WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the carnival theories have been discussed to some degree here, and there have been numerous threads on reddit that I am aware of. Just like some of you mentioned above, the traveling carnival does seem to appeal the transient types. Even if Lyle was involved in something like this, it is very easy to imagine that no one remembers or recognizes him due to their lifestyle and the nature of many fleeting relationships involved. If he was the quiet type, then not remembering him becomes far more likely. Years pass and people move on with their lives. Most people don’t go digging info on some random guy that shared something casual, random or transient with them. It’s just the way it goes.

It is true that many cases just don’t have the funding. I understand that. However, it’s a different thing when something gets intentionally ignored because people who are directly involved in this case fail to communicate, gain feedback and attempt to find solutions. My email to the detective was less than 200 words, and I think it was significant to at least merit some sort of feedback or attention. I find Lyle’s case having the high potential to be solved due to info available like pictures, DNA and other details. It is very heartbreaking. It is more frustrating to know that there doesn’t appear to be another recourse where follow-up or further investigation can be prompted. I don’t want to believe that LE simply doesn’t care, but their cold silence and inability to connect surely points to it.

Yes, it is our collective responsibility to identify Lyle and others who have died without being identified. We need that as a society. No matter who they were, they deserve the closure from us.
I don’t want to let this go. I would like to contact Colleen Fitzpatrick but I don’t know how. I don’t have any contact info. I want to do everything I can to help the professionals dig deeper into this.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter how Lyle exited this world. He clearly had many difficult issues to contend with that with time became insurmountable and overwhelming. We shouldn’t be thinking of him as just a person who killed himself and it was his choice. Why this remains true, it does not reduce the need to identify him and have the closure. This world is increasingly turning into a cold place of abandonment and isolation of individuals who pass through life living in pain. This case is representative of who we are, and we should invest our time and effort to make lives around us count even if that happens after one’s death.

I have wondered if this case can have the proper attention if it reaches the right audience like… lawyers, ex-detectives, coroners, etc… sometimes it’s through right attention and focus that cold cases are able to propel forward. I have to consider who I would want to contact regarding this case and hope for further investigation. This is definitely worth the effort. If anyone knows an expert working with forensics or LE, you can put the word out for Lyle

WoW now its Seems to be a criminal investigation

Enviado desde mi ALE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

What makes you say that?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I read it on FB linked yo reddit... Thats why i said it Seems.. no It is

Sorry for my english. No wifi and muy dictionary phone its in spanish as km from Spain so apologize for Any mistakes

I'm never as sure about identifying people like Lyle, Annandale Jane Doe, and "Mary Anderson," who all went to great lengths to hide their name and background. They wanted to end their lives anonymously and I'm not always comfortable with not respecting their wishes.

I feel that way too, but then I think about the kind of pain he must have been in and wonder if his family was looking for him or worried about him? Sometimes when people are suicidal and depressed they believe no one cares. Maybe he (and others) had people who did care but for one reason or another were unable to help him. They wanted to end their lives anonymously but we don't know if they were in their right minds - likely they were irrational and hurting.

Thumbs Up for your thoughts.

What about if he was a killer or id he was murdered this in MHO changes the way i looked ay this case. Not in a bad or good way just changes it completely

What about if he was a killer or id he was murdered this in MHO changes the way i looked ay this case. Not in a bad or good way just changes it completely

That too!

[video=youtube;p7yeDiSY8t4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7yeDiSY8t4[/video]

For the first time today...I saw the photos of the scene. It changed a lot for me, how I am viewing this case. Several things struck me...one...his hair was perfect. I guess, from other experiences and in viewing those, the whole thing seemed very off for me. I also think some of the facial comparisons we are doing are not accounting for *GRAPHIC* the position of rest the belt was on his chin, leaving a divet and the angle of his face in death can cause, for lack of better term, almost a mini-face lift. It looked so staged to me. He definitely looked peaceful. My first thought was IK and his first Washington victims. That is neither here nor there...

Given he covered his identity...and we have theories that he was an overstayer in the country and wanted to cut all ties with family. We could be looking at mental health issues as well. Someone who slipped through the cracks, just kept moving, and hiding his identity was more paranoia or a huge piece of mental illness, and not like LEK or something.

There are two profiles of people that may have been looked at and discarded here, but I would like to link them for thoughts and ideas.

http://missingpersonsdata.com/usa/Montana/missing-recent/case-details/23715 VALEN ROY HOTOMANIE

http://cfapp.vancouver.ca/MissingPersons_wac/MissingPersons.exe CHARLES TROTTIER

For some reason my Websleuths page is coming up strange, so I can't post the pictures....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces