WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Polygraph or not, there are questions we'd like to ask Julie with her attorney present," Bellevue Police Maj. Mike Johnson said.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/133671023.html

It will be interesting to see if JB and her attorney agree to this meeting request. If not, that imo will give us all the answers we need.

jmo

Interesting, how careful he is to say "with her attorney present". I guess so he doesn't look like the LE working the Baby Lisa case.

Like, Jus' sayin, Julia, we're not asking you to waive your constitutional rights.

My guess is she had fears of germs in public. Think of the door handles, sick kids at daycare.... She could 'control' cleaning her home. She wouldn't have that same 'control' exposing her children to whatever in public. This seems to make the most sense to me given MSM has reported she and her children lived a 'reclusive' lifestyle.

jmo

Refresh my "old" brain please, weren't the children in daycare at one point?

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would leave children that young alone. She herself wasn't afraid to go out in public. She also could have presumably asked her mother or brother to watch the kids when she had to go to mediation.

BBM. Not necessarily. It's possible her mother works full time and possible her brother works full time or is a full time student.

However, she knew about this mediation date at some reasonable time in advance. Likely at least a full month. The date would have been set at an earlier court date. She would have had plenty of time to get a sitter and if she found herself last minute without a sitter, she could have sent her attorney to court/mediation in her absence requesting the mediation date be rescheduled due to lack of child care. Yet, she admittedly left them alone for upwards of 12 hours.

I'm so scratching my head on her decisions. 12 hours. What if something happened and someone found and reported those children being alone? She would have lost custody entirely- and her custody battle would have been over.

How did NO ONE in that apartment building realize those children were alone? I guess it could happen, if she drugged them.... Don't apartments still have pest control come through regularly? It's been a long long time since I have been a renter, but when I did rent, maintenance had access and would just knock first and enter if I wasn't home. JB took a LOT of risks here- especially after having been charged the first time.

ay yi yi.

Has it been confirmed that she did leave the kids at home alone?

Another disturbing case. I'm so over these moms (and/or dads) who have the answers and refuse to fess' up. I think the trauma they cause other family members, searchers and LE should be prosecuted as a crime - it's almost a form of terrorism. I cannot imagine hearing this "story" about my grandchild, believing the mother knows "something" and not being able to do anything about it. It's got to be a nightmare for all concerned.

Does DB's family live out of the area/state? I'm curious about the comment made by LE that someone(s) close to her has answers (paraphrased). IMO LE was still playing nice with DB when the comment was made and in reality she is the only one who has the answers.

If it is true that she left the children alone even one time, it seems to me that LE would have grounds to go ahead and arrest her on child neglect and child endangerment charges so I think that's what they need to do. Maybe spending a few days in jail might make her crack.

~jmo~

I agree, it's baffling.

I would also guess that the mediators had some kind of child care resources - it seems they would even have nursery services on site. In cases where those facilities are used as a neutral drop off place for parents who don't have the maturity to even be able to tolerate each other's presence, they function as a drop in nursery.

Her thinking is just so baffling. That she would leave these kids alone for SO LONG (although, to be fair, I'm sure she didn't expect it to go on for 11 hours), and then later pretend her car ran out of gas when it didn't.

Inexplicable thought processes.

BBM. Can a local chime in on how and where mediation is handled for this jurisdiction? In my case, we were court ordered to go to mediation and it was not handled at the court house. It was at a location which is also used as an exchange facility and a location where a parent would have supervised visitation. The waiting room area, my sons father and I waited in, was set up with couches and childrens toys, books, etc. I did not need daycare so I never inquired whether it would be available for mediation.

(back in 2003 baby sitting services were available at the court house for child support hearings. But then again, that was different as one was held at the court house, the other at an entirely different location)

Normally renters do not have to let the landlord into the apartment without their approval and at least advanced warning.

:confused: As in one day only or?

Earlier, Nursie posted a map with "Elite Kids Learning Academy" marked on it - as the preschool they reportedly attended.

Going to the website, it's a huge bunch of mumbo jumbo (my opinion only) about academics for babies, educational programs for babies, curriculum for one year olds, but I couldn't find a schedule or hours of operation.

So who knows.

I don't think the divorce is final yet. But yes, he was ordered to pay child support a while back anyway per the court documents.

I don't know where Julia's income comes from. It's baffling.

I was just trying to get into her head...lol

Seriously though, in this day and age, it is difficult or near impossible to survive on one income, whether the couple is together or not. Assuming he pays child support, and unless he makes the big bucks, she would still need additional income for expenses (hers).

Usually the court will grant a rehabilitative spousal support, for a set period of time, in order to allow the wife time to get a further education and to start a career. As we all are aware, the economy is such that finding a job would be difficult, even with financial assistance to cover day care. (Which begs the question - since she at one time had a day care - what did she do with the time?)

Just as a general observation, the economy (financial situation) of a person can effect their behavior and in this particular case, I was pondering whether she had "entitlement issues" in regards to her spouse's income, whether she felt "controlled" by a fixed budget, whether there was some resentment factoring into her thought processes, and whether any of the above affected her relationship with her children or Sky in particular.

Just random thoughts while we wait for more news. :twocents:

Refresh my "old" brain please, weren't the children in daycare at one point?

The only thing I recall reading is they were in daycare at some point but haven't been seen in weeks/month's at the daycare. I did not see any specific dates given.

Is the 12 hour mediation all in the same day? If so why would it be so long. I hope people are coming forward with information.

I agree, it's baffling.

I would also guess that the mediators had some kind of child care resources - it seems they would even have nursery services on site. In cases where those facilities are used as a neutral drop off place for parents who don't have the maturity to even be able to tolerate each other's presence, they function as a drop in nursery.

Her thinking is just so baffling. That she would leave these kids alone for SO LONG (although, to be fair, I'm sure she didn't expect it to go on for 11 hours), and then later pretend her car ran out of gas when it didn't.

Inexplicable thought processes.

There was a post several threads back that there is no childcare or facilities for children available during mediation. I know here in CA many (all?) courthouses provide daycare services for parents needing any services at the government center.

Isn't the father considered a victim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member