GUILTY WA - Travis Padgett for raping 3 teen girls, Yakima, 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyway, it seems this 'mother' who was in the pics has had a long-term association with Padgett, is a current or ex-partner, and thus has exposed her child to a chronic pedophile and meth addict, never mind repeated bouts of violence, for all that time... not to mention leaving her child with someone and not returning for days on end.

I just get such a sick feeling about the little girl. :(

I hope the other child/children involved are getting all the help they need right now.

Just catching up with news on this case -- Oct 26 -- CONVICTED!

YAKIMA, WA. -- It took a jury less than a day to find Travis Padgett guilty of third degree rape and giving drugs to a minor Friday.

Padget looks to be behind bars for a long time. It didn't take the jury long, just one day to find him guilty on thirteen different charges including Third Degree Rape of a minor and giving drugs to a minor.

http://www.nbcrightnow.com/story/23...-padgett-convicted-of-raping-and-doping-minor

http://www.nbcrightnow.com/category/189473/video-center?clipId=9456472&autostart=true

Dec 17 2013, Padgett wants a new trial & new attorney too:

Travis Lee Padgett asked a Yakima County Superior Court judge on Friday for a new trial. He alleges in court documents that one of his witnesses was not included in trial testimony, and that his attorney allowed hearsay and photos that should not have been presented to jurors. Padgett also said his attorney failed to address concerns he had with one juror.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/la...convicted-child-rapist-wants-new-trial-lawyer

Slimy git. Wonder what the photos were.

Padgett Found Guilty in Rape Case

Published Friday, October 25th, 2013

Travis Padgett

Travis Padgett breathed a sigh of disappointment after a judge reads his verdict.
He now faces an undetermined amount of time in prison for raping three minors.
Dianne sat in the courtroom as the verdict was read -- she knows one of the victims, but requested we not show her face on camera for that individuals protection.

"These children deserved it," said Dianne, "They deserved justice and he got it today."

The jury found padgett guilty of 13 of the 14 crimes he was accused of -- those include third degree rape, incest and giving meth to minors.
Padgett was arrested in January after a child reported the activity to a school officer.

When police searched his home, they found a 14 year old girl in his basement.
A third underage victim was named later on.

"[Padgett] took things from the victims, from the families that can never be [taken] Back," said Dianne, "And I don't think he'll ever realize what he's done."

While prosecutors don't have a reccomended sentence time set yet, they do say a major milestone has been cleared; proving Padgett guilty.

"We want to protect children, we want to prevent crimes from occurring," said Deputy Prosecutor Patti Powers, "There's not enough anybody can do in that regard, but everyone involved in this case did everything possible to address those kinds of issues."

"The three children stood up and they were strong, they beat him when no one else could," said Dianne, "They told the truth and they exposed him for the true person he was, I'm very proud of each and every one of them for doing that too."

Padgett will be sentenced next month.

http://www.kvewtv.com/article/2013/oct/25/padgett-found-guilty-rape-case/

Yakima man convicted of child rape wants new trial

By KIMA Staff Published: Dec 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM PST Last Updated: Dec 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM PST

»Play Video Travis Padgett

YAKIMA COUNTY, Wash. -- A Yakima man convicted of child rape wants a new trial.

Travis Padgett petitioned the court claiming his defense team was inadequate.

Padgett was found guilty in October on 13 charges.

The paralegal was arrested after a child reported the rape to a school resource officer. Three kids came forward with allegations against him.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Yakima-man-convicted-of-child-rape-wants-new-trial-235810571.html

What brave children.
I hope they don't have to go through another trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope he's in gen pop and they pass him around from inmate to inmate. Wonder how he likes being raped. They need to gang rape his daily.

I can't believe this wants a new trial.

I need a barf bag just reading about him.

Filly, his title in that question says Chambers of Commerce. I'm new to this thread but that tells me he must be advertising some kind of BDSM. Chamber of Commerce could never be confused with Chambers of Commerce. It's made up. Has to be him soliciting "something" and playing around with his title as a selling point.

He stated "Association of Washington Chambers of Commerce" H'e part of the state Chamber's plural. He's literally asking about the computer and CMOS/battery!

So glad to read the updates that he is convicted. This was a disturbing case on so many levels.

Very glad they are allowing actual EVIDENCE in the trial! If any of us would want due process and a fair trial with the right to appeal then we need to allow this process for him. Innocent until proven guilty, the same we would demand for ourselves. Otherwise, let's just dispense with the punishment now. In order to do that we all will need to give up our right to fair trial though.

I would gladly dispense with the punishment on this man, right now.

1. Tar and feathers.
2. Set on fire.
3. Throw off cliff.

Sometimes due process doesn't quite cut it. IMO.

YAKIMA, Wash. -- A paralegal found guilty on 13 charges of child rape has a new hearing in September. Travis Padgett is asking for a new trial.

Yakima County prosecutors say Padgett was not happy with his attorney and raised several other specific issues. Padgett has a new attorney. He has yet to be sentenced. He was convicted last fall.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/271930071.html?tab=video&c=y

Can anyone please explain to me what might be going on here?

If he was found guilty, how is he getting a new hearing? Why is he yet to be sentenced???

This is freaking me out a bit. I'm really worried he might get away with all these crimes, or a stupidly low sentence. Is he trying to play the legal system? :panic:

I'll be darned if I can figure it out??

I would expect that he would be sentenced and then if a new trial warranted he would be given one? IANAL so this situation really confuses me and there is no news out there about this other than what you linked.

I wish they could just get this guy sentenced and locked away forever and be done with it. Shudder. This one still appalls me.

Reasons for re-trial are
1. Eavesdropping perhaps once again... lawyer/client eavesdropping case as with the Harper case and with Daniel Woolem case constitutional rights violated
2. The past lawyer failed to submit lab tests Padgett requested to prove no drugs, contrary to the statements by two alleged victims at trial and hindered defenses ability to discredit testimony of alleged victims at time of trial
3. A member of the jury was the school vice president of the alleged victims
4. Defendants witnesses were not allowed to testify during trial
5. testimony allowed for alleged victims witness was hearsay
6. Evidence defendant wanted/wants have not been allowed for confidential reasons

and more reasons

Also the childs mom (keep in mind) is a childrens social worker for the state. Travis had full custody during until this incident for like reasons!

Thanks for this info.

How the heck did they let a jury member on the panel that had such a close connection with the victims?

The child's mom was a social worker but she gave flu custody to Travis? Why?

Reasons for re-trial are
1. Eavesdropping perhaps once again... lawyer/client eavesdropping case as with the Harper case and with Daniel Woolem case constitutional rights violated
2. The past lawyer failed to submit lab tests Padgett requested to prove no drugs, contrary to the statements by two alleged victims at trial and hindered defenses ability to discredit testimony of alleged victims at time of trial
6. Evidence defendant wanted/wants have not been allowed for confidential reasons

and more reasons

Also the childs mom (keep in mind) is a childrens social worker for the state. Travis had full custody during until this incident for like reasons!

This is all REALLY alarming!!!!!

Imagine if this sick individual walks free. I can't even think about it...

As for the boy's mother -- all I can say is, I doubt she had no clue what Padgett was like. Social work does not preclude people from being utter scum, sadly. And this woman may be factoring into decisions made for other kids... how worrying is that.

Something's really off with this case, besides the obvious. Nothing I can point to, but my gut says Padgett enjoyed his disgusting child-raping perverted pedo druggie life of freedom for years longer than he should have, thanks to a little help from some friends. I am hoping these friends are not in any position to help him gain freedom any time in the next 25 years...

But something tells me, I am not going to be a happy camper at the end of this saga. :\

Reasons for re-trial are

and more reasons

Thank you for your thoughts on reasons for retrial, do you have a link to the motions or something? You write about the reasoning with such specificity. So I wonder where this information can be found.

If true, a retrial may be warranted.

Looks like it wasn't granted though... it was originally and then overall they wouldn't. The re-tri was refused because the judge looked into the case and felt that 3 people couldn't have collaborated such a story together to lie. "Your theory throughout this case has been that these people got together. They planned their attack. They were manipulative and they sold me out for something I didn't do. That was not the impression that clearly this court obtained." Judge Bartheld had said. Only his son showed up to court the others were written testimonies. He was sentenced 30 years and the lawyer put in an appeal directly after. There is no official evidence, it is hearsay information. The case documents are sealed for reasons of protecting the victim/s identity. Those were some points in the motions I had mentioned previously. This is a case and situation where I had no question of this mans guilt but I can't even believe I have come to find myself intrigued that perhaps this is a man who didn't do these things. The "sex dungeon" what was in that basement? To be continued I suppose. Also states vary with the term "child rape" Washington state RCW 9a.44.079 Rape of a child in the third degree.
(1) A person is guilty of rape of a child in the third degree when the person has sexual intercourse with another who is at least fourteen years old but less than sixteen years old and not married to the perpetrator and the perpetrator is at least forty-eight months older than the victim.
(2) Rape of a child in the third degree is a class C felony.

When it comes to the age of someones testimony, a 15 year olds declaration...
Not saying it's alright at any age, not saying it can't be true just saying what if he wasn't guilty? With no hard evidence or proof despite <modsnip> statements in court. 30 years is an awful long sentence if these were lies!

Last edited by a moderator:
The mother didn't give him full custody, it wasn't a parental decision in the matter. The courts granted full custody to the father for the best interests of the child.

Nah, he fully did it.

I've seen the sick pics of him with his wang stuck in a boat. He's a meth-head. His gf's are meth-heads. There's more than one kid rape on the charges. He gave a child drugs and pimped him out. He's utter filth, masquerading in a suit and tie job.

He might have a good lawyer, though. More's the pity.

Nah, he fully did it.

I've seen the sick pics of him with his wang stuck in a boat. He's a meth-head. His gf's are meth-heads. There's more than one kid rape on the charges. He gave a child drugs and pimped him out. He's utter filth, masquerading in a suit and tie job.

He might have a good lawyer, though. More's the pity.

What was the boat wearing? Probably asking for it.

What a skeevy waste of DNA breathing up our air. This has been quite a revolting read :gasp: and it takes a lot to shock me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253
Back