Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Molly,
The more I read of Warren Jeffs, the more convinced I am that this man is nothing more than a common criminal.

Does anyone know how it's handled if Warren Jeffs is convicted of the charges in the Arizona case? Will he serve his sentence in Utah, and when he's eventually paroled be turned over to Arizona to begin serving his sentence there? Or will the Utah and Arizona courts agree to Jeffs serving his sentences concurrent in one state, or consecutive in one state?
From what I read once Utah's sentence is served AZ gets him, although we'll hear more about that depending on if he's convicted in AZ and depending on sentencing there. He's got two consecutive five year sentences to life and his parole hearing is November 2010 in Utah.

"Everyone with a first-degree sex offense has a hearing after three years automatically," said Jim Hatch, parole board spokesman. "It's pursuant to our administrative rules." "The hearing does not mean Jeffs would be released from prison at that time. Instead, it is his first chance to appear before the parole board, which reviews his presentence report, criminal history and guidelines on how much time he could serve. There is also input from the Utah Department of Corrections, and victims of a crime are allowed to speak at the hearing."

According to one blog or article I read. He married all of his father's widows and they had no choice in the matter. They considered themselves his mothers so it was like being forced to be married to your son.

Didn't his father have 75 widows? I read that online recently too.
The reports of how many widows there were seems to fluctuate between 60 and 75, and one journalist called Warren the man with 80 wives. Regardless, there were a lot. All of his father's wives were married to him with the exception of 2. One seized the opportunity and left the FLDS immediately and the other point blank refused. Warren was furious and sent her back to her father with the edict that she would never be allowed to remarry.

Well geeze - he has only 40 or so wives now - did he give some away? Put some "out to pasture"? I mean what do you do with ones "old wives"? The one he got arrested with was only in her mid-30's - probably "middle aged" in the FLDS World. Maybe like horses, you "stable" the young fillies with an experienced "brood mare" to keep them calm and "sweet" in your absence. I mean Warren was a busy man and even with 40 wives (and not 75) it must have been hard to "wrangle" the whole bunch on his own with constantly bringing in new younger "stock" and all.

And yeah - Warren, his brother and the "wife" in the "RED" Cadillac Escalade were NOT dressed in "prairie chic" and were NOT wearing the long underwear and 3 layers of clothing - they were wearing SHORTS and eating Fast Food and had several cell phones, computers and iPods with them...along with over $50K in cash - caught "leaving Las Vegas". The had been "on the run" for over 100 days when caught.

Yes...they (snicker) indeed got "caught" with their "protective underwear" down.....

My Opinion

According to one blog or article I read. He married all of his father's widows and they had no choice in the matter. They considered themselves his mothers so it was like being forced to be married to your son.

Didn't his father have 75 widows? I read that online recently too.

Does that mean he did marry his biological mother?

How many biological children is Jeffs reported to have?

I have enough problems keeping up with 1 husband. That is just crazy!!!!!

The reports of how many widows there were seems to fluctuate between 60 and 75, and one journalist called Warren the man with 80 wives. Regardless, there were a lot. All of his father's wives were married to him with the exception of 2. One seized the opportunity and left the FLDS immediately and the other point blank refused. Warren was furious and sent her back to her father with the edict that she would never be allowed to remarry.

Yes, I remember that about the two now that you mention it. The one was smart to leave while the getting was good.

Texas appellate court set to hear appeal

SAN ANGELO, Texas -- A Texas appeals court this morning agreed to hear arguments on whether the state can place more than 400 FLDS children into foster homes without giving their families individual hearings.
In a motion filed yesterday with the Third Court of Appeals in Austin, Texas RioGrande Legal Aid attorneys representing 48 FLDS mothers are seeking to halt foster care placements of FLDS children until their case can be heard. They want District Judge Barbara Walther to hold hearings at which each family would be able to respond to allegations of abuse.
"These families have the right to have their voices heard in the legal process," said attorney Robert Doggett in a statement released this morning. "The idea that these children can be taken away without giving their families the opportunity to address allegations and fight to stay together is absurd."

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_9039576

My question about the appeal is what happens in the thousands of cases where children are removed from their homes by CPS? I thought there was a hearing. The problem is they don't know which child belongs to which parents until the DNA comes back and that's the parents' fault. Things would be much better if each set of parents had claimed their own children. Then individual allegations could be made.

What do y'all think of this appeal?

My question about the appeal is what happens in the thousands of cases where children are removed from their homes by CPS? I thought there was a hearing. The problem is they don't know which child belongs to which parents until the DNA comes back and that's the parents' fault. Things would be much better if each set of parents had claimed their own children. Then individual allegations could be made.

Not much. When I was a foster parent I encountered two children that should have never been removed from their parents...it still took 6 months to straighten everything out. The system is usually very very slow.

Not much. When I was a foster parent I encountered two children that should have never been removed from their parents...it still took 6 months to straighten everything out. The system is usually very very slow.

That's what I figured. Why do the FLDS parents expect more than any other parent gets from the system once the children are taken?

The state of Texas is NOT going to return those children without knowing WHO their BIO PARENTS are. That will take AT LEAST a month AND the full cooperation of the parents. I don't care HOW MANY appeals and hearings they have - they KIDS themselves do not even know (or will not tell) who their own MOTHERS are so HOW can children be returned? Any one of the "Mothers" can show up and SAY "these" are my children but they appear not to have birth certificates or any "legal" (acceptable to the state) verification of parenthood of their children. And even when they DO have verification of MOTHERHOOD - there is the question of PATERNITY and IF the father is found to have also fathered a baby with one of the 14-17 year old girls and the MOTHER does not agree to LEAVE the father and have NO FURTHER CONTACT - then again, they are NOT GOING TO GIVE HER THE KIDS. It's not just about parental rights here, its about living in an environment where abuse is encouraged and condoned by the ENTIRE community. Isolated and cut off, the children have no protection and I am sure the authorities KNOW that by just giving the children back it is VERY LIKELY that the whole family will disappear into Mexico or Canada forever . Once they let go of those children, they must know from HISTORY with this group in other places they may NEVER see them again - and I cannot see any family court acting to reunite families under those circumstances. It would be CLEARLY putting the kids AT RISK - and on the state's watch. The STATE would get the blame and take the heat for NOT DOING THEIR JOB, in front of the WORLD - who are watching this very closely. Lots of scrutiny.

The FLDS Lawyers can run up billable hours and spend a lot of time in court - but I don't believe they have any chance of budging the State of Texas on this one. Now that THEY have the children and know even MORE of the facts of this group, they aren't going to let them go without a fight - and some set-in-stone continued oversight and restrictions over the kids (and their home-life) into the future.

My Opinion

I thought the Eldorado compound had emptied when they all did a moonlight flit a couple of days ago?

where are those claiming the children as theirs?

I've read that Warren Jeffs has spawned over 100 kids. And I think the redheaded mom who asked the reporter "Do you know the meaning of Zion?" is one of them. She looks like him.

And you're right, FlowerChild, how can one hand over a child to a person who claims to be the parent.

Good God!! He sure wasn't living the ''prarie life'' now was he? I wonder what the Ipods were for? Big faker...

From all appearances, Warren Jeffs is to some extent a faker. While in the FLDS community he acts the role of pious prophet, but outside the community, he shucks the trappings of that pious life and lives like anyone else - driving a red car, and having all the luxuries of modern living. If other reports are accurate - that he was wearing burmuda shorts - then one would have to assume he wasn't wearing the long holy underwear of the sect.

From all appearances, Warren Jeffs is to some extent a faker. While in the FLDS community he acts the role of pious prophet, but outside the community, he shucks the trappings of that pious life and lives like anyone else - driving a red car, and having all the luxuries of modern living. If other reports are accurate - that he was wearing burmuda shorts - then one would have to assume he wasn't wearing the long holy underwear of the sect.

Somewhere I posted a website that had photos of him when he was arrested. He was wearing burmuda shorts and his wife (daddy's youngest wife) was wearing LEVIs!

Somewhere I posted a website that had photos of him when he was arrested. He was wearing burmuda shorts and his wife (daddy's youngest wife) was wearing LEVIs!

Hypocrite :furious:

From what I read once Utah's sentence is served AZ gets him, although we'll hear more about that depending on if he's convicted in AZ and depending on sentencing there. He's got two consecutive five year sentences to life and his parole hearing is November 2010 in Utah.

"Everyone with a first-degree sex offense has a hearing after three years automatically," said Jim Hatch, parole board spokesman. "It's pursuant to our administrative rules." "The hearing does not mean Jeffs would be released from prison at that time. Instead, it is his first chance to appear before the parole board, which reviews his presentence report, criminal history and guidelines on how much time he could serve. There is also input from the Utah Department of Corrections, and victims of a crime are allowed to speak at the hearing."

Thanks Molly.............I know the rule of thumb is that most prisoners do not get a parole the first time before a parole board, and some may go through many parole hearings before finally getting parole. I hope that in this case, the state of Utah will keep Warren Jeffs for many years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333
Back