be a great idea,for a couple reasons.First of all,as you stated in your post...perhaps it would be enough to get Julia squirming...make her uncomfortable..let her know that we arent going to just "let this slide". KWIM. Julia is the key to this mystery,IMO.

And....perhaps,a civil suit would finally bring our Little Man home. Maybe Julia would snap under the pressure of it all,and tell us where he is.

Now,as I admitted to earlier...Im not sure how a CS would affect future legal action against Julia. SO...of course this is all IMO. Yada Yada.

We love you Sky!! Theres alot of hugs and kisses waiting for you here at home! :heartbeat:

Wow that is really cool Gatekeeper! No way was I going to let that little tid bit get by me, I had to ask what you did with your chemistry knowledge in real life!

I have a feeling that the reason we probably won't see a civil suit in this case for either Sky or his sister is because Solomon is simply "too nice". I mean, I've met him in person at the balloon release and he is completely devastated about Sky but, I don't think he has the "revenge gene" in him to want to cause any additional trouble or trauma or whatever to Julia. He just doesn't seem to be the kind of person who thinks like that.

I on the other hand....want to see charges and a very long prison sentence for her.

Wow that is really cool Gatekeeper! No way was I going to let that little tid bit get by me, I had to ask what you did with your chemistry knowledge in real life!

I have a feeling that the reason we probably won't see a civil suit in this case for either Sky or his sister is because Solomon is simply "too nice". I mean, I've met him in person at the balloon release and he is completely devastated about Sky but, I don't think he has the "revenge gene" in him to want to cause any additional trouble or trauma or whatever to Julia. He just doesn't seem to be the kind of person who thinks like that.

I on the other hand....want to see charges and a very long prison sentence for her.

BBM

Not much gets past you ,my friend. ;)

LOL!! Awww PPJs,youre so funny! My DD always laughs and says, that I dont "look the part" at all...a " tatooed,hippie chic,bunny huggin Chemist". Groovey!

Im an Environmental Analyst/Chemist. Im the one who gets to make sure the water we drink, here in easter Washington state, is safe..and that the waste water treatment and food processing plants are dong their jobs. Which they are, by the way!! :peace:

I think a civil suit would be a great idea,for a couple reasons.First of all,as you stated in your post...perhaps it would be enough to get Julia squirming...make her uncomfortable..let her know that we arent going to just "let this slide". KWIM. Julia is the key to this mystery,IMO.

And....perhaps,a civil suit would finally bring our Little Man home. Maybe Julia would snap under the pressure of it all,and tell us where he is.

Now,as I admitted to earlier...Im not sure how a CS would affect future legal action against Julia. SO...of course this is all IMO. Yada Yada.

We love you Sky!! Theres alot of hugs and kisses waiting for you here at home! :heartbeat:

I think I have to add meeting Gatekeeper in real life to my bucket list. :peace:

I wish there was a lawyer posting here to give us some answers about a civil suit against Julia. My understanding had always been that someone who was found financially liable for wrongdoing in a civil litigation could not later be tried in criminal court for the same offense because it would be considered double jeopardy. There have been several cases, of which the only one I can presently think of is the O.J. murder trial, where family members of the victim(s) filed civil charges after the accused was acquitted in a criminal trial. The only instance I can think of in which a civil suit was filed preceding criminal prosecution is Desiree Young's civil suit against Terri Horman in Kyron Horman's disappearance. I think DY filed the suit out of desperation, though, thinking a civil suit was the only way to expose information leading to Kyron. But, the civil case was abated when supposedly new evidence was found. This article explains the actual reasoning behind the abatement: http://www.katu.com/news/local/Lega...Horman-case-a-hint-of-progress-181287271.html

In that article, the Chief Deputy DA is cited as stating in court records that "premature disclosure of the information ... could jeopardize that on-going investigation." So, revealing evidence surrounding Kyron's disappearance in a civil case would hinder the investigative process necessary to prosecute the case in a criminal court. From the same article:
Those hints of progress came after prosecutors suddenly convinced a judge to put a halt to a civil suit brought by Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young. Prosecutors claimed the suit could hurt their investigation.

On the surface, the legal maneuvering could mean investigators have some promising new clues, but it could also mean they're playing defense trying to stop the civil suit so the lawyers for Kyron's stepmother, Terri Horman, don't learn what evidence and leads investigators have implicating her in Kyron's disappearance.

So, it appears that the problem of filing a civil suit in advance of a criminal suit might not be double jeopardy, but revealing evidence from the criminal investigation to support civil litigation could damage the prospects of successful prosecution in a future criminal trial. I definitely see the application to Sky's disappearance. Solomon has been working closely with investigators, so he wouldn't file a civil suit without consulting investigators. The only reason they would possibly advise him to file a civil suit would be if they felt they didn't have a solid criminal case with the evidence they've obtained. So, the fact that Solomon hasn't filed a civil suit against Julia is a promising sign that investigators are confident about future criminal proceedings. I hope I am correct.

I've never forgotten you Sky *advertiser censored*

I wish there was a lawyer posting here to give us some answers about a civil suit against Julia. My understanding had always been that someone who was found financially liable for wrongdoing in a civil litigation could not later be tried in criminal court for the same offense because it would be considered double jeopardy. There have been several cases, of which the only one I can presently think of is the O.J. murder trial, where family members of the victim(s) filed civil charges after the accused was acquitted in a criminal trial. The only instance I can think of in which a civil suit was filed preceding criminal prosecution is Desiree Young's civil suit against Terri Horman in Kyron Horman's disappearance. I think DY filed the suit out of desperation, though, thinking a civil suit was the only way to expose information leading to Kyron. But, the civil case was abated when supposedly new evidence was found. This article explains the actual reasoning behind the abatement: http://www.katu.com/news/local/Lega...Horman-case-a-hint-of-progress-181287271.html

In that article, the Chief Deputy DA is cited as stating in court records that "premature disclosure of the information ... could jeopardize that on-going investigation." So, revealing evidence surrounding Kyron's disappearance in a civil case would hinder the investigative process necessary to prosecute the case in a criminal court. From the same article:

So, it appears that the problem of filing a civil suit in advance of a criminal suit might not be double jeopardy, but revealing evidence from the criminal investigation to support civil litigation could damage the prospects of successful prosecution in a future criminal trial. I definitely see the application to Sky's disappearance. Solomon has been working closely with investigators, so he wouldn't file a civil suit without consulting investigators. The only reason they would possibly advise him to file a civil suit would be if they felt they didn't have a solid criminal case with the evidence they've obtained. So, the fact that Solomon hasn't filed a civil suit against Julia is a promising sign that investigators are confident about future criminal proceedings. I hope I am correct.

Thank you Indy Anna! Wow, I hadn't thought about it that way at all and that makes a lot of good sense! The only thing I thought about was the double jeopardy issue. I now understand that they wouldn't want to let her know all that they know or, even to show her how much they don't know.

That is the only reason that I could see why they haven't charged her with anything for little miss MM as well. By doing that, it may show the defense too much info on what they have or don't have.

You've given me a little bit more patience. Not much, but some. :hug:

Up you go little man. Sky, you are in our thoughts and we want to bring you home. Happy St. Patrick's Day Sky. I bet a green shirt would look cute on your with your dark skin and dark hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice for Brenda Goudge