WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ All of you please let us know how it goes! These bloodline things are intriguing to me!! I wonder what I would find out about me...

Sis, my nephew got his results back in two weeks. He was needing answers to a disease that runs in hubby's family. Hereditary pancreatitis.

Sounds like he did 23 and me because they're the only ones that do health. I kick myself for not doing it years ago when it was $99, now it's $99 for DNA or $199 for health & DNA.

Just ordered one for my grandson. It's going to be a long few months waiting for the results lol

I used 2 cash back sites, Ebates and Top cash back. Both gave me 7.5% for buying the kit. I've been doing pretty good shopping with it this weekend. Wish I had it when I ordered the 4 other kits I bought.

If anyone needs tests, someone made a thread on city data for sales/ coupon codes. The 2nd day I got the test, one of the cash back sites doubled the cash back.

I'm new to the site this case has caught my attention for a few different reasons mainly because I've lost a loved to suicide... just a thought this has probably been mentioned what about hospitals or mental health facilities in the area or the area he gave the fake address maybe he was admitted for attempts just a thought

I agree that he probably knew the area to give the address.
The ME did a lot of research when Lyle was 1st found, I think he wasn't recognized because his PM photo looked nothing like he did in real life.

I mailed mine on Saturday morning and got the email yesterday that they received it. I can't wait to get my results! Can't wait.

Gonna be a long 2 months! I just made a thread for DNA
Has anyone done their DNA for genealogy?

New forensic sketch by Diana Trepkov
http://imgur.com/a/QqCrw

attachment.php

TY for posting!

Did I read somewhere that Lyle looked nothing like how he did in his PM?

TY for posting!

Did I read somewhere that Lyle looked nothing like how he did in his PM?

Have you ever been to a viewing where the person's face looked nothing like what you see in the casket? Happened with my dad.

You have to look at the various photos of Lyle because he looks different. He looks very Native American in some of them but it may not be what he actually looked like while alive.

What Happens to My Body Right After I Die?
Hour 1 - At the moment of death, all of the muscles in the body relax, a state called primary flaccidity. Eyelids lose their tension, the pupils dilate, the jaw might fall open, and the body's joints and limbs are flexible. With the loss of tension in the muscles, the skin will sag, which can cause prominent joints and bones in the body, such as the jaw or hips, to become pronounced.

Hours 2 to 6 - Beginning approximately in the third hour after death, again depending upon numerous factors, chemical changes within the body's cells cause all of the muscles to begin stiffening. Known as rigor mortis, the first muscles affected include the eyelids, jaw, and neck. Over the next several hours, rigor mortis spreads up into the face and down through the chest, abdomen, arms and legs until it reaches the fingers and toes.

Hour 12 and Beyond - After reaching a state of maximum rigor mortis, the muscles will begin to loosen due to continued chemical changes within the cells and internal tissue decay. This process occurs gradually, over a period of one to three days, and will be influenced by external conditions such as temperature (cold slows the process down). Rigor mortis dissipates in the reverse order in which it occurred, i.e., from the fingers and toes, through the arms and legs, and then up through the chest to the neck and face. Eventually, all of the muscles will again relax, reaching a state known as secondary flaccidity.

I produced composite images for what Lyle could look like if he was heavier. The images are composites of Lyle post-mortem photo and images from Google and Namus of males from different ethnic backgrounds, heavier than Lyle and aged 21-28.

fat lyle composite1.jpg

What a difference maybe with the updated pics someone may recognize him! I still think the fake address may hold something to help identify him colleges hospitals mental health facilities maybe post the pics on FB pages linked to some of those places in Idaho

I produced composite images for what Lyle could look like if he was heavier. The images are composites of Lyle post-mortem photo and images from Google and Namus of males from different ethnic backgrounds, heavier than Lyle and aged 21-28.

View attachment 105906
I am still not convinced he was previously overweight. Stretch marks can happen from rapid growth and puberty. My husband is skinny has been all his life and has stretch marks. He has never been overweight even as a child. I would like to know how they figured he was overweight prior and also if there was actual signs of say high cholesterol, anorexia, heart disease all of ehich show up in the brain. If none did show up again how would they know stretch marks alone do not undicate weight loss. I had previously thought an illness but again it does not mean overweight, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

View attachment 105906
I think the second from the left is most likely what he looked like. The others could work but I think the second is pretty good.

View attachment 105906

Wow! Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still not convinced he was previously overweight. Stretch marks can happen from rapid growth and puberty. My husband is skinny has been all his life and has stretch marks. He has never been overweight even as a child. I would like to know how they figured he was overweight prior and also if there was actual signs of say high cholesterol, anorexia, heart disease all of ehich show up in the brain. If none did show up again how would they know stretch marks alone do not undicate weight loss. I had previously thought an illness but again it does not mean overweight, etc.

Good question. Loose skin maybe? Or the belt with worn holes in larger sizes. In the crime scene photos, he appeared extremely skinny (not just slim) and unhealthy.

Good question. Loose skin maybe? Or the belt with worn holes in larger sizes. In the crime scene photos, he appeared extremely skinny (not just slim) and unhealthy.

But I have loose skin too...but was the loose skin from post mortem etc. Or was it from weight loss? Interesting indeed. Wish we could ask the investigatir still. Urgh!

Also bigger clothes does not signify anything either. I used ti wear bigger sizes as a bean pole myself, maybe thise were clothes he just wore. Maybe he would buy clothes at a thrift stire and those were the closest sizes he could get to what he was. Just so many unanswered questions for sure.

Have you ever been to a viewing where the person's face looked nothing like what you see in the casket? Happened with my dad.

You have to look at the various photos of Lyle because he looks different. He looks very Native American in some of them but it may not be what he actually looked like while alive.

What Happens to My Body Right After I Die?
Hour 1 - At the moment of death, all of the muscles in the body relax, a state called primary flaccidity. Eyelids lose their tension, the pupils dilate, the jaw might fall open, and the body's joints and limbs are flexible. With the loss of tension in the muscles, the skin will sag, which can cause prominent joints and bones in the body, such as the jaw or hips, to become pronounced.

Hours 2 to 6 - Beginning approximately in the third hour after death, again depending upon numerous factors, chemical changes within the body's cells cause all of the muscles to begin stiffening. Known as rigor mortis, the first muscles affected include the eyelids, jaw, and neck. Over the next several hours, rigor mortis spreads up into the face and down through the chest, abdomen, arms and legs until it reaches the fingers and toes.

Hour 12 and Beyond - After reaching a state of maximum rigor mortis, the muscles will begin to loosen due to continued chemical changes within the cells and internal tissue decay. This process occurs gradually, over a period of one to three days, and will be influenced by external conditions such as temperature (cold slows the process down). Rigor mortis dissipates in the reverse order in which it occurred, i.e., from the fingers and toes, through the arms and legs, and then up through the chest to the neck and face. Eventually, all of the muscles will again relax, reaching a state known as secondary flaccidity.
Thanks for sharing this..good info. :)

View attachment 105906

#3 looks like Rob Kardashian. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

But I have loose skin too...but was the loose skin from post mortem etc. Or was it from weight loss? Interesting indeed. Wish we could ask the investigatir still. Urgh!

What happened to the investigator? I know he would post early on in the case. Did he retire? Do we know who the new investigator is?

I'm considering just going back through Namus state by state and looking at each missing person case, rather than just the ones that fit his specs. I work for a law enforcement agency and back in the day I would book people into the booking system from the booking slip that the officer would fill out. Then I would proceed to run the suspects criminal history and warrants, etc. More than once I wouldn't be able to find anything on someone who obviously had a record, so I would try to match tattoos listed on the criminal history against the suspect. On one specific occasion, I found a possible match, but according to the system it was a white guy with red hair, while the suspect in custody was Hispanic. As it turned out, the suspect in custody was a very light skinned Hispanic with light brown hair that could've been mistaken for red hair. Then I realized that it really depends on the person taking the initial report and how they see the person in question. Our Lyle might be in Namus somewhere described totally different than what we see. So I'm gonna give it a shot.

What happened to the investigator? I know he would post early on in the case. Did he retire? Do we know who the new investigator is?

I hope we can get answers to some of our questions.

I'm considering just going back through Namus state by state and looking at each missing person case, rather than just the ones that fit his specs. I work for a law enforcement agency and back in the day I would book people into the booking system from the booking slip that the officer would fill out. Then I would proceed to run the suspects criminal history and warrants, etc. More than once I wouldn't be able to find anything on someone who obviously had a record, so I would try to match tattoos listed on the criminal history against the suspect. On one specific occasion, I found a possible match, but according to the system it was a white guy with red hair, while the suspect in custody was Hispanic. As it turned out, the suspect in custody was a very light skinned Hispanic with light brown hair that could've been mistaken for red hair. Then I realized that it really depends on the person taking the initial report and how they see the person in question. Our Lyle might be in Namus somewhere described totally different than what we see. So I'm gonna give it a shot.

Good perspective thank you. That totally makes sense. So glad you shared that. Super right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member