WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Lyle's hair was tested for Isotopes. Could have sworn I had a photo that showed the states it would include but I'm not seeing it. All I have is the attached.

Lyle Isotope info on Reddit

Hello lovelies!

I just heard back from LE, who says that the initial round of testing for Lyle has come back.

The initial tests show he traveled across the US through the southern states. I have asked to see if there is a timeline we can work through, and will send any additional updates here as I receive them.

So, what do you think this means?

Attachments

• CaledoniaIsotopePost695annemc2.jpg
    CaledoniaIsotopePost695annemc2.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 88
Possibility?
http://doenetwork.org/cases/258dmla.html
JSmith.jpg
James Cary Smith
Missing since September 6, 1991 from Harvey, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 24, 1969
Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8; 160 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
Clothing: Smith was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and jeans.

Trevor Angell's dates are about as certain as can be, but there's no reason to think he died at the time. He may have been depressed. The NAMPN entry indicates he may have been taken in by a get-rich scheme. It's not hard to extrapolate that he might have lost all his money, been ashamed to go back to his wife, wandered for a while, and eventually decided to end it all.

Since he disappeared in the US, he has entries in the usual databases:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/angell_trevor.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/161/0
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=10092
http://www.nampn.org/cases/angell_trevor.html

And an article that covers pretty much the same territory: http://cdllife.com/2014/top-truckin...truck-drivers-family-still-searching-answers/

I did a side-by-side with Lyle and two different photos of Trevor. It looks to me like the chin is too pointed and receding, but the nose, eyes, and brows are really close. And it looks like Trevor has attached earlobes. All the physical stats are in range.

He has both DNA and dentals so it should be straightforward to check.

Just some observations and jmoo.

1. The large clothing--During the time period it was common for young men to wear very large jeans down around their thighs or hips etc, that were belted generally to keep from falling off. Could be LS had worn that style and maybe outgrown it but still had lots of large jeans.

2. Joyce Carol Oates is a very academic writer, meaning she is very well read in universities. LS was not a blue collar guy imo, but I would bet money a college educated individual. I absolutely believe he chose the name purposefully and it reflects a sense of hopelessness...meaninglessness about life.

3. I know he only had a toothbrush and toothpaste but he either threw out a razor or had not traveled far because his face was very clean shaven with only a slight 5 o'clock shadow visible in a few spots.

4. This is a long shot but I wonder if searching for missing persons who left their wallets behind would produce anything?

5. Since his suicide occured in the days following 9-11 it might have been possible for him to still travel without documents? But I doubt this.

6. He is very particular almost anal it seems.

7. Whatever his ethnic makeup, it is a more hairless type. Native American would fit that profile but I dont necessarily believe that to be the case. Nonetheless, he has little visible body hair.

8. I think circumcision rules out eastern european largely, but I see a definite possibility in LS being Jewish. Tends to match the hairless profile too. He has several features I would associate with Jewish men from certain parts of the world.

All jmo

I'm curious about #2, he spelt Stevick differently than it is in the book, do you think LS did this on purpose? I'm reading the book now so I'm going back and forth my research. #5, I've also wondered how was he able to travel so easily well more check in with just giving a name and address, I recall security went up almost immediately all over the world, even for a small town of Amanda Park you had to assume they were on high alert and suspicious of any travelers makes me think they may have seen him before around Amanda Park or even the motel.

I'm curious about #2, he spelt Stevick differently than it is in the book, do you think LS did this on purpose? I'm reading the book now so I'm going back and forth my research. #5, I've also wondered how was he able to travel so easily well more check in with just giving a name and address, I recall security went up almost immediately all over the world, even for a small town of Amanda Park you had to assume they were on high alert and suspicious of any travelers makes me think they may have seen him before around Amanda Park or even the motel.

No, I think he's too particular to purposefully omit the c. I can see it being an error and somebody mentioned somewhere that it looked as though he may have hesitated when signing his name at that letter, as though he was debating ck vs k.

I agree the country was on high alert but we had no new policies in place and it was still a time of confusion and grief. Prior to 9-11 I can remember traveling back and forth between Canada with no identification a few times. Just thinking that security was not where it is today. But, I very well could be wrong there.

You would have to go back to thread #4 I believe, we discussed this. I lived by Fort Dix/ McGuire Air Force Base in NJ where there was a very high alert. Roads were closed off to the public near the base. We had to go 15+ miles out of our way to get to the highway.

Amanda Park wasn't really affected. They did not ask Lyle for ID. He most likely had a backpack that he threw in the water.

Wonder how different Lyle might look with extra weight and facial hair?

Carl did a heavier recon last year. Wish he would do a full body recon but he doesn't have time

View attachment 89916

Thanks , had forgotten about that!
Thinking that if Lyle looked like that And had a beard or moustache or both, he would really go under the radar.

Yes, I didn't see that until after I posted. I guess I should have deleted it. Sorry.

Good to not delete it -- it helps to have a record of who has been ruled out and why, otherwise he's bound to come up again a couple years from now if this case hasn't been solved by then.

He looks older.

He also looks a bit Hispanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members