Found Deceased WA - Steve Annis, 40, Spokane, 9 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

CastlesBurning

Reaction score
‘He’s a giant teddy bear’ – friends, family of missing Spokane man desperate for answers
61edf63604c5a.image.jpg

SPOKANE, Wash. – Family and friends of a man missing approximately two weeks are fearing the worst.

Steve Annis, 40, didn’t show up for a work shift on Jan. 9, according to loved ones. The say this behavior is highly unusual, adding that no one has seen or heard from Annis since Jan. 8.

“This is not in his character,” friend Jason Branch said. “He doesn’t do this. He doesn’t not show up. He’s always called one of us. He’s always communicating with one of us.”

Branch added that he, and other friends, have left voicemails and other messages for Annis that have not been returned. He says he last say his friend on Jan. 4 when the two went out grocery shopping. He said nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Annis’s niece, Hannah, echoed Branch, saying the whole thing is extremely worrisome.

“He’s a giant teddy bear,” she said. “I don’t know where he could be. I have no idea.”

Loved ones combed through the neighborhood and beyond where Annis lives along Boone, but the efforts turned up nothing helpful.

A friend created a web page dedicated to Annis’ case. It states that Annis has medical issues that only add to the urgency in his disappearance.

Loved ones did report Steve Annis missing to Spokane Police, and say they have spoken with officers. If you know anything at all or saw something that could be helpful in finding answers about what happened to Annis, please call Crime Check at 509.456.2233 and reference case number 2022-20004759.

Steven Annis, 40, was reported missing between Jan. 8 and the early morning hours of Jan. 9, 2022, when he failed to show up for work. People close to Annis thought this to be out of character, as he is known to never miss work.

Annis does not drive and typically uses the Spokane city bus for transportation. He lives with his uncle in West Central Spokane. According to sources, the only items Annis could possibly have with him are his wallet and phone. His winter coat was left at home.
West Central Spokane man reported missing by SPD | krem.com

The web page created by a friend is fantastic work, but I wonder if a social media page such as "Help Find Steve Annis" would also be beneficial? People posting pictures, sharing the page and talking about him is likely to incite more interest in the public sector.

Do the city buses have video? If so, has LE reviewed footage to see if he got on a bus? Did he have some sort of pass that shows usage?

Steven Annis, 40, was reported missing between Jan. 8 and the early morning hours of Jan. 9, 2022, when he failed to show up for work. People close to Annis thought this to be out of character, as he is known to never miss work.

Annis does not drive and typically uses the Spokane city bus for transportation. He lives with his uncle in West Central Spokane. According to sources, the only items Annis could possibly have with him are his wallet and phone. His winter coat was left at home.
West Central Spokane man reported missing by SPD | krem.com

The web page created by a friend is fantastic work, but I wonder if a social media page such as "Help Find Steve Annis" would also be beneficial? People posting pictures, sharing the page and talking about him is likely to incite more interest in the public sector.

Do the city buses have video? If so, has LE reviewed footage to see if he got on a bus? Did he have some sort of pass that shows usage?
His body was found last night 3/8/22. :(

I heard about that body found in the river. A kayaker spotted it. How sad. I run that river every weekend. It’s hard to believe something so beautiful that gives life also takes it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inthesun123
Back