WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl did a new heavier recon, been so busy that I have not had time to post it.
Lyle's album on Never Forget Me

Amanda Park, Grays Harbor County, Washington-September 17, 2001
637aed63e0aa37d6dc00c64d944d0d02.jpg
Wanted to bring this forward

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Great spot. I still think that Thomas has some potential as a match for Lyle, but he probably matches this other Doe even more. I will mention Thomas on the other thread.

Thank you. :)

Thanks for sharing. Good fine, hope it comes to something.

That's someone we were comparing to Lyle.

OHHHHHHHH. LOL I was wondering because I didn't think it really looked like him. But, if it was him (heavier) I wondered where the picture came from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He looked nothing like Lyle, though.
I'm thinking it's possible the idea of this fella being the UID came upon seeing the sketch of a heavier Lyle. IIRC. Maybe... ;-)

A little OT.
Ever since I've been checking around for matches to this John Doe, searching for MP's with attached ears, the square chin, etc, I seem to notice those features where ever I go now. This one popped into my news feed on social media:
attachment.php

I couldn't resist posting this because of the slight resemblance.
Trivia question: Anyone recognize this famous face? His father also has the same features.

Attachments

• Guess the celebrity.jpg
    Guess the celebrity.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 259
Recently the maid’s daughter joined a Facebook group dedicated to this mystery. Her mother was still deeply affected by Lyle’s death, so she shared a new revelation. The maid had heard voices coming from the room the second day, when Lyle refused cleaning services.
She insists the television was not the source of the voices. She also said the room was handicap accessible, so the closet bar should have been too short for 6’2” Lyle to hang himself.

BBM.

Thanks for posting, Roselvr. This is so interesting! That could take Lyle's case on a whole other route.

Interesting about the voices! But I just wanted to pipe in and say that the height of the bar is probably irrelevant. People commit suicide by hanging from doorknobs.

Interesting about the voices! But I just wanted to pipe in and say that the height of the bar is probably irrelevant. People commit suicide by hanging from doorknobs.

True, if someone wants to take their own life, they will find a way :(

Anyone think there could have been someone with him that day?

He hung himself in the closet, so the shower bar doesn't matter.

Passive hanging - the way he did it by belting his neck and leaning forward - is easily done at any height. You're kneeling and then you lean forward. The kneel is kind of a safety net if you decide you want to back out last minute, but the passive hang is also pretty quickly effective.... his height and the shower bar doesn't matter in this case. Also, this is how robin williams went - by kneeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passive hanging - the way he did it by belting his neck and leaning forward - is easily done at any height. You're kneeling and then you lean forward. The kneel is kind of a safety net if you decide you want to back out last minute, but the passive hang is also pretty quickly effective.... his height and the shower bar doesn't matter in this case. Also, this is how robin williams went - by kneeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah Robin :(

If we go back to this:

MD seemed to have known that Lyle was checking out on Monday - a detail not mentioned by BW or the motel owner in the case files. Perhaps there was some kind of arrangement where Lyle would pay for the room after his stay? I wonder why the motel gave him 'credit', especially when BW stated that Lyle was giving him "bad vibes".

"For the room" means exactly that - Lyle settled his bill for the nights he stayed. Though $160 seems way too much for a two-night stay, especially when he only paid $44 on Friday. I get the impression the motel was pretty much empty that weekend, so would there really be such a price hike for Saturday/Sunday?

Did LE hand the money back to the hotel after their investigation? If Lyle left a surplus amount that exceeded the cost of his stay, where did that go?

And again, if Lyle overpaid as a goodwill gesture, then why not throw down the extra 8 dollars? Perhaps he forgot, but for someone who supposedly meticulously planned every detail of his death, including its aftermath (covering the cost of cleaning the room etc.), you'd think he would remember.

I read somewhere that John Doe did not show an ID when checking in but could stay afterall....this case brings up very much questions...

I also see nothing in the ToS about religious discussion; this is why I expressed my opinion here.

It would be unfortunate if someone came to this thread and said, "Well, this UID may be my brother, but my beliefs will directly conflict with those they appear to hold so dear, so I will stay away."

I'm not religious and I dont feel offended in any way....what I mean to say is: If someone gets hope, love and comfort of being a beleaver I'm totaly in peace with that...the question is can the bible quotes lead us to the identification....

I just enlarged Thomas' photo and I can't tell whether the earlobes are attached or not. The photo is a bit blurry though, and my eyesight is not the best. :)

I dont have 'the feel' with him....I think his ears are attached....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay