Was Burke Involved ? # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone ever mention why the "a" in the ransom note(s) were consistently the same without deviation, and did not match any known handwriting of P.R. (or her a's cursive or otherwise) Wasn't it a block "a". Of course the q written like a number 8 is consistent with her's as well as her c's. But its the "a" I'm concerned about.

She was trying to mask the fact that it was her handwriting so I would assume she picked a common letter to consistently write different than her own handwriting.

Wow, that takes incredible mind control and stamina, and I don't think there were any torn pages (practice sheets) ever found either. But the notepad it came off of they found, so you'd think the LE would know.

Can't even imagine having that kind of self-control in such a time as that :(

Sorry if this has been on the threads, but I read that JR and PR in May 2000 both passed polygraphs, including the question of whether they knew who killed JBR. If it was their own expert, I would cast some doubt on it compared to an FBI polygrapher. But does anyone know if BR has taken taken a polygraph? If I was wrongly accused, I would want the FBI to polygraph me. Some people actually volunteer to take polygraphs because they don't want to be suspects in a crime. It would go far in disputing that he is a suspect if he passes a polygraph, in my opinion.

Did anyone ever mention why the "a" in the ransom note(s) were consistently the same without deviation, and did not match any known handwriting of P.R. (or her a's cursive or otherwise) Wasn't it a block "a". Of course the q written like a number 8 is consistent with her's as well as her c's. But its the "a" I'm concerned about.

I'm not so sure, Leomoon80. The ransom letter I read had the "a"s written six different ways, including the manuscript style like you're reading now. BUT, she never used that "a" again!

Sorry if this has been on the threads, but I read that JR and PR in May 2000 both passed polygraphs, including the question of whether they knew who killed JBR. If it was their own expert, I would cast some doubt on it compared to an FBI polygrapher. But does anyone know if BR has taken taken a polygraph? If I was wrongly accused, I would want the FBI to polygraph me. Some people actually volunteer to take polygraphs because they don't want to be suspects in a crime. It would go far in disputing that he is a suspect if he passes a polygraph, in my opinion.

The Ramseys used polygraphers chosen by the Ramsey attorneys. They declined to let FBI polygraphers examine them. Here's one of many links for more info:

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/2000/25arams.html

She was trying to mask the fact that it was her handwriting so I would assume she picked a common letter to consistently write different than her own handwriting.
If it were me trying to mask my handwriting, I would change multiple things during the writing. Not just an A but a T or an I. And E would even make it more elaborate.

Yes, the Ramseys hired their own "expert" (who turns out to be a kook) rather than take an FBI polygraph when it was offered.
Also, I've made it clear I don't put any stock in polygraphs. Even if I KNEW I was innocent, I wouldn't take one.

Wow, that takes incredible mind control and stamina, and I don't think there were any torn pages (practice sheets) ever found either. But the notepad it came off of they found, so you'd think the LE would know.

I doubt she could, either, Leomoon80. But I think she did what a lot of people do in a crisis: she sucked it up and went for it.

My daughter volunteered when she was 35 for a local Police Dept., to help them out. Ironically, she ended up using that volunteering in her resume and stayed with the Police work for awhile, then moved on in govt.
Bottom line is she failed the Lie Detector test 3 times.

She is SO literal, that when they asked, "did you ever steal anything", she said "no" and it came out yes.

She said she explained that she was thinking of her mom's purse when she was a teenager and took some cash from it.

Hmmm.

They hired her anyway. Told her not to worry about it. She "really" IS that literal minded. We once went to Hershey Park in Pa. driving from Md, and had to pass the lower Appalachian Mts to get there. I kept saying, "look at the mountains girls"....and 2 of them did, while this one (the middle child) said, " I don't see any mountain"....and regardless of how many times her sisters or we pointed to the mt. she started screaming get all flustered that she couldn't see any! We knew how she was, but it wasn't until her 30s that she reminded me and said, it was because when she saw the mountains out west, THEY were mountains, and she thought the others were simply small hills.

:shame:

If it were me trying to mask my handwriting, I would change multiple things during the writing. Not just an A but a T or an I. And E would even make it more elaborate.

Right, I was only answering in reference to the "a." Of course you would want to change a lot more than one character.

Leomoon- the experts considered it disguised writing- possibly even written with the non dominant hand of the author. Patsy nor John are dumb- they would know to disguise their penmanship. Problem with that was the sheer length of the note- couldn't help but see patterns in the pressure, wording and writing style of the author. Also at no time in history- before or since has there been a note even close to that long and never before or since a ransome note left and the child NOT TAKEN. Ever. HTH! Good to see you here friend!

Oh, there were actually two beginning practice notes found either in the trash or the pad. IIRC.

In the Dr. Phil interview, Dr. Phil asked Burke if he thought the ransom note hand writing looked like PR's hand writing. BR's response, in part, is as follows:

"she would always bug me about having good handwriting, she would like make me rewrite stuff to make me have good handwriting." Question. Has the public ever been shown the discarded ransom notes that police found in the R's house?

Oh, there were actually two beginning practice notes found either in the trash or the pad. IIRC.

Hi Frigga: :) I wonder if it was mentioned on CBS (I still saved just part 2) not part 1.

But where did you read that they found ransom practice notes? Perhaps someone else will come along here by tomorrow (since i'm signing off now), and let us know about this for certain.

(ref: IIRC) :thinking:

Perhaps we'll also have new news regarding whether or not Boulder LE is going to reopen the case? Who is the AG, have those who stood in the way left and new fresh faces taken over there, I wonder is it still M. Lacey or the author of the exoneration letter ?

Hmmm.

Hi Frigga: :) I wonder if it was mentioned on CBS (I still saved just part 2) not part 1.

But where did you read that they found ransom practice notes? Perhaps someone else will come along here by tomorrow (since i'm signing off now), and let us know about this for certain.

(ref: IIRC) :thinking:

Perhaps we'll also have new news regarding whether or not Boulder LE is going to reopen the case? Who is the AG, have those who stood in the way left and new fresh faces taken over there, I wonder is it still M. Lacey or the author of the exoneration letter ?

Hmmm.

It was mentioned by Dr Lee in part1. I just read about it here, on Acandyrose's wonderful site, check out the diagram:

http://www.acandyrose.com/04112000thomas-pg73-74.htm

From Kolar's book, someone went to Nedra and Nedra turned over some of Patsy's writing. And on it Patsy and changed the a's to cursive. Could tell she was trying to mask them.

Hmmm.

They never closed it, Leomoon. How much work they do on it, who knows? But no, Mary Lacy is NOT DA anymore.

In the Dr. Phil interview, Dr. Phil asked Burke if he thought the ransom note hand writing looked like PR's hand writing. BR's response, in part, is as follows:

"she would always bug me about having good handwriting, she would like make me rewrite stuff to make me have good handwriting." Question. Has the public ever been shown the discarded ransom notes that police found in the R's house?

No, we have not been privy to those practice notes, just the note that starts "Mr & Mrs. l " as if the R were started but the note discarded. There is no doubt in my mind that PR wrote the note. Cina Wong, handwriting expert, found 200 similarities between the RN and PR's samples in a 385 word letter. That is a staggering fact. Yes, the RN letters looked a bit shaky but considering she had just found her child dead at the hands of her other child, had staged a crime scene and likely had not yet been to bed, perhaps her hands were a bit shaky? Yep. I think so.

Now where did I read that PR was ambidextrous and could write with either hand?

Burke has a knack, since early childhood, of not giving straight answers to seemingly very easy questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If he's put on trial for this, his questioning is going to go horribly with how he answers questions

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member