WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is true that she left the children alone even one time, it seems to me that LE would have grounds to go ahead and arrest her on child neglect and child endangerment charges so I think that's what they need to do. Maybe spending a few days in jail might make her crack.

~jmo~

Maybe LE will do just that at a certain point in their investigation. I would imagine that she will be charged with child neglect at the very least. Perhaps LE is waiting to get their paperwork in order to see what else will be included. Spending a few days in jail for child neglect might also work against LE as the consequences for child neglect would not be as severe as the consequences of a murder, for example. I'm sure she would know that and her cooperation, for what it's worth, would not be so forthcoming if they locked her up for a lesser infraction.

IMO

**Is this new info??? It came from Nancy Grace's facebook and I know she is usually behind on her info but I havent been able to read up about little Sky the past couple of days so Im not aware of this news**

Missing 2-yr-old boy Sky: ransom note surfaces! Cops reportedly investigating a ransom note demanding $25K that was sent to missing boy’s family claiming the tot is alive!

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

EDIT: I just now refreshed Nancy's FB page and this story disappeared....... maybe its just my FB acting weird.

Still catching up this AM but I did read they determined it wasn't his shoe found and test drove the car. I had a gut feeling it wasn't. I have a feeling she parked the car in that area to lead them away from where he really is. A diversion. Hes closer to home in my opinion.

**Is this new info??? It came from Nancy Grace's facebook and I know she is usually behind on her info but I havent been able to read up about little Sky the past couple of days so Im not aware of this news**

Missing 2-yr-old boy Sky: ransom note surfaces! Cops reportedly investigating a ransom note demanding $25K that was sent to missing boy’s family claiming the tot is alive!

If this is true, and NG actually had it first, I will faint.

Posted: 5:38 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 10, 2011
'Ransom' email sent to Sky Metalwala's family looks like email sent to missing hiker's family

BELLEVUE — KIRO 7 has uncovered what appears to be a scam email sent to the family of Sky Metalwala claiming that the boy is alive and demanding a ransom.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/ransom-email-sent-sky-metalwalas-family-looks-emai/nFbLB/

My gut feeling is its a hoax or another diversion. Who ransoms 25K? A petty drug addict?

OK fellow sleuthers . . . . speaking of court records . . . . I have included a link to the Wash State Court repository. Go to name search . . . enter Dad last name and his first name initial.

I have not had time to research each and every case (and it appears that there was a name change in 2006 but I am not sure it is the same person). Scroll down the to the King Co Sup Ct #10-304039-4 . . . .this one actually mentions JB's name in a declaration so I know this pertains to this specific person. Interesting how the recordings of the child exchanges timeline corresponds to the timeline filings were happening in the parenting plans and pretrial hearings.

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/

I imagine it has been mentioned somewhere in these threads already, but didn't anyone at mediation (such as the father) ask who was taking care of the kids at that time? I would think especially if it ran long they would ask whether they needed to be picked up at a certain time or if the babysitter should be called about the change of schedule.

But maybe I'm getting ahead of things--do we even know for sure at this point that they were left alone that day?

Wouldn't they break for lunch? Agree. Did anyone mention or see her calling the "babysitter"?

You're probably right. however, how many different avenues did this woman have for daycare? She attended church - she could have asked a church member about daycare or babysitting. My county has emergency day/respite care for single parents. It can not be used on a daily basis, but can be used twice a month. She lives in a luxury apartment building with who knows how many amenities. Places like this have clubhouse type activities - some including activities for kids, indoor pools, gyms and the like. She could have asked other parents in the building for idea's and who they might recommend for a baby sitter.

There is not a fat chance in hades this woman had zero opportunity to find a babysitter for her children.

IIRC, with CS, in some states, if both parents are working each are court ordered to be responsible for half the day care costs. In this case, that would not be applicable as Julia was not working. However, it still does not excuse her for not finding a baby sitter.

She could have shown up with both kids in tow claiming she did not have a sitter and requested mediation be rescheduled, she did not.

jmo

Yep, I agree completely, it's a real headshaker. Just clarifying that it's unlikely anything was provided for these proceedings.

Since she was a stay at home mom, the cost of intermittent child care would have fallen on her (I've had far too much experience with the local child support situation here). But the calculations of child and spousal support would have been covered with that. If there was pre-school, as we know at one point there was, likely a big percentage of that would have fallen on the father (As long as it went into the original support order). Unless her spousal support was ridiculously high, it would have been no less than half, and probably closer to 76%. Hard to say without seeing the court docs, and most financial matters are kept under seal in King Co.

If the "ransom demand" is shown to be a hoax today and NG still uses it as her "bombshell", the world will make sense again...JMO

'Ransom' email sent to Sky Metalwala's family looks like email sent to missing hiker's family

BELLEVUE — KIRO 7 has uncovered what appears to be a scam email sent to the family of Sky Metalwala claiming that the boy is alive and demanding a ransom.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/ransom-email-sent-sky-metalwalas-family-looks-emai/nFbLB/

I guess Nancy realized it was a scam email she deleted the story from her FB page now. Poor baby boy... I was hoping it *may* have been true and there was a chance he was still alive..... *sigh*

From the email: The email says Sky is alive, but suffering from "shock and mentally unstable." The writer then demands $25,000, "if you sure want your child back alive."

Mentally unstable? A 2 year old? Obviously a scam and the author should certainly be arrested. Shame on that person for doing this to the families, and kudos to the person who found this on facebook and alerted the authorities.

Unbelievable. :furious:

If the baby has not been seen since the 21 wouldnt that mean he has missed visitation with his father? Why did father not speak out sooner? Just coming into this case have not followed it closely at all.

My gut feeling is its a hoax or another diversion. Who ransoms 25K? A petty drug addict?

There is a woman who has been missing for over a year locally, I can't remember who she is this second. Her son has been getting similar ransom demands via email. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the same thing.

ETA: Here's a link, it's Patti Krieger.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/133305508.html

The first installment requested initially was $25,000 but they were asking a total of $250K. Scammers, no doubt.

It IS a hoax. I read the note itself. Looks like english and or sanity are not their first language.

If the baby has not been seen since the 21 wouldnt that mean he has missed visitation with his father? Why did father not speak out sooner? Just coming into this case have not followed it closely at all.

He hasn't been allowed visitation with his father since December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member