WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We discussed the ID in the FB group; this was right after 9/11; someone had experience with the area; possibly the hotel & said they did not need ID back then. The East Coast has been very tight with everything since 9/11

I spent time yesterday passing on the DNA for genealogy to Lyle's case manager; so cross your fingers. She was very interested in it. I can't promise that it will happen for Lyle but it's possible that at some point with other cases it will be routine to upload to various databases. I do not know the legalities or if HIPPA would come into play.

Ah...that makes sense. Border and airline policies became stricter...hotels, too, I guess, and even on the West Coast.

It's great news about the DNA. I don't know the legalities, either, but maybe the case manager could be able to get any possible restrictions waived for the investigation.

I'm actually surprised it isn't already routine to upload to the databases...we'd probably have a lot fewer of these cases if they did.

In their summary of the case on Reddit, the poster 'Eugene' - who shared the recent photos and case files - says there were TWO copies of The Daily World found in the room. Did you already known this? Perhaps it's written somewhere in the case files, and I missed it - apologies if it's already been mentioned somewhere.

This is the issue dated Sunday, September 16, 2001. One copy was found in the trash can, and a second on the bed. Pure conjecture of course, but you would normally purchase two copies of the same publication if there was something significant in there.

Do you think it would be possible to order a back issue of this edition from the publisher for a small fee? CCM already checked it at the time I know, but there could be something in there that might be relevant. It's all very tenuous I know, and it's an avenue already explored by CCM, but two copies just seems... odd.

Failing that, are there any locals in here who are familiar with The Daily World Sunday? I know Sunday editions usually have a retrospective of the previous week's news, so it would have been 9/11-heavy. CCM mentioned about a crossword (which wasn't completed), so there were other features in there too, even during the most significant news week of the 21st century. Do they have certain features on a Sunday? Classifieds? Obituaries?

I'm actually surprised it isn't already routine to upload to the databases...we'd probably have a lot fewer of these cases if they did.

Many states have laws specifically disallowing it, there are some federal regulations (I am not familiar with the details), and some courts have ruled that comparing familial DNA for any LE-related purpose constitutes a "fishing expedition" and isn't allowed. So it's a morass of conflicting legalities and problematic results.

Roselvr, the DNA moving all of a sudden and the extreme interest by his case manager makes me even more certain that this man is Ilija Dukic.

I am not sure if I recall a strong Adam's apple on "Lyle" but Ilija has one? Or did I miss it? Or since he was deceased is it not as prominent and he was on his back as well in PM photos ...

The more I look, I see a lot of moles / freckles that appear to be in the same spots ... Could be him

My idea...

Maybe Lyle's photo need to be circulated again in the Native Indian circles, this time a photoshopped photo of him overweight and with an overbite, or crooked top teeth...
Just an idea.

The Lyle Stevik I see in photos is model-type good looking. The new pics shows a different story.
Too skinny to be healthy. Defined facial features because he was thin and underweight.

I hope you guys can help solve this.

added: coldcaseman said in a post in thread 2 that Lyle's picture was shown to the native indian community, I'm saying, add some weight and possibly bad teeth, and show it again.

Roselvr, the DNA moving all of a sudden and the extreme interest by his case manager makes me even more certain that this man is Ilija Dukic.

She has always been interested in identifying Lyle as well as all of her cases.

My idea...

Maybe Lyle's photo need to be circulated again in the Native Indian circles, this time a photoshopped photo of him overweight and with an overbite, or crooked top teeth...
Just an idea.

The Lyle Stevik I see in photos is model-type good looking. The new pics shows a different story.
Too skinny to be healthy. Defined facial features because he was thin and underweight.

I hope you guys can help solve this.

added: coldcaseman said in a post in thread 2 that Lyle's picture was shown to the native indian community, I'm saying, add some weight and possibly bad teeth, and show it again.

My friend & I asked Carl days ago if he could do a new heavier recon. He's Missing in Michigan with Aundria Bowman's biomom Cathy. They go every year

Just wanted to post this link with all statistics for Grays Harbor just in case it sparks something.

http://www.city-data.com/county/Grays_Harbor_County-WA.html

"Races in Grays Harbor County, Washington:

White Non-Hispanic Alone (81.4%)
Hispanic or Latino (8.6%)
American Indian and Alaska Native alone (4.1%)
Two or more races (3.1%)
Asian alone (1.4%)
Black Non-Hispanic Alone (1.0%)

Median resident age: 41.0 years
Washington median age: 37.0 years

Males: 37,357 (45.9%)
Females: 35,440 (54.1%)"

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Gay community in the area circa 1999, might anyone recall the handsome Lyle?
fwiw..
http://www.ryanteaguebeckwith.com/?p=241

ETA, wonder if a name similar to Lyle was written on the wall referenced in above link?

I dont get why a recon with bad teeth should be done....?

(Maybe Im slow...)

Two of Lyle's top teeth were missing that are on opposing sides of each other, and in my son's case those exact same teeth were extracted to fit him with braces to straighten his teeth and treat an overbite.
It was just an idea of why those teeth would be missing for Lyle, nothing else.
Disregard the info if you like =)

Just a thoght, Lyle was circumcised which is common in the US, it is not common in Europe at all (its usual done if there is a medical problem only). What about Canada?

(Btw Im swedish)

Just a thoght, Lyle was circumcised which is common in the US, it is not common in Europe at all (its usual done if there is a medical problem only). What about Canada?

(Btw Im swedish)

I have a friend in Canada; we've had a parenting FB page for years with the topic of circumcision coming up fairly often; it is not common in Canada

Hej jag ar ocksa svensk!
(Just told her I'm Swedish also}

We do NOT circumsice in Scandinavia!>Sweden>Norway>Denmark
I lived in the UK for 20 years, they do NOT circumsice either.. unless they are Jews or Muslims... NO CIRCUMSICION!
The only people I know who do this are arabs and americans!

I have a friend in Canada; we've had a parenting FB page for years with the topic of circumcision coming up fairly often; it is not common in Canada

I have never heard about it being common either. I know my uncle was, but that was 51 years ago.

I have never heard about it being common either. I know my uncle was, but that was 51 years ago.

http://www.circinfo.net/rates_of_circumcision.html

"Canada:

Approx. 50% overall, but varies by region and age group (see below in section on rate of infant circumcision)".

http://www.cirp.org/library/statistics/Canada/

"While the incidence of neonatal male circumcision varies sharply by region in Canada, the overall incidence of neonatal male circumcision is decreasing throughout Canada. Prince Edward Island (PEI) reported the highest incidence, but Newfoundland/Labrador reported no circumcisions in 2003. Quebec and the Atlantic provinces traditionally have had a low incidence of male neonatal circumcision (except for PEI)."

I'm Canadian and it was common in Canada up until the late 80s, early 90s. I just looked at some statistics and it looks like 50-60% were back in the 70s and in 2006 it was 30%. My 1960s-born Canadian husband says as far as he remembers 'most' of the guys his age were circumcised in Ontario.

Hej på dej AliceinPains! (Fellow swede)

How is it with circumcision among the Native americans?

Most likely Lyle was not European considering that he was circumcised, so american, canadian, jewish or arab is the most possible background.

"The rate for male infants in Canada has dropped from about 50% in 1998 to about 20% in 2000. The overall incidence of male circumcision for all of Canada declined to about 13.9 percent for the year 2003.

Rates of male infant circumcision in the province of Quebec dropped from about 30% in 1971 to a rate of less than 3% in 2003. The rate in the province of Ontario, Canada's most populous province, dropped from about 60% in 1971 to about 18% in 2003. Western provinces generally dropped the same rate to about 20-25% in 2003. Newfoundland had a 1971 rate of about 7% and has dropped to about .6% at most in 2001. Nova Scotia had a 1971 rate of approximately 53% and has dropped to a 2001 rate of 1.5%.

In 2003, the rate of male circumcision in the United States of America was about 55.9% with a rate of about 77.8% in the midwest.

In South Korea, boys 10-13 years old are routinely circumcised mistakenly "for medical reasons".

http://www.canadiancrc.com/Circumcision_Genital_Mutilation_Male-Female_Children.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak