WA WA - Teekah Lewis, 2, Tacoma, 23 Jan 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the years since the kidnapping of babies/children from hospitals, schools and other public places, there have been numerous changes made. Cameras and procedures have been implemented to prevent this crime from happening again and they are updated as new crimes are committed. Though it does happen occasionally, it is usually videoed and almost immediately LE is found to be going through both public and private camera footage to help them investigate the crime. In most times an arrest is made soon after.

Just learned of this case from a Nancy Grace Mysteries show that was on a couple of days ago. My opinion won't be popular here, but I feel I have to say it. I got the distinct impression that the mother was nowhere near where the child was playing and could only spot here from a distance where the toddler was playing in the arcade. In a busy bowling alley, that was just asking for trouble! I wouldn't have had her more than an arm's length away from me, even if it meant staying in the arcade with her, or taking her over to the lanes where her son was bowling. By giving preferential attention to the son who was bowling, she let this little girl be prey. I totally think it was a crime of opportunity and that someone abducted her out the side door, which was only mere feet away from the arcade. I also think it's highly unlikely that she's still alive... So much for the mother claiming the little girl was a "mama's girl" who wouldn't go with strangers. I think she's in denial and trying to justify her behavior. JMO.:truce:

I just listened to a podcast about this case, which I really was not all that familiar with.

My heart goes out to to mother, but I tend to maybe agree with the statement above; I think it is possible that she took her eyes of Teekah for a little bit longer than what she said. Regardless, the fact that the little girl vanished from a busy bowling alley and nobody saw anything (there was a little boy apparently who said he saw two guys approach her) is crazy.

I hate to say this, but my thought it she was probably killed shortly after she was abducted. I think this was just a crime of opportunity done by some sicko who lept at the chance to take her. I just don't think someone wanting to kidnap a small child to keep as his or her own would launch that plan in a bowling alley at 10pm on a Saturday night.

I have such a nagging feeling that she's alive. I really, really do. I visit her mother's FB page often and that faith resonates in me.

Shouldn't there be laws requiring all public facilities, ranging from hospitals to bowling alleys, to have working video cameras at all time? Carlina White, Kamiyah Mobley, and Teekah were all kidnapped from PUBLIC places that had non-working cameras. The first two were abducted from frickin HOSPITALS. These places need to stop cutting corners and PROTECT their communities!

I believe that Teekah is alive, and the miracle with Kamiyah this week has just manifested that for me. May she be returned to her loving mother's arms in God's name.

2016:

"There was a witness that came forward two days later and said they saw a car speeding out of the parking lot about the same time Theresa reported Teekah was missing,” said [Detective Lindsey] Wade.

Wade said the car reported was a dark colored Pontiac Grand Dam.

A similar car description was reported for a separate child luring incident that allegedly happened the same day near the bowling alley
"Given the close proximity to the bowling alley, the fact that it was the same day, I think it's highly likely that it's the same individual,” said Wade.

But even today there is no suspect description - and that leaves police and family frustrated.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...nce-teekah-lewis-disappeared-tacoma/79144160/

It has been 18 years but it is very possible that Teekah is alive. It is very possible that even though she was two years old at the time, that someone may have raised her as their own child. It is VERY possible. May she be found alive and reunited with her family soon :heartbeat:

Happy belated birthday Teekah. She turned 21 yesterday.

I think about her all of the time. Growing up in New York, I never heard about this until 2012 while browsing the internet. But I've thought about her heavily, ever since. Lord have mercy. I really wish they would solve this one.

We went bowling today with my two teens and my 2 year old.
I refused to go without a second adult. I have never liked bowling alleys. The place was literally empty. We were the only people there most of the time.5 other people were there at the peak. However, as my 2 year old played in the arcade area.... I just kept seeing Teekah. I was hyper alert the whole time.

I have never forgotten Teekah (or Jamie Bulger or Adam Walsh... I don't like malls or department stores either!) It's so weird the cases that really stick with you. Even if it's one you didn't sleuth actively on. Certain things just stick in our heads. For me... Teekah is one of them.

Sweet Teekah Lewis every year I watch her grieving family go to the spot of her disappearance. Every year my heart is broken all over again. :sigh:

Vigil marks 19-year anniversary since toddler's disappearance

<snip>

Each year on the anniversary of Teekah's disappearance, Lewis holds a vigil at the site of the former bowling alley where her daughter was last seen.
"I have to get the word out there. I have to let people know we're not going to forget about her," said Lewis. "She's out there somewhere and she needs to be found regardless if it's bad news or good news."
Her vigil will begin 7pm tonight Tuesday Jan 23rd 2018. :cry:
http://komonews.com/news/local/vigil-marks-19-year-anniversary-since-kidnapping

Mother hosts vigil marking 19 years since disappearance of Teekah Lewis

<snip>
Dozens joined Lewis to mark the day 19 years ago when her toddler went missing while the family was at a Tacoma bowling alley. Police believe Teekah was kidnapped, but the case has gone unsolved.

“If we have to come out here every year, I'll be right here,” Lewis said. “Because somebody knows something."
http://komonews.com/news/local/moth...-19-years-since-disappearance-of-teekah-lewis

These Washington children are still missing
Two major announcements on long, unsolved cases involving young children in Western Washington puts the spotlight back on a series of cold cases with either no suspect or trace of the victim.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/these-washington-children-are-still-missing/281-551103228

Fourteen-year-old Misty Copsey vanished from the Puyallup Fair more than 25 years ago. No remains, no suspects. Just like Tacoma's Lenoria Jones in 1995 or toddler Teekah Lewis, who was last seen at the New Frontier Lanes in Tacoma in 1999.

Teekah Lewis disappeared in Tacoma 18 years ago Monday

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...d-in-tacoma-18-years-ago-monday/281-391279823

Monday marks the 18th anniversary of the disappearance a 2-year-old girl from a Tacoma bowling alley.

Teekah Lewis disappeared at about 10:30 p.m. on Jan. 23, 1999 from the New Frontier Lanes bowling alley. She would now be 20.

Happy 22nd birthday Teekah!

July 4,2018
Since 1999 I have never given up hope to find justice for the kidnapping of sweet Teekah. We can pray genealogy will bring our beautiful Teekah home to her loving family.

Teekah's mother Theresa Lewis said Tacoma police told her to get her DNA into the genealogy ancestry websites. It is with the possibility Teekah was adopted, doesn't know her real identity and goes looking for relatives.

"So if Teekah ever wants to know who her family is we will 'bing,'" said Lewis.

Mother of Teekah Lewis hopes advances in genealogical tracking will help find her daughter

The mother of another missing Tacoma child, Teekah Lewis, was at the Linnik home Friday to support the dead child's family.

Teekah was 2 when she disappeared from Frontier Bowling Lanes in Tacoma about 10:30 p.m. on Jan. 23, 1999. The girl's mother, Theresa Lewis, told police she saw her daughter standing near the lanes' video games. When she looked back, Teekah was gone.

Despite a massive media campaign, a 24-hour tip line and extensive interviews with people who were at the lanes that night, no suspect has emerged.

In 2001, Theresa Lewis was asked to provide a DNA sample to match against the body of an unidentified dead child found in Kansas City, Mo. The child was not Teekah.

In April 2006, Lewis was notified by a private investigator that he had found a girl he believed to be Teekah living with a woman in Dallas. The investigator, who was hired by the Lewis family more than a year earlier, sent her photos of the girl, she said.

But DNA testing proved the girl was not Teekah.

For a woman who has never stopped hoping, and who replays her last morning with her daughter in her head constantly, the announcement Friday was sobering.

There had been other false alarms, but this time Lewis braced herself for the worst.

"It's never been this close. And now it's here," she said.

Thinking about her next step — how she'll prepare mentally for the possibility that her daughter is dead, how she'll tell Teekah's siblings — Lewis started weeping.

"I don't know, I don't even know," she said, speaking from her mother's home, where a banner hanging outside said "MISSING" and a sign on a van issued this appeal: "Have you seen Teekah?"

Lewis doesn't want to imagine that this might be the end she most dreaded, but added that the anguish is mixed with some relief.

"It would be a lot easier if I had closure," she said.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003788871_linnikside14m.html

Brought this forward from 2007 as it is a good review of the case. The night Teekah went missing was a Saturday night.

Most bowling alleys back then were like mad houses - bustling with bowlers, some on teams in a league, and families were there to bowl too. In house, there was usually a bar, a lounge, and a place to grab some hot food. There were vending machines for snacks as well as pool tables and even an arcade for the children, as well as adults, to play games. It was a place to hang out on a Saturday night, whether or not you actually bowled.

I guess there were a lot of opportunities back then to take children but who would have thought it would have happened there with the only possible witness being a child? I wonder if LE was able to track down the automobile seen leaving at a fast rate of speed?

Is there no scetch of the suspect, if he was the same man that assaulted other kids in a simular manner and place there should be enough people that saw him, afterall they knew he had brown hair and was caucasian. Were there no security camaeras around that caught him? or footage of that car he rode?II wonder how many peopla that drive that model in Tacoma? It seems like the police didnt get far since.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beffers101
Back