Was Burke Involved? # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking... I can't recall any positive comments Burke has made about JB, as a child or now. She fell on her bike, her eye was droopy, she flaunted herself.... Surely he has said complimentary things too?

Forgiveness is a funny thing, sometimes I think it's how you are wired and has very little to do with what faith teaches you. I remember being 8 years old at CCD (aka Catholic "Sunday school") and reading about a man who forgave the murderer of his son. No one else in my class could understand why the man had done such a thing and they all stated they would never forgive someone who murdered someone they love.

But what I remember thinking is of course you forgive the person who murdered your son! Of course you do! To me there wasn't another choice. Even from that young age I knew not forgiving meant carrying around anger, hate, and resentment, and I knew one cannot do good in the world if the carry around that kind of weight.

But I also remember being very very much in the minority at my tender age of 8.

I have known plenty of Christians in my life, and despite the teachings of the church, it never seems to be a direct result of faith that makes someone capable of forgiveness or not....in my experience it's often more about who the person is rather then what church teaches them on wether they carry forgiveness in their heart or not.

That said, when it comes to the Ramseys,who's moral compass I have some doubts about....id be inclined to believe they are not the type to forgive a stranger.

There is a now long gone media clip from many years ago when John and Patsy did an interview in, iirc, Atlanta with a minister who had a weekly television segment. The minister directly asked John and Patsy questions about church and murderers attending church, and forgiveness. I'll never forget Patsy's reply, said in what I saw as haughty arrogance personified. She said "What if we *were* the murderers. We would be the people who needed to be in church wouldn't we? Should we be denied forgiveness?"

That may not be the exact quote but it's close enough. The media link was posted here in the Media sticky section of the forum.

So the Ramseys can forgive the person who murdered their precious child but to this day John can't seem to forgive the public or anyone else who dare think he or his family had a part in the crime. So the actual murderer (who they keep saying is a stranger) is forgiven. Anyone who questions the Ramsey's is not forgiven. Got it.

The problem with this theory is that there is zero chance you could have tied the paintbrush to that line after she was strangled with it. If you look at that knot it is very obvious this would have been nearly impossible. Plus her hair was tangled with this not, indicating the knot and paintbrush were already present when she was strangled.

How is it impossible to tie the paintbrush on after strangulation? There was like 15 inches of string left (i think thats measured after the knot was tied too).

The hair was reportedly entwined in the knot, indicating it was tied on her.

JBR appeared to be strangled twice. There is a white ring on her lower neck that shows a cord/rope or something else was pulling on her neck in an upward fashion. Perhaps she was dragged? Someone was standing behind her and pulling in an upward motion...

There are clearly two strangulations that took place. The first one upward and from behind; and then released. The second one was fatal...she was face down and the knots tied behind her neck.

IMO....I think Burke is responsible for all except the ransom note and tape.

Who do you think called 911 on Dec. 23rd? Wonder what was happening then. Adults don't accidentally call 911...

How is it impossible to tie the paintbrush on after strangulation? There was like 15 inches of string left (i think thats measured after the knot was tied too).

I thought the hair was tied into the knot at the noose end, which does appear to have been tied while around her neck. But it's not so clear if toggle end had hair tied in or just pushed in - at least to me.

I would think the toggle end had to be tied first, then the cord looped around her neck and tied, catching her hair in the slip knot.

In the other forum I read about rumors that Burke was seen using such a device as a leash for one of the Jacques- does anyone know about this?

I don't think it does, because a child of Burke's age could not form the intent to commit either of the crimes the indictments accuse the parents of assisting with or being accessory to. So I think it's a grey area.

If it was clear we wouldn't still be discussing it.

The perp being under the legal age of culpability does not mean the crime was not committed or that those who assisted the underage perp can not be held accountable.

I think the paintbrush handle was used more like a way to drag JBR/move her. BR may not have been able to carry her weight; but he could have fashioned a system to drag her by the neck after she was unconscious. There is a white ring around her neck that looks like a cord was pulled on her neck in an upward motion from someone behind her. (Just stating my opinion on

The perp being under the legal age of culpability does not mean the crime was not committed or that those who assisted the underage perp can not be held accountable.

I'm sure I read that somewhere about the Colorado law but I haven't been able to find where I read it again. What I recall reading spelled that out very clearly. The crime was still the same crime but the child couldn't be charged with it.

I think the paintbrush handle was used more like a way to drag JBR/move her. BR may not have been able to carry her weight; but he could have fashioned a system to drag her by the neck after she was unconscious. There is a white ring around her neck that looks like a cord was pulled on her neck in an upward motion from someone behind her. (Just stating my opinion on

Burke was much bigger that her. He didn't need to drag her by the neck to move her - although he may have done just that!

JBR appeared to be strangled twice. There is a white ring on her lower neck that shows a cord/rope or something else was pulling on her neck in an upward fashion. Perhaps she was dragged? Someone was standing behind her and pulling in an upward motion...

There are clearly two strangulations that took place. The first one upward and from behind; and then released. The second one was fatal...she was face down and the knots tied behind her neck.

IMO....I think Burke is responsible for all except the ransom note and tape.

This is a mistake. The poster otg has explained this very clearly on another thread. She was not strangled twice.

Are you sure about that?

This is a mistake. The poster otg has explained this very clearly on another thread. She was not strangled twice.

Please direct me to the other thread.

There is clearly a white ring on her lower neck. What is that?

How is it impossible to tie the paintbrush on after strangulation?
It’s not, despite the poster continuing to repeat his/her idea that it is based on his/her interpretation of what he/she thinks he/she sees in one photo. That’s ignoring other photos and what the ME wrote in the AR at the time he was removing it:

Blonde hair is entwined in the knot on the posterior aspect of the neck as well as in the cord wrapped around the wooden stick.

There was like 15 inches of string left (i think thats measured after the knot was tied too).
It was 17” after it had been wrapped around the paintbrush about 8 to 12 times and then tied.

Again, anyone can read what Dr. Meyer wrote about it in the AR:

http://extras.denverpost.com/news/jon124.htm

(PS: I hate having to write gender neutral sentences.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time