WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, yeah. That's a really strong resemblance. If he was a Spanish citizen in Morocco then he'd have to have a passport, so getting to the US wouldn't be an issue.

Collage5.jpg

I definitely see the resemblance. The ears look similar too, IMO.

Attachments

• Stevik_body.jpg
    Stevik_body.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 44
  • JCGarcia.jpg
    JCGarcia.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 264
With the IDs this year of Grateful Doe and Sharon Marshall, I hope "Lyle" can soon get his name back as well.

Someone should submit both to The authorities for samples.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I know they were doing isotope testing.

Chin's wrong, I think. But boy the rest of the features are soooo close.

Chin's wrong, I think. But boy the rest of the features are soooo close.
Yeah the lift of the eyebrows would be compelling and the almost unibrow would be too. The chin wasnt that wide that I know if and that pic isnt that wide. Where was he for 5 years. Said he was missing from Morroco in 96 and LS died 2001. Interesting. Were any of the 9/11 victims Morrocan?

With the IDs this year of Grateful Doe and Sharon Marshall, I hope "Lyle" can soon get his name back as well.

1979 Mendocino Jane Does have gotten their names back too; Kerry Graham (previously known as male) and Francine Trimble. The 4 profiles are offline at NCMEC, I don't know why NamUs has not pulled profiles yet.

Agreed, don't think it's him. But by far the most similar comparison I've seen.
I still think he should be subnitted. Only because for all we know he did have a cleft in his chin but in the hanging it appeared due to the skin becoming lax and everything going backwards. There were wrinkles if skin in the post mortems that I do not feel were there prior to his death. JMO.

I agree--The SUICIDE note is confusing. And the case files leave more questions. Seriously, can LE just re-interview the maid? And everyone else?

Just weighing in here quickly about the suicide note folks... Sorry if my thought has been expressed on this case before - I am more of a lurker here although I have been following this case with interest for a while.

I tried to explain to myself why anyone would write out in print the word "SUICIDE" and then just throw it away. The only reason I could think of for writing something in print like this is to make a sign. Since Lyle was considerate enough to leave everything 'just so' and 'staged' the scene to make it as un-traumatic as possible for the person who found him.... my impression is that he wanted to put up a sign on the room door to 'warn' whoever would come in what they would find (i.e. his dead body).

I have no fixed explanation for why he would then throw away the sign... Maybe he thought it was too obvious, that it would attract the 'wrong' people, that another guest would try to investigate instead of the maid... or maybe he figured the next person to come in would be the maid anyway, so why bother putting up a sign, one that might attract too much attention and just freak people out? He probably thought it was safer to just let the maid walk in and find him herself.

Psychologically speaking, this is the explanation for the 'SUICIDE' note that makes most sense to me at the moment. Just thought I'd share MHO. Again, apologies if this has been thrown out here before.

2. Someone has left a message on Craigslist for people in the Washington area, asking them if they can source a copy of The Daily World for Sunday, 16th September, 2001, from the public library. It's most likely in the Timberland Regional Library, but they have several locations, so it's a bit like finding a needle in a haystack. I'm sure we can contact the library to ascertain where said copy is though if anyone in the Washington area is happy to volunteer. However, as of yet, no-one has responded.

If you look in the Reddit Case File we did up, there's copies of the stories there.

I still think he should be subnitted. Only because for all we know he did have a cleft in his chin but in the hanging it appeared due to the skin becoming lax and everything going backwards. There were wrinkles if skin in the post mortems that I do not feel were there prior to his death. JMO.

I agree, it should definitely be sent in. Death can cause all kinds of subtle changes and while on the one hand I don't think it's him, on the other...I dunno, kind of think it might be.

Joaquin looks so similar, but the height is very off-he is 5 inches shorter than Lyle's reported height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89