WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips are everything, from psychics, to people wanting to help, to sighting of Julia, the car, and Sky. We have the resources to follow up on those things and we are doing it.

The SAR teams search for live scent and cadaver scent and we haven't had any indications of either, so it's a live person investigation.

Thank you ingra! Your transcriptions are very much appreciated! :blowkiss: Respectfully snipped.

I don't like that he mentioned psychics being helpful. I hope that was just something he used to emphasize ALL tips, despite how insignificant they may seem, are welcome.

With regards to the statement on the SAR dogs for both live scent and cadaver scent. thoughts? Where are our SAR experts? Could this mean either the child has been missing since long before the 12 hour mediation session? Or that she cleaned so well and so often the dogs could not track any scent belonging to the child either in the apartment or car? Or was this just a diversionary comment to keep the focus of the investigation on a live child which would likely bring in far more tips than asking the public to search for a deceased child?

We've had a number of tips—it was over 330 calls, tips, emails that have been followed up on. No stone has been left unturned. We appreciate those.

The test drive of Julia's video. It operated just fine, got data, took notes, and secured vehicle until further notice.

I extended an invitation to Julia publicly on camera and followed up yesterday afternoon and we've not received any comment from them that they'd come back to talk to use.

We don't believe it was Sky's shoe. It wasn't the right size. Dogs didn't indicated anything, however we captured it and will keep it as evidence just in case.

Tips are everything, from psychics, to people wanting to help, to sighting of Julia, the car, and Sky. We have the resources to follow up on those things and we are doing it.

At this point today we have over 150 local, county, federal and state authorities working on the investigation.
The FBI has offered their expert resources and we're taking advantage of it.

Test drive: the only gas we used in the vehicle was the gas that was in it to begin with. No specifics, but we did it and it ran.

The SAR teams search for live scent and cadaver scent and we haven't had any indications of either, so it's a live person investigation.

I'm not aware of any calls from the family to talk to us about the shoe.
Solomon took the second polygraph yesterday. I have results, I'm not going to talk about the results, but you can contact him.

Q:We now know she at least left him in the car? The charges Julia will face about leaving the child in the car will be settled after the missing person investigation is settled.

Don't know answers to DNA questions, how many people, etc?
We will continue to do what we are doing, asking for help from Julia.
At what point does Julia become a person of interest or suspect? I don't know but I'll let you know when that transition happens.
We've asked for cooperation voluntarily and we're hoping she will give us that. Her attorney has been accessible throughout by phone.

Ransom is absolutely not true from our standpoint. If our investigators don't have it we'd like to.

We've tried to present the facts as we know them and if that casts suspicion on Julia, it's the facts speaking, not us.

Julia's not a suspect at this point, no.
Q: What more can you do? There's more on our agenda for the next couple of days, in the works, for additional searching. We don't want to jeopardize the investigation so you'll hear about that later.

We'll proceed with the original incident of leaving a child in the car when we have a conclusion.

Q:There should come a time when you should make an arrest warrant for Julia and it seems to us that that time is soon?
A: We need probable cause and evidence for that to happen and we don't have it at this point.

Thanks for transcribing and BBM. They said that he WAS in the car?

bbm

That's scary. I had a similar experience: at about 2 1/2, I managed to open a bottle a baby aspirin and ate it all. Oh it tasted so good... Luckily my dad found me slouched on the floor and rushed me to the ER, where I had my stomach pumped.

It happens, unfortunately... :(

I did the exact same thing at age 3! Hauled my little blue and white card table and chairs to the end of the hall . . .climb up the cupboards. . . open the St. Joe's Children's aspirin and ate every last one of those delicious orange goodies. Mom found me later and I proudly showed off what I had done. . . . got rewarded with a stomach pump. (can we say lack of supervision?)

I opened my bottle of Phenobarbital when I was almost 3... my Mom couldn't even open it, she had to have my Dad do it. I opened it and took my medicine... helpful child I was. Then, after my week long coma.... they gave me a glass bottle to drink from, which I threw at the wall while screaming d@mn!t!

Now, with that out of the way....

What did he say he hoped Julia would be cooperative on?

He made it clear she HAS been very cooperative and easily accessible... said he hoped that she would continue to be cooperative... on something specific that I didn't catch.

My parents were addict. When my sister was three she hopped up on my moms dresser and got a hold of some pills. I was 5. We didnt have a phone. She sent her friend to another house to call poison control...NOT 911...to see if she would die. To call anonymous. She didnt die but slept for three days. I remember laying with her and crying to please wake up. I was five. It as clear to me now at 33 as the day it happened. My mom didnt want to get in trouble for having the substance. She could have died. That haunts me.

Everything I need to know about the mindset of mentally ill/addicts I learned first hand. I am amazed I lived to see adulthood.

Per NWCN interview . . . . clip of SM saying Mom kept saying she wanted to kill herself . . . so much so that the 4 daughter began saying the same phrase.

I was thinking along these lines, also. If M thought that the way you sedate or calm a child down was to use medication because she'd seen her mom do it, I can certainly see her doing it herself (giving meds to Sky) over an 11 hour period. If she had access to it.

That's an awfully scary thought.

I too remember sneaking both chewable vitamins and the orange flavored baby aspirin and eating it without my parents knowledge. Never enough to get sick though. I did so when I could easily reach the medicine cabinet above the bathroom sink. Of course I'm also guilty of deliberately breaking the old style thermometer and playing with the tiny balls of mercury in the kitchen sink as well. Oh the things we did as kids....

Even disposable lighters aren't child proof, though they are supposed to be by law.

From transcript...Not IF, but WHEN

At what point does Julia become a person of interest or suspect? I don't know but I'll let you know when that transition happens.

Per NWCN interview . . . . clip of SM saying Mom kept saying she wanted to kill herself . . . so much so that the 4 daughter began saying the same phrase.

I wonder how old she was when she began repeating this and if that is the reason mom pulled them from daycare and started living a more reclusive life. Once they reach talking age children repeat a lot of what they hear in the home.

I did the exact same thing at age 3! Hauled my little blue and white card table and chairs to the end of the hall . . .climb up the cupboards. . . open the St. Joe's Children's aspirin and ate every last one of those delicious orange goodies. Mom found me later and I proudly showed off what I had done. . . . got rewarded with a stomach pump. (can we say lack of supervision?)

I drank the liquid starch mom kept in frig....thought it was H2O.:innocent: I was never taken to the hopital for a stomach pump, but given warm salt water....and it DOES the job.

bbm

That's scary. I had a similar experience: at about 2 1/2, I managed to open a bottle a baby aspirin and ate it all. Oh it tasted so good... Luckily my dad found me slouched on the floor and rushed me to the ER, where I had my stomach pumped.

(O/T - DGS took some claritan that had fallen from the shelf we kept it on - called poison control, they said watch him - he may get drowsy - Heck No! - didn't miss a step!)

Methinks (MOO) that the reason they are 'pussy-footin' around Mom is because she is obviously not 'playing with a full deck'. Dealing with people who have a different 'sense of reality' (as she appears to) can be very touchy. (I'm not a Dr. but I have seen them on TV :floorlaugh:)

I have dealt with people (myself included :innocent:) with different forms of mental illness. She is probably being treated delicately so she doesn't lose it and not be able to provide ANY information.

I guess my point is this - we are trying to figure out why she does this or that - doesn't compute because she doesn't seem to think 'normally'.

Just my $.02.

I'm not taking that as confirmation he was in the car. Just confirmation mom admitted to leaving him in the car alone.....

jmo

bbm

Remember when x-lax came in bars of chocolate. Yep, that was my stomach pumping experience.

That's an awfully scary thought.

I too remember sneaking both chewable vitamins and the orange flavored baby aspirin and eating it without my parents knowledge. Never enough to get sick though. I did so when I could easily reach the medicine cabinet above the bathroom sink. Of course I'm also guilty of deliberately breaking the old style thermometer and playing with the tiny balls of mercury in the kitchen sink as well. Oh the things we did as kids....

Even disposable lighters aren't child proof, though they are supposed to be by law.

BBM: OMG Cubby!!!! Agggh! You need a whippin'!

This was in response to several reporters who continued to ask why Julia wasn't a suspect or being forced to talk and couldn't they arrest her on charges of endangerment. So, imo, he was saying (the least of what will happen to her, imo) she could face charges of leaving Sky in the car (because that's what she admitted to) when the missing person case is resolved.

bbm

Me too Beli, my mom found me very quickly with the empty bottle and down my throat her finger went, it all came up and many hadn't even disolved yet. I knew I was doing something wrong because I hid in the closet to do it...they tasted so good. LOL I still remember that and the fear in her eyes. I guess anything is possible for Sky but he doesn't look very happy in so many of the pictures.

I wish there was a possibility that Dad could have been following them and maybe is involved if that means Sky is alive. Bless his little heart.
I'm so afraid he's no longer with us.

BBM: OMG Cubby!!!! Agggh! You need a whippin'!

I even made sure to use the drain plug in the kitchen sink so those little tiny balls of mercury wouldn't go down the drain. :floorlaugh:

Gosh, my son loves making science projects all over the house. Thank GOD he isn't interested in doing so with cleaning products. Right now it is salt, sugar, flour, mostly food and paper products along with leaves, dirt and other things he finds outside. Though he does want to do the kids science experiments making the volcano with baking powder. Exploding pop cans..... Getting filthy playing whenever he can.

Boys are so different than girls, I do wonder about the possibility JB was more of a girly girl and just couldn't bond with a male child. I do get a little bit of that impression from the photo's on flickr.

i remember my brother and i playing pharmasist (sp) when younger. we use to mix all the drugs together that were in the medicine cabinet and dare each other to taste it. my brother and i had a lot of allergies and all our allergy medicine was there.

Cubby, aren't those little balls of mercury amazing? !!!!

We used to get vials of mercury from the Dentist to play with . . . . shined up a whole bunch of dimes with it . . . played with it on a plate . . . never thinking we needed to wash our hands afterwards . . . i mean it really cleaned dimes well . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966