WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubber tramping is living in your car and the OP there knows him as Bob. I'm also active on that forum. It's about Robert G Jones who was a check forgerer and Op's friend thinks Lyle is that person.

Rubber tramping is living in your car and the OP there knows him as Bob. I'm also active on that forum. It's about Robert G Jones who was a check forgerer and Op's friend thinks Lyle is that person.
Thank you. I'd never run across that term before.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

According to a Reddit moderator Robert Jones is not Lyle.

Moderator's comment: "This is not Lyle. I spoke to someone at Portage Police Dept. -- He was last seen October of 2001 and was taken to Lake County Jail at that time."

I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed. I got excited there for a minute.

Damn. Add him to the ever growing list of exclusions :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there! I became aware of this case just last night and quickly found my way here. I would like to know whether Ilija Dukic from Croatia was ruled out at some point, and if so, how? Looking at the photographs, I am convinced that is the real identity of Lyle Stevik. Obviously there are minor differences in appearance that come with age, weight loss, swelling associated with death, and precise angles from which each photograph was taken, but all of the pertinent details that can be discerned in each photo match up beautifully. It is not just the chin, the brows, the accent, or the fact that his ethnic appearance is hard for us in the US to ascertain (we aren't all that accustomed to dealing with Croats in the US!), but even the shape and placement of each eye is spot on. You will notice he has that minor asymmetry, and that it matches in each photo.

attachment.php
attachment.php

http://www.nestali.hr/default.aspx?id=22&osoba_id=1028

Attachments

• 220px-Stevik_body.jpg
    220px-Stevik_body.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 221
  • osoba_ID_1028.jpg
    osoba_ID_1028.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 221
The nature of the photos, especially the limitations imposed by that known to be of Ilija, make a comparison of the ears difficult, but I think that they are close enough. The height of the right ear relative to that eye brow, for instance, appears spot on, and the photo of Ilija does not rule out an attached earlobe by any stretch.

http://i.imgur.com/lDQejg8.jpg

I thought this for a while too until I saw this video of Ilija. They're definitely two different people.

[video=youtube;ks_YnmuArrs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks_YnmuArrs&t=42s[/video]

Hi there! I became aware of this case just last night and quickly found my way here. I would like to know whether Ilija Dukic from Croatia was ruled out at some point, and if so, how? Looking at the photographs, I am convinced that is the real identity of Lyle Stevik. Obviously there are minor differences in appearance that come with age, weight loss, swelling associated with death, and precise angles from which each photograph was taken, but all of the pertinent details that can be discerned in each photo match up beautifully. It is not just the chin, the brows, the accent, or the fact that his ethnic appearance is hard for us in the US to ascertain (we aren't all that accustomed to dealing with Croats in the US!), but even the shape and placement of each eye is spot on. You will notice he has that minor asymmetry, and that it matches in each photo.

http://www.nestali.hr/default.aspx?id=22&osoba_id=1028

Yes. We looked at him. And there is another missing from Greece too. I can't remember why our sleuthers said no. I always thought he was a Visa overstayer. Trying to get out of the USA by the ferries to Canada, but security tightened up after 9/11.

There are multiple here that could be a good match...the links are not working right now.

His isotope test results don't exactly point at Croatia. I don't think Ilija is our guy.

Margaret Elaine Cohen, later married name Riley and later again Diaz reminds me a lot of Lyle. She went missing on 4 July 1988, her 32th birthday, in Tacoma WA. She has a thread here.diaz_margaret.jpg

This is the only pic of her. It is said to be around 1988 but I think more like 1978. She's part Caucasian part African American. Cohen must mean also Jewish ancestry.

Something else, the only two men with similar upper lips I can think of are Tom Berenger and Marlon Brando. Those lips are imo very rare in men.

Margaret Elaine Cohen, later married name Riley and later again Diaz reminds me a lot of Lyle. She went missing on 4 July 1988, her 32th birthday, in Tacoma WA. She has a thread here.
attachment.php

This is the only pic of her. It is said to be around 1988 but I think more like 1978. She's part Caucasian part African American. Cohen must mean also Jewish ancestry.

Something else, the only two men with similar upper lips I can think of are Tom Berenger and Marlon Brando. Those lips are imo very rare in men.

No way, I would say.

Anyway, wow! Features really seem to match well, so it surprises me that Ilija is not our man. I'll wager that his real identity will never be found out, then. Thanks all for your kind and informative responses, at any rate.

Forget the isotope results. llija looks nothing like Lyle.

I have always believed that if I saw Lyle's picture, I would know immediately that it was him. He had very distinct features that are easily identifiable. Unfortunately, there has never even been anything clos... yet! (staying hopeful!)

Forget the isotope results. llija looks nothing like Lyle.

I have always believed that if I saw Lyle's picture, I would know immediately that it was him. He had very distinct features that are easily identifiable. Unfortunately, there has never even been anything clos... yet! (staying hopeful!)

BBM.

What? It's not as if he looks nothing like him at all. There really is no need to be so rude about someone's suggestions.

I will add my 2 cents...

1) Native American blood. Perhaps half Native/half White. I have friends who are N.A. (Or partially) and LS has similar facial features. To me, he is *so clearly* Native American blood.

2) College Educated, or some college, at least.

Perhaps dropped out before graduating. Remember the 90's were an affluent time in American history. Tuition has since 3x or 4x as much, but college was more affordable in the 90's (sad but true...and I'm sorry millennials)

3) I think he read the Joyce Carol Oates book, and the name stuck. He used it as a reference because of the suicide in the book.

I was reading this https://whokilledwho.org/2015/05/09/the-peculiar-case-of-lyle-stevik/ Article and someone commented that he/she thought he was Metis (french word - I don't know how to type the accent), which means : mixed native american & European settlers in CANADA.

I quick google search brought up some pictures that ...honestly I could see a resemblance. I still think he is Native American, or 50/50 White/N.A.

ALSO, interesting fact: Native American people have all of their dentistry paid for *for free* by the government of Canada, it's just one of the benefits of being Native American in this country (I'm so jealous!) I'm not sure about orthodontia, I will have to ask my friend.

But perhaps if his teeth were bad enough, orthodontia would be paid for as well (at the recommendation of his dentist? Not sure if I'm grasping at straws, but I'm trying to draw a conclusion)

Just adding that b/c people comment about his near-perfect teeth so much, which is a distinguishing feature for a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme