WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phish, Spin Doctors and Widespread Panic, Blues Traveler -- none had as consistent a following as the Dead but they did have their devotees who would follow them around, sometimes following multiple groups around (e.g., both Phish and the Spin Doctors), and there was a lot of overlap between those groups and deadheads who didn't have an outlet after Jerry Garcia died. FWIW, he looks more like a Nirvana fan to me than the stereotype of someone who was really into Phish, but of course you can't tell a book by its cover.

Thanks. I'll start snooping around eBay for tickets and tour books. I'm looking at the Dave Matthews Band as well, they did a lot of touring in 2000/2001 and I've compiled dates for 3 different months of their 2000s shows.

Thanks. I'll start snooping around eBay for tickets and tour books. I'm looking at the Dave Matthews Band as well, they did a lot of touring in 2000/2001 and I've compiled dates for 3 different months of their 2000s shows.

Matchbox Twenty was very popular back then too. My son was very into them and Rob Thomas They had a tour in 2001 Mad Season Tour

2001 ROCK Top 100 Songs Of The Year

Matchbox Twenty was very popular back then too. My son was very into them and Rob Thomas They had a tour in 2001 Mad Season Tour

2001 ROCK Top 100 Songs Of The Year

I looked up Spin Doctors, Blues Traveler and Phish. None of them were touring around that time; the only show that is listed for any of them is one by Spin Doctors at Wetlands in NY during their closing celebration. Actually, I would bet that Blues Traveler played that, too, since both bands got their start at Wetlands, but it wasn't listed as a Blues Traveler tour date. Ditto for Phish, which otherwise was on hiatus that year.

I think nearly any band of any size can have traveling groupies, and not just rock and pop bands. Even gospel groups and barbershop quartets. I knew a guy who was a championship fiddler who had the same Volkswagen bus full of six over-sixty women in the front row whenever he played in a fiddle competition.

Personally I can't picture Lyle as a groupie for any band of any kind. But that's just me.

are you talking about the guy in the grey and white t-shirt! Wow! he looks identical .....

Hello, everyone-
I apologize for not contributing any new knowledge, but like all of you I have been deeply touched by this case and that fact that this man has gone without a name for so long. That being said, I wanted to let you know that every year on the 16th or 17th, I make one paper crane for each year that has gone by since Lyle's death. I put his name on the backs of them and leave them in public places for others to find. This year I will make 15 cranes, and hope that maybe next year I won't have to make any. It's not much, but I want people to remember him, and to invite you to join me.

Hello, everyone-
I apologize for not contributing any new knowledge, but like all of you I have been deeply touched by this case and that fact that this man has gone without a name for so long. That being said, I wanted to let you know that every year on the 16th or 17th, I make one paper crane for each year that has gone by since Lyle's death. I put his name on the backs of them and leave them in public places for others to find. This year I will make 15 cranes, and hope that maybe next year I won't have to make any. It's not much, but I want people to remember him, and to invite you to join me.

Cool idea, hard to believe it has been 15 years already!

I have always thought Lyle was from another country. And I do think there is a connection to 9/11 and Lyle. Perhaps, thankfully, he failed to complete his assigned task. There are about 6,000 missing foreign nationals on student visas that seemingly have vanished over the years. One of the 9/11 attackers was one of those. I don't think Lyle will be reported missing in the traditional sense. But, I do think his identity might be sitting in a file in immigration some where. Mind you he would have arrived before the heavy biometrics screenings, finger printing, heightened security, and what not. Thoughts?

Rest in eternal peace, Lyle.

As for the student visa angle, I'm not sure how it was done back then. I will say in 2011 my husband and I applied for his IR1 visa, and to my knowledge, he wasn't fingerprinted. We applied for his citizenship a month ago, and he *will* be fingerprinted for that.

There's a chance the procedures have changed greatly since 2001, but I think it's definitely an angle to explore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There pretty much wasn't a procedure for student visas if you were from a European country. This according to my neighbor who came over in the 90's to go to grad school and just stayed after she got her PhD.

RIP Lyle!

Lyle, may you rest in peace and be comforted by the fact that there are so many people on this board and others that are dedicated to finding out your story, and giving you your name back...Fly High...

I'm walking in the local, annual out of the darkness walk tomorrow. And once again, I'm doing it in memory of Lyle and Annandale Jane Doe.

I'm walking in the local, annual out of the darkness walk tomorrow. And once again, I'm doing it in memory of Lyle and Annandale Jane Doe.

Once again, thank you.

Thanks Astridxx, good to see you back, I have always enjoyed your post...

Thanks Astridxx, good to see you back, I have always enjoyed your post...

Aw thank you dear [emoji5][emoji5] idk what it is about autumn, but it always stirs me to come back to websleuths.

Aw thank you dear [emoji5][emoji5] idk what it is about autumn, but it always stirs me to come back to websleuths.

Great minds , think alike!!! Me too...[emoji2]

I'd like to put forward a possible match. I havent read through all the threads, but he hasn't been ruled out buy namus.

Jason O'Dongahey:

Aliases: O DONOGHUI, Jason Kelly
Missing since: March 26, 1991
Year of birth:1971
Age atdisappearance: 19
Bio group: Aboriginal
Eye colour: Brown
Hair: Black, Long, Short on top, long at bottom
Height: 180cm / 5 ft 11 in to 183cm / 6 ft 0 in
Weight: 61kg / 134lb to 71kg / 157lb
Complexion: Dark

Circumstance:

On March 30, 1991, Jason O'Donaghey's roommate contacted police and reported him missing as he had not been seen for 3 days. There were rumours that Jason left North Vancouver voluntarily but his whereabouts are still unknown. He was a talented artist who may be making a living by selling aboriginal carvings.

<modsnip>

That is the only photo he has, but I just wanted to say of all the missing people i've looked at, he is the ONLY one with eyebrows that even come close. He also has a facial mole in the same location. Thoughts? Should I send it in?

I'd like to put forward a possible match. I havent read through all the threads, but he hasn't been ruled out buy namus.

Jason O'Dongahey:

Aliases: O DONOGHUI, Jason Kelly
Missing since: March 26, 1991
Year of birth:1971
Age atdisappearance: 19
Bio group: Aboriginal
Eye colour: Brown
Hair: Black, Long, Short on top, long at bottom
Height: 180cm / 5 ft 11 in to 183cm / 6 ft 0 in
Weight: 61kg / 134lb to 71kg / 157lb
Complexion: Dark

Circumstance:

On March 30, 1991, Jason O'Donaghey's roommate contacted police and reported him missing as he had not been seen for 3 days. There were rumours that Jason left North Vancouver voluntarily but his whereabouts are still unknown. He was a talented artist who may be making a living by selling aboriginal carvings.

<modsnip>

That is the only photo he has, but I just wanted to say of all the missing people i've looked at, he is the ONLY one with eyebrows that even come close. He also has a facial mole in the same location. Thoughts? Should I send it in?

Looks very interesting, the mole and especially the part about being an artist! imo.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4869dmbc.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member