WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It varies widely; my brother barely knows how to use his flip phone and he's two years younger than me.
LOL I still have a flip phone, and I just figured out how to answer the call waiting on it. I had to call and ask, because hubby didn't know, either, and he has a smart phone!

Off topic but on my feed on tapatalk, this thread has a large (IMO) pic of lyle from the crime scene, hanging. (I don’t think crime scene is the right word but it’s escaping me). I’ve seen all of the pics before, but it’s unsettling to see it every time I open my feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have, found nothing. Anyways, around the inet I have read remarks about Lyle like types in Canada, like the Native Indiana in Winnipeg.

Actually Lyle still had a tiny love handle. Visible on pic with the T-shirt pulled up. He may have been scrawny by nature. The size of the clothes means nothing.

Off topic but on my feed on tapatalk, this thread has a large (IMO) pic of lyle from the crime scene, hanging. (I don’t think crime scene is the right word but it’s escaping me). I’ve seen all of the pics before, but it’s unsettling to see it every time I open my feed.

I don't have Tapatalk so am curious where it's coming from because I don't think it's posted in the thread.

I don't have Tapatalk so am curious where it's coming from because I don't think it's posted in the thread.
I'm wondering if there is a link to the photos on the thread. On another forum that uses Tapatalk we've noticed pictures pop up from a link not ones necessarily actually posted. I see it as well and is unsettling.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No, I was really just meaning that over the last few years there have been so many cold case UIDs spread far and wide via blogs, SM and podcasts and some identified this way that it’s so surprising to me when absolutely no one steps up and says “This guy looks like someone I went to school with” or “this woman looks like a lady who used to stop by my corner store” or whatever.

It's pretty rare that Does are identified online. Grateful Doe/ Jason was; that took a lot of work with a lot of people using every form of social media at once after his roommate happened to see greymetals photo on imgur. People were even posting on Craigslist. This is after GD's story had been on multiple FB pages, here, news articles and TV I believe. I know of a few others such as the Jane Doe in CA that was originally from Canada. One of her friends saw her on Doe Network I believe. I've been here since 09, I don't follow many cases but from what I've seen more people have matched with NamUs via DNA, dentals or prints then someone seeing a Doe on social media thinking it's their friend.

My hub is 60, he's not on FB. I have an old friend that's almost 50 who isn't online. A neighbor of mine only recently joined FB.

I think that maybe in 5 more years we may see more Does being identified via social media.

I can tell you that it takes a lot of work to have a successful FB or other social media page that has a lot of followers in order for people to even see the MP or UP. Add to that that most recons probably aren't as accurate yet as they should be. The recon has to be accurate for the person to realize it may be their friend.

I'm wondering if there is a link to the photos on the thread. On another forum that uses Tapatalk we've noticed pictures pop up from a link not ones necessarily actually posted. I see it as well and is unsettling.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes it’s very likely it’s from a link.

It’s just really unsettling to see when I open tapatalk. The other times I’ve viewed the post mortum pics, it was on my own accord. But now it’s popping up without my consent lol. Trust me, I don’t want to use tapatalk. But I can’t access the mobile site for some reason. So I have no choice.

The picture that pops is extremely unsettling. But I have to say he is beautiful. Had I not seen this pop, I would have continued to view him as I see in the reconstructions- which wasn’t Asia’s a handsome young man. Based on this haunting picture, this was a very good looking guy.

Yes it’s very likely it’s from a link.

It’s just really unsettling to see when I open tapatalk. The other times I’ve viewed the post mortum pics, it was on my own accord. But now it’s popping up without my consent lol. Trust me, I don’t want to use tapatalk. But I can’t access the mobile site for some reason. So I have no choice.

I agree, I am particularly one that can't handle PM at times. I really appreciate when sites have warnings and 'click here for PM' options. The one's I can't deal with are eyes open ones, or orange socks and beloved doe.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Looks like someone I remember- dated. Half Mexican half German or English

I agree, I am particularly one that can't handle PM at times. I really appreciate when sites have warnings and 'click here for PM' options. The one's I can't deal with are eyes open ones, or orange socks and beloved doe.

agree. I’m actually not usually squeamish with things like this, but I just don’t like it in my face all the time when I’m just scrolling thru my feed and minding my own business. Maybe I’ll just unsubscribe from the thread to save myself the cringe.

It’s peculiar photo no? Is this “neck stretch” (sorry to be crude) normal?

It’s peculiar photo no? Is this “neck stretch” (sorry to be crude) normal?

It’s him hanging dead, so I’d say it’s not a normal picture. I’d just prefer to not see it when I open tapatalk.

It’s him hanging dead, so I’d say it’s not a normal picture. I’d just prefer to not see it when I open tapatalk.

Me either. It is so disturbing.

I found a new entry on the charley project. If it's not Lyle his story may be similar.

http://charleyproject.org/cases/d/duhart_dennis.html

Dennis appeared to have voluntarily left his life in 1996. The day he went missing he called in sick and left his parents a strange note saying, "I'm sorry it had to come to this". His family got strange hang- up calls until 1997.

Before someone says it, he doesn't look like Lyle, but then again if he had lost a lot of weight he may look different.

Did Lyle's isotopes match to Missouri? Google is doing it to me now! Showing me every one of his PM's!

I don't even subscribe to this thread and still see it. Just by looking at recent posts in general. Quite shocked.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

I found a new entry on the charley project. If it's not Lyle his story may be similar.

Dennis appeared to have voluntarily left his life in 1996. The day he went missing he called in sick and left his parents a strange note saying, "I'm sorry it had to come to this". His family got strange hang- up calls until 1997.

Before someone says it, he doesn't look like Lyle, but then again if he had lost a lot of weight he may look different.

Did Lyle's isotopes match to Missouri? Google is doing it to me now! Showing me every one of his PM's!

Dennis has been ruled out based on "vitals" according to Lyle's exclusion spreadsheet. I got excited for a minute. There is not much on Dennis at all though which is very sad to me.

I couldn't find anything relating Lyle Stevik to Missouri, but I don't think Dennis should be ruled out just yet.

Your link wouldn't work for me. Here's an updated link:http://charleyproject.org/case/dennis-w-duhart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member