WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Equestrianista,

also how the DNA profile is different? They had discovered Lyle very soon after his death, they could see his face, grab fingerprint… I don’t understand how DNA is different. I have a geneticist student that worked with me at my previous job and he said that he wasn’t sure why would the difference in DNA form pose difficulty. Again, I am no expert in the field and would love to learn more of ways that we can help this case. Something, anything that may help.

Thank yall for explaining about the DNA situation, I understand now. Very tragic his DNA can not be used. :(

I understand their apprehension but it really is unfortunate. Where do we go from here?

I know it sounds ridiculous but what about starting an #IdentifyLyle hashtag or similar campaign? Twitter hashtags seem to reach a lot of people. If we can spread Lyle's story around, it might just find the right person - someone who knew him. Surely someone he went to school with or worked with would recognize him if they saw the reconstruction?

Speaking of the reconstruction, someone ought to make a new one soon. I'd try but I know next to nothing about Photoshop. The one that's commonly used was made using a post autopsy photo and likely isn't the most accurate depiction of how Lyle would have looked in life so hopefully any new reconstructions or sketches are made using the crime scene photos.

I understand their apprehension but it really is unfortunate. Where do we go from here?

I know it sounds ridiculous but what about starting an #IdentifyLyle hashtag or similar campaign? Twitter hashtags seem to reach a lot of people. If we can spread Lyle's story around, it might just find the right person - someone who knew him. Surely someone he went to school with or worked with would recognize him if they saw the reconstruction?

that's a great idea! All we can do is try.

Also, it would be good to reach out to youtubers who have wide audiences.. Some of their videos have millions of views

Speaking of the reconstruction, someone ought to make a new one soon. I'd try but I know next to nothing about Photoshop. The one that's commonly used was made using a post autopsy photo and likely isn't the most accurate depiction of how Lyle would have looked in life so hopefully any new reconstructions or sketches are made using the crime scene photos.

Carl did photos, plus reddit had an age regression done, it's on his find a grave
John "Lyle Stevik" Doe

Carl did photos, plus reddit had an age regression done, it's on his find a grave
John "Lyle Stevik" Doe

Thank you. How lovely that so many leave flowers and messages on his page. It could just be me but I've never thought the reconstruction looks very much like him - he looks so much older and the face shape looks different.

I'm impressed by the age progression, though, and I'm appreciative of any and all reconstructions because of the effort and thought that goes into them.

Thank you. How lovely that so many leave flowers and messages on his page. It could just be me but I've never thought the reconstruction looks very much like him - he looks so much older and the face shape looks different.

I'm impressed by the age progression, though, and I'm appreciative of any and all reconstructions because of the effort and thought that goes into them.

Below flowers section on Lyle’s find a grave page there is someone wondering if it is “Jonathan”. On that member’s page I can see someone asking that member of anything that is known about “Jonathan”. I don’t think there has been any follow-up or feedback. Why are people so thoughtless? Even with slightest suspicion, I wish that person would follow up with his/her doubts or come forward with any information about “Jonathan”.

John "Lyle Stevik" Doe

Such a great effort on people’s part who have worked hard to have this done for Lyle.
My thoughts about the photos…
Reconstruction: There is a lot more weight, he looks more Hispanic. We don’t know for sure if Lyle was ever heavy or overweight. He was slim and for whatever reasons (that I still don’t understand), it’s assumed that he had lost a lot weight.
Age regression: Looks like a generic looking White kid. From autopsy photos that I remember seeing… Lyle had very defined features, bold eyebrows, strong jaw line, his cheekbones were also extremely pronounced especially from a profile view. He had somewhat of a cleft chin.

Below flowers section on Lyle’s find a grave page there is someone wondering if it is “Jonathan”. On that member’s page I can see someone asking that member of anything that is known about “Jonathan”. I don’t think there has been any follow-up or feedback. Why are people so thoughtless? Even with slightest suspicion, I wish that person would follow up with his/her doubts or come forward with any information about “Jonathan”.

Interesting. I hope we hear back from them.

This isn't their Jonathan, is it? He does resemble Lyle. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4075dmca.html

From autopsy photos that I remember seeing… Lyle had very defined features, bold eyebrows, strong jaw line, his cheekbones were also extremely pronounced especially from a profile view. He had somewhat of a cleft chin.

Lyle's profile looks Native American to me but he appears otherwise ethnically ambiguous so it's difficult to be sure of anything. He looks like a green-eyed Willy Cartier, who is French but often portrays Native Americans in his modelling.

This isn't their Jonathan, is it? He does resemble Lyle. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4075dmca.html

I’m not sure who the person was referring to, but Jonathan McNabb is too short to be Lyle. He is listed as 5’2”, weighing 125 lbs. I’m an average size woman, but I am both taller and heavier than this guy was. That stands out right away, especially for a guy. He was tiny.
His stats are way off. We’re easily able to rule him out.

There's a Reddit thread for this, someone did contact the person that wrote it. It's thought that it's this Jonathan which I doubt

Such a great effort on people’s part who have worked hard to have this done for Lyle.
My thoughts about the photos…
Reconstruction: There is a lot more weight, he looks more Hispanic. We don’t know for sure if Lyle was ever heavy or overweight. He was slim and for whatever reasons (that I still don’t understand), it’s assumed that he had lost a lot weight.
Age regression: Looks like a generic looking White kid. From autopsy photos that I remember seeing… Lyle had very defined features, bold eyebrows, strong jaw line, his cheekbones were also extremely pronounced especially from a profile view. He had somewhat of a cleft chin.

Carl hadn't done a recon for Lyle until the ones you see here, he had always felt they weren't that bad but as we see from his, once he worked with the face muscles he appears different. Carl made the heavy one in case he was heavier at one time. They think he was due to the stretch marks and his belt loops had all been used. If I remember correctly, his pants were a larger size too which would have accounted for the extra weight. Carl had access to all of Lyle's photos, the person that did the regression worked off of everything including the recons.

Lyle's profile looks Native American to me but he appears otherwise ethnically ambiguous so it's difficult to be sure of anything. He looks like a green-eyed Willy Cartier, who is French but often portrays Native Americans in his modelling.

While he appears Native American there is no mention of him having shovel teeth in any of the reports.

http://pocketdentistry.com/wp-content/uploads/285/c42f0012.jpg

http://www.homeopathic-dentistry.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Internal-External-Bleaching-08.jpg

Shovel teeth
c42f0012.jpg

No Shoveling
Internal-External-Bleaching-08.jpg

While he appears Native American there is no mention of him having shovel teeth in any of the reports.

http://www.homeopathic-dentistry.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Internal-External-Bleaching-08.jpg

Shovel teeth
attachment.php

No Shoveling
attachment.php

Does the absence of shovel teeth rule out any Native American descent?

I’m not sure who the person was referring to, but Jonathan McNabb is too short to be Lyle. He is listed as 5’2”, weighing 125 lbs. I’m an average size woman, but I am both taller and heavier than this guy was. That stands out right away, especially for a guy. He was tiny.
His stats are way off. We’re easily able to rule him out.

I know he's not Lyle, I just thought I'd mention him in case he's the missing Jonathan the poster on findagrave was referring to.

There's a Reddit thread for this, someone did contact the person that wrote it. It's thought that it's this Jonathan which I doubt

Carl hadn't done a recon for Lyle until the ones you see here, he had always felt they weren't that bad but as we see from his, once he worked with the face muscles he appears different. Carl made the heavy one in case he was heavier at one time. They think he was due to the stretch marks and his belt loops had all been used. If I remember correctly, his pants were a larger size too which would have accounted for the extra weight. Carl had access to all of Lyle's photos, the person that did the regression worked off of everything including the recons.

I agree with you. I don’t think that Jonathan mentioned at find a grave is Jonathan McNabb.
I don’t know, it may just be a hoax. Who knows? People seek attention all the time and this may not be an exception.

I don’t know. Some of his later post-mortem photos look like he is Native American. Although he has orbital edema and his face has some diffuse swelling. His profile does look different compared to pictures taken at the motel room. The immediate post-mortem pictures make it really difficult… well, we know he’s not Asian, he’s not Black… but the options remain open for all ethnic groups/ populations. He more strikes me as Eastern/Southern European or from Northern Middle East/ Caucasus.

Does the absence of shovel teeth rule out any Native American descent?

No, it doesn’t. There are lots of people who look very Native American but are actually mixed. I know at least a few Native Americans. One woman I know she looks extremely ethnic, and guess what, I was pretty shocked to find out that her father was a White man with fair skin and hair. So, no, just because someone looks certain race/ethnicity it doesn’t necessarily mean they have all the defining characteristics of the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1