WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical, law, dental students may travel for temporary work-study placements in a variety of settings and later for employment opportunities.imo, speculation.
These things come to mind, speculation, imo.
Pale skin ( studying), clean, good teeth, pen in pocket, considerate/responsible to hotel ( left note/ paid bill ) knowledge of correct "termination method" (cloth under chin, pillows ect)

I agree. He literally had no other scars, he must not have been much of a sportsmen...

Re: the uniball pen left in his pocket. Same kind that my dad uses (a veterinarian), and always has on him so he can *write stuff down.* though I doubt he would be a veterinary student as my dad's pretty beat up from working with animals. although that could explain the work boots? Could they do some kind of analysis on his boots, like the dirt on his boots, to see where he had been traveling?

How can he not have any other scars...If he was raised in Canada, where are his hockey scars?

How do I write this so I don't get sued...In the summer of 2001, I lived in Chicago, IL and at the job I working - had access to *information regarding medical residents* not just in Chicago, but medical residents throughout the US (am I gonna get sued yet?)

Wow, some interesting information...one individual (though he was from Russia, so not "Lyle") would up and leave his medical residency. Be gone for weeks/months. Would just "disappear" . Wouldn't tell *anyone* where he was going. (I guess he just got fed up of the work load). I mean, I never saw a photo of this resident (and if I did, like I would remember it 16 years later...) That's all I can I write - don't wanna be sued - but I happened to be there the day they were discussing his situation with a residency director.

"Lyle" kinda/sorta fits the profile of a medical student or medical resident, IMO. Pale. Highly sensitive individual: the first room is *too noisy* & then blocks out the light with a bedspread in the second room (highly sensitive people need a dark, quiet room to sleep in). He fits the profile of a high achiever because he was so conscientious: paying for the room, cleaning up his room (taking out the trash?), cleaning himself up. He dotted the i's and crossed the t's. Just a guess, he spent a lot of time "putting his affairs in order" ...perhaps that's what he spent his last couple of days doing.

I surmise that he didn't let the maid clean his room Sunday b/c he may have already been setting up/practicing for the suicide. He didn't let her in & was rude....I'm guessing he had something to hide.

Regarding the maid confessing *now* (15 years later?) she heard voices on that Sunday, what an odd thing to say? I'm not sure what to think of it...don't really believe her, but at the same time, given the tragicness of the situation, it is a comforting thought to imagine "Lyle" had a friend/lover/whatever there on his last day (but because she didn't tell the police initially, I kinda doubt it's true...I just know that personally I would say any tidbit of information to the police immediately, not wait 15 years to admit something).

Is it possible to check *students who would have dropped out - of either medical school (osteopathic or allopathic programs), or residency programs, in the prior months? and/or were dismissed or fired from their programs? (If he was fired or dropped out - Sept would certainly be a depressing time for him...then add the Sept 11 tragedy) Could he not afford medical school any longer, or was he being cut off financially? How accurate are those isotope analysis? Is he definitely from the United States? (If so, then he wouldn't be that Russian resident, who had "vanished" mysteriously from numerous programs & was being let go in summer of 2001).

I don't want to send anyone down the wrong path, because I could be completely wrong, but those are some of my thoughts. He just has a lot of attributes of my doctor friends; extremely clean and neat, and OCD ish. Clean clothes. Clean room. Perfect teeth.

I still do question if he was murdered though...just b/c *no one* identifies him....that's so *weird*

Granted, this story is not well circulated at all. I lived in WA state for two years and never heard of it.

Also, I read an article that speculated that surmised that "Lyle" was not well read. That seems like a stretch. Even the fact that he picked up the local paper is a bit telling to me...curious people like to read, even just local news. If he was unread, he would just watch boring TV...

A bit of a morbid thought, but was he reading the local paper knowing that he would *soon be in it* as a suicide victim? Those r my opinions....

Plus, his suicide was so clean & neat ...like a doctor would do it. Yet no prescription drugs to link him to any name.

They should make a YouTube video on "My last Days" ...what this suicide victim story needs is more circulation, in my opinion, then it will be solved.

I was reading this https://whokilledwho.org/2015/05/09/the-peculiar-case-of-lyle-stevik/ Article and someone commented that he/she thought he was Metis (french word - I don't know how to type the accent), which means : mixed native american & European settlers in CANADA.

I quick google search brought up some pictures that ...honestly I could see a resemblance. I still think he is Native American, or 50/50 White/N.A.

ALSO, interesting fact: Native American people have all of their dentistry paid for *for free* by the government of Canada, it's just one of the benefits of being Native American in this country (I'm so jealous!) I'm not sure about orthodontia, I will have to ask my friend.

But perhaps if his teeth were bad enough, orthodontia would be paid for as well (at the recommendation of his dentist? Not sure if I'm grasping at straws, but I'm trying to draw a conclusion)

Just adding that b/c people comment about his near-perfect teeth so much, which is a distinguishing feature for a man.

If the dentist thing is true, wouldn't they have been able to find his identity via dental records?

I agree. He literally had no other scars, he must not have been much of a sportsmen...

Re: the uniball pen left in his pocket. Same kind that my dad uses (a veterinarian), and always has on him so he can *write stuff down.* though I doubt he would be a veterinary student as my dad's pretty beat up from working with animals. although that could explain the work boots? Could they do some kind of analysis on his boots, like the dirt on his boots, to see where he had been traveling?

How can he not have any other scars...If he was raised in Canada, where are his hockey scars?

How do I write this so I don't get sued...In the summer of 2001, I lived in Chicago, IL and at the job I working - had access to *information regarding medical residents* not just in Chicago, but medical residents throughout the US (am I gonna get sued yet?)

Wow, some interesting information...one individual (though he was from Russia, so not "Lyle") would up and leave his medical residency. Be gone for weeks/months. Would just "disappear" . Wouldn't tell *anyone* where he was going. (I guess he just got fed up of the work load). I mean, I never saw a photo of this resident (and if I did, like I would remember it 16 years later...) That's all I can I write - don't wanna be sued - but I happened to be there the day they were discussing his situation with a residency director.

"Lyle" kinda/sorta fits the profile of a medical student or medical resident, IMO. Pale. Highly sensitive individual: the first room is *too noisy* & then blocks out the light with a bedspread in the second room (highly sensitive people need a dark, quiet room to sleep in). He fits the profile of a high achiever because he was so conscientious: paying for the room, cleaning up his room (taking out the trash?), cleaning himself up. He dotted the i's and crossed the t's. Just a guess, he spent a lot of time "putting his affairs in order" ...perhaps that's what the last couple of days were for.

Is it possible to check *students who would have dropped out - of either medical school (osteopathic or allopathic programs), or residency programs, in the prior months? and/or were dismissed or fired from their programs? Could he not afford medical school any longer, or was he being cut off financially? How accurate are those isotope analysis? Is he definitely from the United States? (If so, then he wouldn't be that Russian resident, who had "vanished" mysteriously from numerous programs & was being let go in summer of 2001).

I don't want to send anyone down the wrong path, because I could be completely wrong, but those are some of my thoughts. He just has a lot of attributes of my doctor friends; extremely clean and neat, and OCD ish. Clean clothes. Clean room. Perfect teeth.

Either that, or he was murdered.

BBM
Not everyone in Canada plays hockey, and not everyone who plays hockey has scars.

He doesn't look "Metis". Not all Native people get free federal health care benefits, one would have to be registered as a First Nations person in order to qualify for the health benefits. The dental coverage is also very basic, nothing extensive.
His features also match those found in various ethnic groups of European/Asian cultures. He stands out because he doesn't have "Anglo-Saxon" or "All American Boy" features.
He wasn't pale, it was noted that he didn't have signs of a "sun tan" or being outdoors very much.
To me, this could be for a variety of reasons: maybe he was in a mental health institution, maybe he worked indoors for long periods of time, maybe he was so depressed he rarely left his home during the daytime. For now, we don't know.

If the dentist thing is true, wouldn't they have been able to find his identity via dental records?

It would be easier to do in Canada, because there's a much smaller population here, compared to the US.

But I believe that his "isotope analysis results" show that he was raised in the Great Lakes Region? Not sure how much of Canada that includes (though obviously, Canada provinces around the Great Lakes.) I'm not sure exactly how far the map extends.

...The dental coverage is also very basic, nothing extensive...

I have a friend who is Native American here (I'm in Canada) and I was under the impression that it was ALL covered and he had excellent dental benefits. Perhaps it varies by Province/Tribe?

I still think "Lyle" looks Metis, esp. his profile.

Here's info on the dental benefits for Native Americans/First Nations. Of course these benefits could have changed drastically through the years. https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/first-nations-inuit-dental-benefit-information.html

BBM
Not everyone in Canada plays hockey, and not everyone who plays hockey has scars.

I was just saying this tongue-and-cheek, actually!!! 'cause Canada has the reputation of "everyone" playing hockey.

shouldn't mentioned I was only half serious..THX!

Also, if "Lyle" was a med student/resident/intern...perhaps he didn't "match" for a residency program. Pale skin could mean studying for boards. Just my opinion...

It would be easier to do in Canada, because there's a much smaller population here, compared to the US.

But I believe that his "isotope analysis results" show that he was raised in the Great Lakes Region? Not sure how much of Canada that includes (though obviously, Canada provinces around the Great Lakes.) I'm not sure exactly how far the map extends.

The isotopes report for Lyle Stevik is something I find interesting. http://reallifeishorror.blogspot.ca/2017/03/who-was-lyle-stevik-grays-harbor-county.html
If he had moved back to the area he was found deceased two months prior and moved away 1 month prior; my question is: where did he stay and did he visit anyone. What brought him back to the area more than once?
The idea that he possibly returned to the area of his childhood within 12 months before his death seems possible, but again, who was he visiting, where did he stay. When someone moves around as much as he did, it's likely people don't consider the person missing.

"Lyle" kinda/sorta fits the profile of a medical student or medical resident, IMO. Pale. Highly sensitive individual: the first room is *too noisy* & then blocks out the light with a bedspread in the second room (highly sensitive people need a dark, quiet room to sleep in). He fits the profile of a high achiever because he was so conscientious: paying for the room, cleaning up his room (taking out the trash?), cleaning himself up. He dotted the i's and crossed the t's. Just a guess, he spent a lot of time "putting his affairs in order" ...perhaps that's what he spent his last couple of days doing.

I surmise that he didn't let the maid clean his room Sunday b/c he may have already been setting up/practicing for the suicide. He didn't let her in & was rude....I'm guessing he had something to hide.

Regarding the maid confessing *now* (15 years later?) she heard voices on that Sunday, what an odd thing to say? I'm not sure what to think of it...don't really believe her, but at the same time, given the tragicness of the situation, it is a comforting thought to imagine "Lyle" had a friend/lover/whatever there on his last day (but because she didn't tell the police initially, I kinda doubt it's true...I just know that personally I would say any tidbit of information to the police immediately, not wait 15 years to admit something).

Is it possible to check *students who would have dropped out - of either medical school (osteopathic or allopathic programs), or residency programs, in the prior months? and/or were dismissed or fired from their programs? (If he was fired or dropped out - Sept would certainly be a depressing time for him...then add the Sept 11 tragedy) Could he not afford medical school any longer, or was he being cut off financially? How accurate are those isotope analysis? Is he definitely from the United States? (If so, then he wouldn't be that Russian resident, who had "vanished" mysteriously from numerous programs & was being let go in summer of 2001).

I still do question if he was murdered though...just b/c *no one* identifies him....that's so *weird*

Granted, this story is not well circulated at all. I lived in WA state for two years and never heard of it.

Also, I read an article that speculated that surmised that "Lyle" was not well read. That seems like a stretch. Even the fact that he picked up the local paper is a bit telling to me...curious people like to read, even just local news. If he was unread, he would just watch boring TV...

A bit of a morbid thought, but was he reading the local paper knowing that he would *soon be in it* as a suicide victim? Those r my opinions....

Plus, his suicide was so clean & neat ...like a doctor would do it. Yet no prescription drugs to link him to any name.

They should make a YouTube video on "My last Days" ...what this suicide victim story needs is more circulation, in my opinion, then it will be solved.

I don't think you have to sorry about being sued.

You do bring up a good point, his boots and clothes. They could do pollen on them like they did with Buckskin girl if the clothes or boots were preserved correctly. That may tell them where he'd most recently came from. Wish they had the toothpaste tube.

I honestly doubt he's Native American. Shovel teeth are not noted.

I wish we could identify him so he can rest in peace. I'm sure he never imagined he'd be larger in death and known by tons of people then he was alive.

I was just saying this tongue-and-cheek, actually!!! 'cause Canada has the reputation of "everyone" playing hockey.

shouldn't mentioned I was only half serious..THX!

Also, if "Lyle" was a med student/resident/intern...perhaps he didn't "match" for a residency program. Pale skin could mean studying for boards. Just my opinion...

IIRC, it was thought he had lost a great deal of weight in the months prior to his death? The pale skin could be an indication of housebound due to illness. ?

IIRC, it was thought he had lost a great deal of weight in the months prior to his death? The pale skin could be an indication of housebound due to illness. ?

Again, I don't recall any documents mentioning that he was pale.

It was mentioned that he had the curtains closed at the motel. I wonder if this was something he did often (keeping the curtains closed), if so, this could also contribute to his lack of a "summer tan".

Again, I don't recall any documents mentioning that he was pale.

It was mentioned that he had the curtains closed at the motel. I wonder if this was something he did often (keeping the curtains closed), if so, this could also contribute to his lack of a "summer tan".

I think the detective had said he didn't have any tan lines. But I don't recall him saying LS was pale.

I think the "pacing on the highway" may have been in contemplation of committing suicide by stepping into traffic. Otherwise he could have paced around his room, which wouldn't have drawn attention. And the darkness in the room- I'd toss that up to privacy and possible depression. Yes, his pictures look like he was emaciated. Some things I considered- recent release from jail, armed services, some kind of treatment center.

I think the detective had said he didn't have any tan lines. But I don't recall him saying LS was pale.

Correct, he is listed as having a medium to dark complexion. That's why I'm confused as to why people think he was pale.

Correct, he is listed as having a medium to dark complexion. That's why I'm confused as to why people think he was pale.

Right, he wasn’t pale because he had a darker base complexion. He didn’t have tan lines (farmer’s tan) that even a person of color will if they spend a bit time in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to interrupt the convo. I've just been thinking about this.

I've mentioned him before but could he be Shawn Jones, 14 years old missing in 1993 from Ontario?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/593dmon.html

Shawn would have been 22 years old in 2001 (Lyle was 20-30 years old)

He is native with a fair complexion with light eyes like Lyle.

Shawn weighted more than Lyle, but Lyle was believed to have had lost quite a bit of weight prior to his death.

The height is a few inches off but Shawn was only 14.

I check often and Shawn's not in the rule out list.

In the circumstances if Lyle is Shawn the questions would be:
*How did he survive on his own from 1993-2001 in his teens?
*Where is his cousin Leslie?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Folks, please do not bring info from reddit into discussion here at Websleuths. We have no way of verifying the source and it is therefore considered rumor. The convo has been removed.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member