WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a guy who lives above me that has a mental illness. I have no idea what kind of illness it is. Where I live mental illness is a huge taboo and it goes untreated.

He lives on the floor above me, and everyday, you can hear him talking to himself, and he also does different voices. Sometimes he sounds like a man, and sometimes he sounds like a woman and he argues with himself. However, what he says is complete gibberish. I cant understand his language very well, but my husband told me that what he says actually makes no sense in their language.

I think if he was staying there for a few days and was unmedicated, depending on severity people would probably notice something off about him. When I see this man outside my home, hes talking to himself. I could tell when I met him he was a bit off.

Not to say there is anything wrong with mental illness, and I do wish that guy could get some treatment for his condition. Just giving my experience.

I agree. I know a few people through my job who suffer with mental illness and I would expect someone to notice this if this was the case, esp as he stayed there a few days.

May have been posted before, and may not be legit, but Meridian High School has a Lyle Stevik shown in the class of 1996 .. no info on the profile:

(do Ctrl+F for Stevik):

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...alumni-list-s.html+&cd=18&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca
To be honest, I think someone just put that there. I found the yearbook and searched through it for the name, but there was no mention in the index.

If you'd like to search for the yearbook for photos, it can be easily found on google.

Ok, not to sound over the top, but I have wondered if Lyle had TB… considering the weight loss…
TB is a tricky disease. Autopsy might have not shown anything at all. Actually, it is highly likely that the autopsy might have not shown anything. It is kind of a disease that there is not one marker that identifies it. Many people with TB don’t even have an abnormal CXR.

By law, people who have TB are required to have treatment. What if Lyle discovered he had TB, didn’t want the treatment and just went away to succumb to the illness? What if he decided to take matters into his hands before it would eventually kill him? More like a painless/ decisional exit to make if you think you’re going to die soon. I don’t know… just some thoughts to put out there for further consideration.

How common is TB in the us?

In the uk the bcg for all teeneagers was replaced with targeted immunisation for babies and children because of low numbers of cases. Is there any area where it is higher?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How common is TB in the us?

In the uk the bcg for all teeneagers was replaced with targeted immunisation for babies and children because of low numbers of cases. Is there any area where it is higher?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well, it is common enough. You can look at CDC statistics if you’re curious.
BCG is no longer administered in the US as well as many countries around the world. There has been a massive controversy about its effectiveness. BCG doesn’t prevent people from contracting TB and developing its active form.

^^ All good points ^^ I just can't get my head around the fact that the date was so close to 9/11.

^^ All good points ^^ I just can't get my head around the fact that the date was so close to 9/11.

Why? because it was a bit after 9/11? I am sure there are lots of crimes/suicides that occurred at that time in the US. What is your point? Is there any kind of evidence that ties this person to 9/11 in any fashion? <modsnip>

IIRC, BW later said he may have had a backpack, not that he definitely had one. He did however have toothpaste and a toothbrush. I wonder how much toothpaste was used from the tube. If it appeared brand new, the paste and brush may have been purchased at the local store. If there was a fair amount of paste used, it would seem he had it for a while and he carried those items with him, and not likely in his pockets. It could therefore possibly substantiate that he had a backpack. If so, where did the backpack get to?

I don't recall any mention that a wallet was found in the room. Would be odd for him to have $168 on him just loose in his pockets (along with toothpaste and brush).

Especially when the bills were crisp and unwrinkled! Had to have been in something!

Why? because it was a bit after 9/11? I am sure there are lots of crimes/suicides that occurred at that time in the US. What is your point? Is there any kind of evidence that ties this person to 9/11 in any fashion? <modsnip>

<modsnip> I in know way said he was involved in 9/11. I was merely considering that this poor man may have lost someone in 9/11. Maybe the only person he had. <modsnip>

I can't seem to find lyle's namus rule out list, so forgive me if this one has already been pointed out or ruled out. So MUCH seems to match up.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/christman_shawn.html

attachment.php
attachment.php

I haven't seen this posted here since I have been reading Lyle's thread but it is the closest match in looks I have seen, thank you for posting. I hope something leads somewhere for Lyle however I will be taking a step away from this thread.

The timeframe is absolutely something to consider. There could be a number of reasons why 9/11 is connected to Lyle's suicide. He could have been dealing with unrelated stress/anxiety and the attacks sent him over the edge, or it could be that he had a loved one who passed away on that day. While it's true that it could be a total coincidence, since we know absolutely nothing about Lyle we can't just sweep anything under the rug yet.

The timeframe is absolutely something to consider. There could be a number of reasons why 9/11 is connected to Lyle's suicide. He could have been dealing with unrelated stress/anxiety and the attacks sent him over the edge, or it could be that he had a loved one who passed away on that day. While it's true that it could be a total coincidence, since we know absolutely nothing about Lyle we can't just sweep anything under the rug yet.

Do you know how many people have died/killed themselves/murdered around that time? I think just because this case is so publicized it should not necessarily let us think that it is anyhow connected to 9/11. There was life above and beyond 9/11. Lonely, depressed and desperate people who have lived their lives succumbing to their loss, whatever that might have been to them.

Do you know how many people have died/killed themselves/murdered around that time? I think just because this case is so publicized it should not necessarily let us think that it is anyhow connected to 9/11. There was life above and beyond 9/11. Lonely, depressed and desperate people who have lived their lives succumbing to their loss, whatever that might have been to them.

Ok, well how does TB tie to Lyle? Just as you're asking if TB is something he might have suffered from, other people are wondering if 9/11 is connected as well. Thanks!

But I didn't say Lyle was associated with 9/11? I said I cant get my head around that it was so close and no one has come forward stating they know Lyle. My reasoning for this?...I think it could be possible he lost his only relative/friend that awful day and what I was saying may not be directly tied to the case... but it was only so many days after 9/11. Unfortunately on cases like this, we have to think outside the box, outside what has already been linked to this case as it may never be solved otherwise.

Ok, well how does TB tie to Lyle? Just as you're asking if TB is something he might have suffered from, other people are wondering if 9/11 is connected as well. Thanks!
Well, to answer your question... it is known that Lyle had very likely had recent significant weight loss before he died, and autopsy showed nothing... autopsy had basically shown that he was healthy. I work in the medical field and this information led me to wonder if Lyle had TB, because TB(even in its active form) is oftentimes not easily identified. Weight loss, significant weight loss especially is associated with TB. People with TB may also have a very bad cough and very unpleasant taste in their mouth due to mucus and sputum.
So like you see, I didn't just come up with this... something led me to believe this
<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member