DNA Solves

Was a stun gun used in this crime?

• Yes

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 125 74.4%

• Total voters
tipper said:
I think JonBenet was killed as a personal cause against John and his wealth and hence no other children are likely in the kind of danger they would be in if this was a serial killer.

Nor was JonBenet killed by a Foreign Faction. Foreigners always go for the SON....not the daughter.

tipper said:
I think JonBenet was killed as a personal cause against John and his wealth and hence no other children are likely in the kind of danger they would be in if this was a serial killer.
And wasnt it mean of the Ram's to let everyone think there was a killer on the loose. Could Patsy have been any more dramatic?? "Keep your babies close to you".

tipper said:
Whoever slipped that garrote around a 6 year old's neck and twisted it tight poses no danger to other children? U gotta b kiddin' me.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Whoever slipped that garrote around a 6 year old's neck and twisted it tight poses no danger to other children? U gotta b kiddin' me.
I'm saying he wasn't a serial killer. This was a personal cause crime.

tipper said:
I'm saying he wasn't a serial killer. This was a personal cause crime.

tipper,

The ransom note was as phony as a three dollar bill, so conclusions that it was a personal cause crime, based on what was written in that note, are shaky.

The killer of JonBenet could have struck one year later. Suzannah Chase, a student at CU, was murdered in downtown Boulder by an assailant who hit her over the head repeatedly with an aluminum little league baseball bat as she fought for her life. That case is unsolved.

It is believed that the crushing hit to JonBenet's head could also have been from an aluminum little league baseball bat. Two such bats were recovered from the Ramsey's yard. The bat that killed Suzannah Chase was recovered. It had the DNA from the killer on it.

BlueCrab

Very interesting, this poll is converging against the golden ratio ;)

The last vote kindof screwed it up abit :rolleyes:

The golden ration is a way to divide something in two that is appealing to the eye.

The exact formula is x^2+x=1, solving this you get x=0.618, x^2=0,382.
Leonardo da Vinci used this ratio alot in his paintings.
It appears in nature alot too.

BlueCrab said:
tipper,

The ransom note was as phony as a three dollar bill, so conclusions that it was a personal cause crime, based on what was written in that note, are shaky.

The killer of JonBenet could have struck one year later. Suzannah Chase, a student at CU, was murdered in downtown Boulder by an assailant who hit her over the head repeatedly with an aluminum little league baseball bat as she fought for her life. That case is unsolved.

It is believed that the crushing hit to JonBenet's head could also have been from an aluminum little league baseball bat. Two such bats were recovered from the Ramsey's yard. The bat that killed Suzannah Chase was recovered. It had the DNA from the killer on it.

BlueCrab

I am back from DC, this is my second post. Blue Crab as I recall the Susannah Chase case, autopsy found semen from the night before she was killed. The semen did not match her German boyfriend, with whom she argued a bit before walking to her apt the night she was killed. Did the dna on the ball bat match the semen? OR am I remembering wrong?

Watching this from the Jaycee Dugard story last night made me think
about the stun gun thing.... watch from 4:00 - 5:00 in which she talks about how she was kidnapped - she was incapacitated by the stun gun from Garrido in which it made her fall back, her body get tingly, and lose control of her bladder...then they were able to get her in the car and take her:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7dMVm9YEEw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7dMVm9YEEw[/ame]

I don't know why a stun gun cannot be considered used and still be part of the RDI theory.... I don't care if Lou Smit said one was used, so it must be IDI...I wonder if it was used and was still RDI...it could be true but spun by LS to look like IDI. I don't care about all his nonsense with the pig and crap. There are different types of stun guns anyway. I think the fact that JR had a stun gun video tape and was trying to minimize the fact that he had one and all that, is very telling.

Jaycee Dugard also says that Garrido used that stun gun as a way to control her for the rapes or 'runs' he had with her - she could hear the zapping noises of the stun gun as he was entering the shed/room(s) he kept her locked in. "Noises she will never forget", as she put it....

I do wonder if some of those marks on JBRs body are not from a stun gun...

- Autopsy showed indication of molestation
- There was frequent or newly recurring unexplained bedwetting - could be result of bladder releases due to stun gunning...why not as a means of controlling and/or incapacitating her for molestation those evenings?
- Why couldn't the release of the bladder/urine on her longjohns and/or on the floor in the train room be from being stungunned?
- Jaycee said she fell down - body temporarily paralyzed due to the stun gun - Why not the hit on JBR's head be from falling and hitting it, due to the body reaction from the stun gun as well? (I know her skull was split and there was a hole in the skull, and most say it has to be from hard force: flashlight, baseball bat, golf club - I have often thought golf club personally... I am just putting this out there)
- I don't know why a stun gun has to disprove the RDI theory at all. In fact, I think it could help explain why some things are as they are... maybe even why an exhumation was definitely not wanted, and to definitely have it confirmed as a stun gun.

I don't know why a stun gun cannot be considered used and still be part of the RDI theory.... I don't care if Lou Smit said one was used, so it must be IDI...I wonder if it was used and was still RDI...it could be true but spun by LS to look like IDI. I don't care about all his nonsense with the pig and crap. There are different types of stun guns anyway. I think the fact that JR had a stun gun video tape and was trying to minimize the fact that he had one and all that, is very telling.

I do wonder if some of those marks on JBRs body are not from a stun gun...

- Autopsy showed indication of molestation
- There was frequent or newly recurring unexplained bedwetting - could be result of bladder releases due to stun gunning...why not as a means of controlling and/or incapacitating her for molestation those evenings?
- Why couldn't the release of the bladder/urine on her longjohns and/or on the floor in the train room be from being stungunned?
- Jaycee said she fell down - body temporarily paralyzed due to the stun gun - Why not the hit on JBR's head be from falling and hitting it, due to the body reaction from the stun gun as well? (I know her skull was split and there was a hole in the skull, and most say it has to be from hard force: flashlight, baseball bat, golf club - I have often thought golf club personally... I am just putting this out there)
- I don't know why a stun gun has to disprove the RDI theory at all. In fact, I think it could help explain why some things are as they are... maybe even why an exhumation was definitely not wanted, and to definitely have it confirmed as a stun gun.

I am probably one of the few who think use of a stun gun on JB does NOT rule out a family member. The videotape indicates that they had one, IMO, regardless of whether it was found in the home. The stun gun could have easily been snuck out of the house.
I do doubt it had been used on other occasions. The marks are just too telling and actually look so much like cigarette burns that SOMEONE would have seen them at some point. This child wore skimpy costumes, took dance classes, etc.
I do agree that it is very suspicious that requests for an exhumation (when it was still early enough to render the information) were denied. I mean, if LE wanted to test YOUR murdered child for evidence they'd been stun gunned, wouldn't you say yes? Not if you KNEW for sure and knew who had used it.
Of course, the DA could have gone over the parents' refusal and gotten a judge's warrant, but he refused to do so. Boy, NOBODY was in that little girl's corner in that DA's office, were they?

Watching this from the Jaycee Dugard story last night made me think
about the stun gun thing.... watch from 4:00 - 5:00 in which she talks about how she was kidnapped - she was incapacitated by the stun gun from Garrido in which it made her fall back, her body get tingly, and lose control of her bladder...then they were able to get her in the car and take her:
With respect to the revelation by Jaycee regarding her unfortunate experience with a stun gun, I do have a few observations.

She is going back nearly 2 decades and I don’t necessarily expect her to have a perfect recollection of an obviously very traumatic and terrible event, rather, I would fully expect her to have some memory loss.
That being said, I do believe that the stun gun caused her to fall to the ground as that is what a stun gun is designed to do. Throughout this time she would be conscious and able to yell and scream.
The sensation of “tingling” along with memory loss is commonly experienced by stun gun victims.
Involuntarily urination is a very rare occurrence.
She said her throat felt “dry and scratchy” as if she had been yelling or screaming, although she doesn’t remember doing so. She probably did, but unfortunately she wasn’t heard.
I don’t believe that she was “incapacitated” for even a few seconds subsequent to the time that the stun gun was no longer in contact with her body, that is simply not what a stun gun is designed to do. If she was rendered unconscious, it would have been as a result of hitting her head when she fell, or as a result of something else that they did to her which she can’t remember.
I do believe that it may have been a sufficiently confusing enough of an event that it allowed them to get her into their vehicle, or possibly they used the stun gun repeatedly as they tried to get her in, (keeping in mind she would have been fully able to scream the entire time.)

I have some detailed posts on stun guns here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6919820&postcount=137"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Ramsey Project Rebuttal (Non Intruder Posters Only)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6351335&postcount=82"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Ramsey Project Rebuttal (Non Intruder Posters Only)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6377547&postcount=233"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Aphrodite Jones, JonBenet, and Lou Smit?[/ame]

... she could hear the zapping noises of the stun gun as he was entering the shed/room(s) he kept her locked in. "Noises she will never forget", as she put it....
You misheard what the sound was that "she will never forget."
It was the locking and unlocking of the door.

I think a "Not Sure" choice would have been appropriate for this poll.

I am probably one of the few who think use of a stun gun on JB does NOT rule out a family member. The videotape indicates that they had one, IMO, regardless of whether it was found in the home. The stun gun could have easily been snuck out of the house.
I do doubt it had been used on other occasions. The marks are just too telling and actually look so much like cigarette burns that SOMEONE would have seen them at some point. This child wore skimpy costumes, took dance classes, etc.
I do agree that it is very suspicious that requests for an exhumation (when it was still early enough to render the information) were denied. I mean, if LE wanted to test YOUR murdered child for evidence they'd been stun gunned, wouldn't you say yes? Not if you KNEW for sure and knew who had used it.
Of course, the DA could have gone over the parents' refusal and gotten a judge's warrant, but he refused to do so. Boy, NOBODY was in that little girl's corner in that DA's office, were they?

DeeDee249,
Could the use of a stun-gun by a minor have led to JonBenet becoming comatose?

It would certainly help explain away the accident leading to all the staging?

I no longer believe stungun. The pic of the o track next to the wound proves it to me. It also had to be jabbed in and twisted according to kolar. The wound on the cheek area looks like an imprint of a phillips screwdriver imo. Or maybe a train tool. We don't know how long befor death these were inflicted. So., not only did the ramsey's not hear the intruder, the loud crack of the skull, no screams from being tortured or from the head injury. If a stun gun or taser was used they also did not hear that. Jonbenet must not have been conscious for much because she would have screamed and cried with pain an d would have had more bruising or marks from being bound or falling.

DeeDee249,
Could the use of a stun-gun by a minor have led to JonBenet becoming comatose?

It would certainly help explain away the accident leading to all the staging?

I don't think the age of the person using it has anything to do with the effects. A hit is a hit. That being said, I don't believe it was the stun gun that put her in a coma. I believe it was the head bash.

Doberson and Meyer, both, found the marks on JonBenet to be consistent with injuries inflicted by a stun gun. None were found among all the evidence collected from the Ramseys' homes, vehicles, properties, offices, etc.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41087"]Facts about the Stun gun - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back