WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solomon Metalwala said he'd heard of the rumored similarities between the case and an episode of "Law and Order" that aired the day before Sky disappeared.

"'Law and Order' was Julia's favorite show, and the similarities are pretty similar," he said. "And if she got that idea in her head that 'I can make this happen,' she's not going to fear the consequences because she doesn't fear consequences."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/133671023.html

11poster_lowres.jpg

OT Remembering
http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/poster/11poster_lowres.jpg

Yes, it's quite apparent to me too that mom doesn't fear (or respect) consequences. After all, she already was cited, did community service and parenting classes, and paid a fine for leaving a child alone in a car before. Not only did she do that exact same thing again (according to her) she has also left the children home alone for extended periods (according to LE).

I see his point. I too get the feeling that with her, it's "my way or the highway" and consequences be damned. Now whether that is because she is extremely self-centered or she is mentally ill, I don't have a clue.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/sky...g-child-focuses-on-mothers-car-133628458.html

very interesting video ^^^^

here are some of the points:

4:06: per court documents Julia had her hair cut, went shoe shopping, 12 hour mediation with SM and attys, and lied to those around her saying someone was watching the kids

4:49: some members of JB's family are coming forward; "some" are cooperating... some don't want it known they are working with police

Why do I want to just say ".. here we go again .." ?

*sigh*

Sky .. where are you, baby.

Off hand does anyone know the name of the L&O episode referenced in the article above?

Thank you!

http://www.king5.com/news/local/sky...g-child-focuses-on-mothers-car-133628458.html

4:06: per court documents Julia had her hair cut, went shoe shopping, 12 hour mediation with SM and attys, and lied to those around her saying someone was watching the kids

4:49: some members of JB's family are coming forward; "some" are cooperating... some don't want it known they are working with police

I don't have working speakers... so need to ask. At the 4:06 mark, clearly they are speaking of different days?

If she left her children alone that often, clearly the odds of something tragic happening are overwhelming. I'm still shaking my head this woman was ever entrusted -by anyone- alone with these children. Some people should just NEVER reproduce.

Even at 9 my son sometimes wants to be left to play with his friends if I have to run a short errand (5 min or so round trip to 7-11) and I always tell him NO! No, he's too young. Fortunately the neighbors son parents, who is my sons best friend, and I will watch the others child for those short errands so the kids can still play. But NEVER, would I leave him without an adult in charge.

jmo

I wonder what court documents these are?

It's been reported that Sky was last seen appx 2 weeks before his disappearance by a neighbor. Is anyone besides me concerned mom would have gone through with a full 11-12 hours of mediation if something tragic had already happened?

I find myself wondering if anyone spoke or tried to speak to Sky on the phone after the 23rd of October. Even if he couldn't exactly talk at 25 mo's( NCMEC lists his dob as 10-02-2009) he'd make some sounds.

Moms behavior is so incredibly concerning, I really can't get a handle on if I think he was alive and well when she went to mediation or not. :(

Oh god,what if something happened during those 12 hours plus that she left those babies alone?That little girl is already so traumatized,what if she feels responsible?I do feel that beautiful little girl is the key.I hope she is getting really good therapy.She is so brainwashed by her mom I hope she can be helped.I just have a bad feeling that it's too late for little Sky and the little girl is so damaged already :(

I wonder what court documents these are?

Would JB's statements to LE admitting she left the children alone enter into the CPS? custody decision on putting M into foster care? That's my guess on what court documents contained this information, until we get further detail.

I'm so praying this child is found today. Preferably safely, but if not, his family deserves closure. :(

Cubby,
It didn't say if it was for the same period of time or not...

Kat, iirc it was bits and pieces?

Does anyone know if she does or has ever held a job outside of the home? How does she support herself and her children? I had read that the family was having financial difficulties and yet owned a home and a condo? I assume she receives child support payments from her ex-husband.

My initial thought was when Julia was at this 12 hour mediation, and IF it is true the children were left home alone, my thought was they were locked in a closet. The more I think of it now, perhaps they were both locked in the bathroom.

We don't know if Sky was potty trained yet, but let's say he was and he could use the potty as well as his sis "M". They would have access to water, however, also have access to a lot of danger by falling into an empty tub, or falling on a tiled floor or into the toilet.

If Sky was not potty trained, his diaper would be full, as well as heavy and he would want to pull it off, or it would leak out of both sides. Too much room for messing an open house, if they were left free to roam. This is why I feel they were confined and the bathroom would be the easiest to clean. :(

Does anyone know if she does or has ever held a job outside of the home? How does she support herself and her children? I had read that the family was having financial difficulties and yet owned a home and a condo? I assume she receives child support payments from her ex-husband.

Her Facebook page indicates she is a "stay at home" mom.

Where did you read they own a home and a condo?

I would assume that she was receiving child support from her husband, and perhaps, spousal support too!

Patty it was reported early on that the house and condo that they owned caused them financial problems and was the start of their marriage problems.. iirc it was 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss