WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks very interesting, the mole and especially the part about being an artist! imo.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4869dmbc.html
That's what I thought as well. Especially about the artist part, seems like someone who might give themselves another name.
The book with the name Lyle Stevick was released in 1987, and he went missing in 1991. I'm wondering if the book was popular at all.

I also think the outline of the jaw/chin fits well. I'll wait for a bit more feedback then submit if others also think it could be a match! Thanks for your input.

its a shame thats the only picture avaliable, its not the best.

I think you should send it in.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just sent it in. It is a shame there isn't more than that photo, it would be nice to see what his actual eye/skin color is!

I'm glad i'm not the only one who sees some resemblance.

I see a resemblance. I don't think the chin is square enough but that could just be Jason's expression and the angle of his photo.

I don't know if this was ever brought up before, but you know how there is a lot of speculation that Lyle took his name from the Joyce Carol Oates book? It just popped in my head that Archie Bunker's son in law on All in the Family was Mike Stivic. If Lyle is estimated to be born around 1966 he'd be old enough to remember the show and may have taken his alias from there, though misspelled.

For anyone looking for Lyle, I just wanted to mention that even though he looks white/native/hispanic, there could be a possibility he is at least somewhat asian.

My husband is from Taiwan. There are 2 types of asian people here. The first is han chinese (light skin, fine features), the second are aborigines native to Taiwan. They have darker (olive skin tone) and broader features. My husbands chin and brown ridge especially match Lyle (his nose and eyes dont).

Just thought i'd put that out there. Before I moved to asia, I thought of asians as having very fine features, and I never would have thought of someone like Lyle as potentially being part asian.

For anyone looking for Lyle, I just wanted to mention that even though he looks white/native/hispanic, there could be a possibility he is at least somewhat asian.

My husband is from Taiwan. There are 2 types of asian people here. The first is han chinese (light skin, fine features), the second are aborigines native to Taiwan. They have darker (olive skin tone) and broader features. My husbands chin and brown ridge especially match Lyle (his nose and eyes dont).

Just thought i'd put that out there. Before I moved to asia, I thought of asians as having very fine features, and I never would have thought of someone like Lyle as potentially being part asian.

Really, he could be almost any ethnic background...

Yes, he really could be.

The 9/11 student visa angle is really interesting! If he was coming to the US for that purpose, we probably won't ever have an ID. :(

I see a possibility of Asian features in his eyes, mainly in the crime scene photos.

Just in case, fwiw - this mp was last seen in the U.S.
http://www.zaginieni.pl/profile/?o=5862
attachment.php

Zbigniew Zalewski case no.( 07-0874)

Current Age:
lat 54

Date of disappearance:
1986/12/04

Age on the day of disappearance:
lat 25

Height:
170 cm

Eye colour:

Distinguishing marks:
tatuaże na obydwu rękach

Last known whereabouts:
USA

Stany Zjednoczone (USA)

Attachments

• 07_0874.jpg
    07_0874.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 359
Your puter is as dangerous as mine is CB! :floorlaugh: I'd hate to see LE's expressions if they ever confiscated mine!

They'd never let me see the light of day again :)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4869dmbc.html

Interesting article about Jason being considered for one of the Picton pig farm victims: http://www.missingpeople.net/unmatched_pig-farm_dna_expands_probe-sept_30,_2002.htm

But it sounds like they do have DNA for him.
Ah carbuff sorry, I just realized what you meant! Haha, wow, I don't think i should be looking for anyone! Sometimes i'm dumb as nails.

Yeah, I hope they have DNA for him, but on the doe website it says they dont. I wonder if they were going to use his relatives DNA?

At least Indian/Pakistani-Asian! I thought about this just a few days ago

The recent identification of Lori Ruff/Kimberly McLean gives me so much hope for Lyle Steviks case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required