WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand... why not REALLY run your car out of gas??

I think she wanted to control where the car stopped and didn't know how much gas was actually left in the tank (unlike me, as I've run out of gas a few times and know just how many miles I can go once the light comes on... :innocent:). It would be harder to say someone snatched Sky out of the car if she happened to run out of gas right near a gas station, or at a busy intersection. And it would be harder to walk to a gas station from the middle of nowhere.

So the spot she chose was just far enough away from a gas station, yet close enough that she wouldn't be walking 5 miles. JMHO

Over 300 tips.

Not Sky's shoe. Wrong size. No scent recognized.

I was looking through the posts & I don't think I saw if the mom was taking any kind of meds for her OCD. If she really had it & she had it that bad, she needed some. I too have OCD & so do quite a few of my family members, though I have to admit none of us have the cleaning obsession. I can see that if you were that obsessed with your house, your kids would not be very well looked after. From my own personal & family experiences with OCD, we have been hyper-vigilant parents & caretakers because our OCD has taken the form of trying to prevent harm, so therefore we are overprotective, but I can imagine there are all sorts of different forms that OCD takes.
This could possibly be a case of harm coming to Sky through neglect. And if she cleaned constantly then there may have been a lot of toxic cleaning products within easy reach of a child. Not to mention if she was taking medication, he could have gotten into that. The mom sounds like she could potentially have a case of Post Partum Depression, considering her weird dreams of killing the kids. She could have caused bodily harm to Sky herself.
Unfortunately I feel as many on this thread feel, that there is a huge chance that Sky is no longer with us. I feel that he was never in the car at all that day and the auto breakdown was just a coverup. My other thought was that he really did get sick somehow through her neglect and died on the way to the hospital, if in fact she was ever actually headed to a hospital. She could have disposed of him along the way, except it would have been difficult to hide that fact from the daughter. Another thought is that or he was in the car & she had arranged for someone to take him, which would be a better scenario since he could hopefully still be alive and cared for by someone.

I too thought about possibly ingesting or being overcome by the fumes of cleaning products. Especially since children parrot their parents activities so much. It's possible while mommy was out they were playing clean up like mommy does. Even if she chose products carefully, it is possible any combination of them could produce fatal fumes.

Also, my son got past just about every child proof lock there was when he was a toddler. I had to go through trial and error with several different brands to find something that he couldn't get past.

SAR dogs have tested for both live and cadaver scents. No hits. At this point its remaining an MP case.

I too thought about possibly ingesting or being overcome by the fumes of cleaning products. Especially since children parrot their parents activities so much. It's possible while mommy was out they were playing clean up like mommy does. Even if she chose products carefully, it is possible any combination of them could produce fatal fumes.

Also, my son got past just about every child proof lock there was when he was a toddler. I had to go through trial and error with several different brands to find something that he couldn't get past.

bbm

The other day, DD (4) opened up a childproof top on DH's cough syrup. The bottle was empty when we found it. Luckily, all she did was mix it with water and pretend to 'cook'. But it scared the dickens out of us.

I wonder if either of those kids could open childproof caps also?

Presser . . . "you are asking about when Julia goes from being a person of interest to a suspect in this case and I will let you know when that happens."We are hoping she will come forward and be cooperative in this case. . . . we try to present the facts and if that casts a bad light on Julia . . .

Additional things on our agenda and you will find out in the next couple of days searches, etc. . . . depends on how we are proceeding including leaving a child alone in a car. . . . .
In order to make an arrest, to identify probable cause, etc we have to have credible evidence in the case and right now we don't . . . . see you at 3:30

We've had a number of tips—it was over 330 calls, tips, emails that have been followed up on. No stone has been left unturned. We appreciate those.

The test drive of Julia's video. It operated just fine, got data, took notes, and secured vehicle until further notice.

I extended an invitation to Julia publicly on camera and followed up yesterday afternoon and we've not received any comment from them that they'd come back to talk to use.

We don't believe it was Sky's shoe. It wasn't the right size. Dogs didn't indicated anything, however we captured it and will keep it as evidence just in case.

Tips are everything, from psychics, to people wanting to help, to sighting of Julia, the car, and Sky. We have the resources to follow up on those things and we are doing it.

At this point today we have over 150 local, county, federal and state authorities working on the investigation.
The FBI has offered their expert resources and we're taking advantage of it.

Test drive: the only gas we used in the vehicle was the gas that was in it to begin with. No specifics, but we did it and it ran.

The SAR teams search for live scent and cadaver scent and we haven't had any indications of either, so it's a live person investigation.

I'm not aware of any calls from the family to talk to us about the shoe.
Solomon took the second polygraph yesterday. I have results, I'm not going to talk about the results, but you can contact him.

Q:We now know she at least left him in the car? The charges Julia will face about leaving the child in the car will be settled after the missing person investigation is settled.

Don't know answers to DNA questions, how many people, etc?
We will continue to do what we are doing, asking for help from Julia.
At what point does Julia become a person of interest or suspect? I don't know but I'll let you know when that transition happens.
We've asked for cooperation voluntarily and we're hoping she will give us that. Her attorney has been accessible throughout by phone.

Ransom is absolutely not true from our standpoint. If our investigators don't have it we'd like to.

We've tried to present the facts as we know them and if that casts suspicion on Julia, it's the facts speaking, not us.

Julia's not a suspect at this point, no.
Q: What more can you do? There's more on our agenda for the next couple of days, in the works, for additional searching. We don't want to jeopardize the investigation so you'll hear about that later.

We'll proceed with the original incident of leaving a child in the car when we have a conclusion.

Q:There should come a time when you should make an arrest warrant for Julia and it seems to us that that time is soon?
A: We need probable cause and evidence for that to happen and we don't have it at this point.

Big thanks to ingra for the transcription notes of the presser! (you did an awesome job!)

bbm

The other day, DD (4) opened up a childproof top on DH's cough syrup. The bottle was empty when we found it. Luckily, all she did was mix it with water and pretend to 'cook'. But it scared the dickens out of us.

I was thinking along these lines, also. If M thought that the way you sedate or calm a child down was to use medication because she'd seen her mom do it, I can certainly see her doing it herself (giving meds to Sky) over an 11 hour period. If she had access to it.

I opened my bottle of Phenobarbital when I was almost 3... my Mom couldn't even open it, she had to have my Dad do it. I opened it and took my medicine... helpful child I was. Then, after my week long coma.... they gave me a glass bottle to drink from, which I threw at the wall while screaming d@mn!t!

Now, with that out of the way....

What did he say he hoped Julia would be cooperative on?

He made it clear she HAS been very cooperative and easily accessible... said he hoped that she would continue to be cooperative... on something specific that I didn't catch.

bbm

I opened my bottle of Phenobarbital when I was almost 3... my Mom couldn't even open it, she had to have my Dad do it. I opened it and took my medicine... helpful child I was. Then, after my week long coma.... they gave me a glass bottle to drink from, which I threw at the wall while screaming d@mn!t!

He made it clear she HAS been very cooperative and easily accessible... said he hoped that she would continue to be cooperative... on something specific that I didn't catch.

Wow! I'm glad you survived. Scary.
They want Julia to talk to them again. They asked her to yesterday but they haven't had a response.

bbm

That's scary. I had a similar experience: at about 2 1/2, I managed to open a bottle a baby aspirin and ate it all. Oh it tasted so good... Luckily my dad found me slouched on the floor and rushed me to the ER, where I had my stomach pumped.

It happens, unfortunately... :(

this is my thoughts on leaving a two and four year old home unattended for 12 hours of mediation: they had to have been somehow locked in or otherwise prevented from getting out.

moo
mooo
mooooo

I didn't watch this latest presser, but I really like these LE folks. They seem to be on the ball and giving just enough but no too much info. Very practical, IMO.

I was thinking along these lines, also. If M thought that the way you sedate or calm a child down was to use medication because she'd seen her mom do it, I can certainly see her doing it herself (giving meds to Sky) over an 11 hour period. If she had access to it.

Or was instructed! :pullhair:

I am not sure about the idea of Sky having ingested something, unless it was a piece of a toy or something...she does not sound likely to have left food or other concoctions about, even while she was gone, if her obsessions were as severe as indicated...

In one of her flickr photos hes sitting on the floor next to a HUGE bottle of Tide. It was in a plastic shopping bag. I think although compelled to clean, she was not thinking about safety.

I just had a random neuron fire . . . .
1) We saw pics of the 4 y/o's first trip to the Doctor (homeopathic)
2) she was going to take Sky to the "hospital" because he was sick (?)
3) on audio recordings of the child exchanges JB continually says her daughter is going to get "sick" (among many other inappropriate discussion of adult issues to amp up her child's trauma each time the child began to settle) . . .
4) pics of Sky's sister have her wearing a tee shirt saying "organic child".
5) if OCD is truly an issue for this mom (ie: no food in home, incessant cleaning, daughter getting sick - although I have not seen confirmation of this just heard rumors) why would she wait until her son needed to go to the hospital to seek medical attention . . . only to run out of gas on the way and leave this most vulnerable child alone in a car (when she already got in trouble for leaving a child unattended in a car).

The more I hear about this Mom, the more concerned I become for Sky. Did she never "bond" with this little boy? Was he just a tool to get back at her husband? Does she have no compassion or concern for the welfare of her son? Wow . . . just wow!

bbm

That's scary. I had a similar experience: at about 2 1/2, I managed to open a bottle a baby aspirin and ate it all. Oh it tasted so good... Luckily my dad found me slouched on the floor and rushed me to the ER, where I had my stomach pumped.

It happens, unfortunately... :(

I'd climbed up onto the kitchen cabinets and helped myself to extra vitamins (they were colorful, like candy mints)...never got caught and no problems, but I''m sure my kidneys were working overtime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member