WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But when compared, these two haveb so many of the same things going on.

But when compared, these two haveb so many of the same things going on.

Its so nice to see new faces around here!!! Welcome to Websleuths!!

I saw this doe on doenetwork and I kinda wonder if his case could be related in some way. Although his suicide isn't as detailed as Lyles, I see some similarities.. Probably just a coincidence but you never know....
http://doenetwork.org/cases/479umwa.html

I thought so at first too, especially if the date of death was off and it was actually in september. However, after reading the description of the clothing and of course, the fact that he was outside deep in the woods, I dismissed it. It is surprising how many suicides cases there are in washington state.

I couldn't find anywhere where rene yanez had been suggested:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/y/yanez_rene.html

The unibrow resembles lyle but the chin is too rounded and his ear lobes are distinctive.
I feel the fact that lyle was circumcised points to different cultures. Jews and Muslims are circumcised. I don't know about Hispanics or American Indians. Anyone have any information on this. Earlier someone mentioned he maybe Croatian. CrCroatian men are not circumcised. Nor are Serbs as far as i know. Also 30 years ago was it the norm for white American men tobecircumcised?

Still trying to culturally identify him.

Apologies for typos using a tablet that writes whatever it wants and not what i have typed.

:australia:

Also 30 years ago was it the norm for white American men tobecircumcised?

{respectful snip}

In my experience? Yes. Both of my younger brothers were. And it wasn't anything to do with religion. It's SOP for most hospitals here, I think. It's viewed as more hygienic. (This should not be interpreted as an endorsement or agreement.)

tcg

Here is a missing person who has a married name of Stebic - she could however pass for his sister. Wonder if there is a connection.:waitasec:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/lisa-michelle-stebic

image_thumb
image_thumb
image_thumb

Multimedia: Images lyle.jpg:toast:

Please elaborate. I thought Patrick Jason Beavers had definitely been ruled out. Has he been ruled out now?:please: Please let me know.

I think 100%, yes. I just looked back at Patrick's Charley Project profile and noticed that he had a number of known medical conditions, including an incurable eye condition that would have eventually rendered him blind and possibly Marfans syndrome. Pat has a tracheotomy scar, Lyle never had such surgery - only an appendectomy.

He was also a known cigar smoker. I remember somewhere on the threads that Cold Case Man said that Lyle was not a smoker.

I thought about this for quite some time, but what about the possibility of Creole background? He could have Black ancestry or be half Black with extremely light skin (see Regina Brown for example.)

Marg from Oz said:
Also 30 years ago was it the norm for white American men tobecircumcised?

True Crime Gal said:
{respectful snip}

In my experience? Yes. Both of my younger brothers were. And it wasn't anything to do with religion. It's SOP for most hospitals here, I think.
It's viewed as more hygienic. (This should not be interpreted as an endorsement or agreement.)

tcg

Respectful snip, indeed. :)
That may be my favorite pairing of quote and board lingo ever--

I think 100%, yes. I just looked back at Patrick's Charley Project profile and noticed that he had a number of known medical conditions, including an incurable eye condition that would have eventually rendered him blind and possibly Marfans syndrome. Pat has a tracheotomy scar, Lyle never had such surgery - only an appendectomy.

He was also a known cigar smoker. I remember somewhere on the threads that Cold Case Man said that Lyle was not a smoker.

I guess I need to contact the Charley Project and have them remove some misleading information. The Marfan's and Retinitis Pigmentosa are maybe's due to his mother having RP and a nephew having a Marfan type syndrome, however, Pat was not tall enough to have Marfans but was only 24 when he was last seen. Also, Pat did not smoke. He smoked maybe one or two cigars a year if that and only on special occassions. He seldom drank as well and preferred higher end scotch when he did. It just happened that he had been drinking the night he went missing. Also the tracheotomy scar probably would not be visible by 2001 since it occurred I believe back in 82 or 83 and was hardly visible shortly thereafter. There is a lot of incorrect information out there on him due ot it being received and then retracted by several different family members over the years who have since second guessed themselves. For instance his shoe size is now known to be between a 9.5 and 10 and I believe it is stated as 11 and his heighth is listed off an ID he received initially as a teenager and should be closer to 6'. :banghead:

It's not DP's wife. Staci Peterson and Kathleen Savio were his wives. Lisa Stebic is another case that Nancy Grace talked about a lot during that same time, though, and IIRC there was a suspicion of a domestic situation.

Just saw this on the Doe Network

What do you think?
The height is a little off but....

Look at the updates page, and look at "Thomas Lyon" on 8/31/07 updates (it's at the very bottom), he is case file 3458DMON

I couldn't get the link to work, let me know what you think!

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/233umwa.html

I saw that some where before. I have an idea it was discounted, but there is an uncanny resemblance to Lyle . Ever since the morgue photos I want to give Lyle longer hair with plaits . Don't have a clue why I want to do this. But it just feels to me that is how he originally looked. Some psychic bulb going off in my head. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14