Votes: 377 59.6%
  • Burke was totally uninvolved in her death

Votes: 256 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lawstudent[
QUOTE];
9929089It's not criminal negligence to fail to lock up your weird child. I mean, we don't know how weird he was. The golf club thing is bad, but it may have been a total accident, or he just didn't comprehend the seriousness at 6. It doesn't mean that it was the start of several murder attempts. The only way I could see the Ramseys getting indicted on that is if there was evidence Burke repeatedly preyed on JonBenet and injured her or molested her and yet kind of stood by and watched. I don't see that happening. Unfortunately, many kids live with violent or mentally ill siblings, and that's not a crime. Social services may remove them, but it's not considered the parents' fault as long as they are pursuing proper medical care and calling the authorities if behavior is so out of control that hospitalization is needed. Unfortunately, parents with these types of kids don't have many options, and they try to find ways to stabilize them, but chaining them up probably doesn't help
I

I think he killed her and they covered it. That's why they were indicted. JMO

The reporter didn't know who Burke was? Wow. Someone didn't do any research on the case before doing the interview.
I agree BDI. To me, it's the only scenario that makes sense. The GJ indictment we saw released on Friday only cements my theory. I do think BR was and still is a disturbed being. He hasn't acted out again, but IMO, that's because his family's been watching him closely since the murder. I'm curious as to what will happen once JR is gone. I feel BR will 'go off' when he's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to defend the reporter here for a moment

Not everyone is familiar with the case or the all of the players. I believe it was her intent to inform the viewers with that question. Otherwise people would be watching, sitting at home, scratching their heads saying "who the heck is Burke?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

lawstudent[

I think he killed her and they covered it. That's why they were indicted. JMO

Does anyone have any idea where Burke lives or if he has committed any more crimes? If he did do it, his parents have enough money and influence to continue covering for him. I cannot imagine he did this then got therapy and is all better now. The only scenario would fit if Burke flew in a rage and accidently hit and killed JB, and the father was responsible for molesting her all those years not Burke.
I think molestation was occurring in that household and Burke was acting out on it.

From the very first, I've thought that B did it, but not intentionally. SOMEONE in that house is the killer. The RN was written on paper that was already in the house, and handwriting experts believe it to be PR. The pen it was written with was in the house too. PR must have been up all night, since she answered the door the next morning fully dressed in what she was wearing the night before and also with make up on. Who takes time to put on make up when their child is missing? As a mother, my child comes before my husband or anyone else, so I cannot imagine a mother who would cover up for her husband knowing he murdered their child nor a father who would cover for his wife murdering their child, but I can imagine a mother covering for her only other living child. I'm not convinced that BR knows he killed JB. I read something about PR giving B a sleeping pill that night. There is also the possibility of PTSD blocking out horrible memories. Not saying this happened, but it's a possibility. There is also the fact that no bags were packed for their upcoming trip the next morning. Why? Because they knew they would not be going on that trip. At least ONE of the parents knew--the one who usually does the packing, and that would most likely be PR who appears to have been up all night.

I haven't posted here in a while but with the upcoming release of indictment against the R's I wanted to add my .2 cents about this case that has managed to keep me captivated for years.

I believe that Burke was solely responsible for his sisters death and the rest was staging and evasion on the part of his parents to protect him and the families reputation.
There are two very simple reasons why I believe this, first and most important to me is to consider how the family behaved when they were not in control of the situation or surprised, these are very telling moments in any case but here especially so due to the amount of control the R's were able to maintain via their team of lawyers and pi's.

1. JR's reaction to BR talking in the background of the 911 tape.
This single moment is beyond damning to me.
The anger directed at BR was was inconsistent with the normal behavior of a scared parent, JR sounded like he was caught off guard by his son in the background, JR is a purported control freak, who is desperately trying to maintain control of a horrible situation that he knows could sink his family elicited an angry response at the person who put him in that situation to begin with. This does not sound like a parent that is concerned for his sons safety given that his daughter is missing and he believes an intruder is at fault, the normal reaction would have been one of concern and wanting to keep your child close to you at all times, that's a natural reaction from a parent, to protect. In addition to this there is the pastors account regarding JR's commentary when he found her body, these are very telling imo.

2. It's obvious that the R's are being evasive or covering for someone by all the facts that we have, this case is a mess and that's precisely what they wanted in order to make it impossible to solve. It's Christmas and the family is getting ready to travel and celebrate some more, here there is no indication of premeditation by the parents, to me the crime does not fit the known personalities of either parent, would JR who is by all accounts a successful and organized business man have left so many items out that cast doubt on their credibility and can you imagine having him written such a ridiculous RN with details that only a close family member would have known about?

Patsy who only cares about physical appearances in my opinion does not fit the profile of a killer that would kill their child in a manner that would mar her beauty, JBR had to look beautiful even in death to her. The head injury and garrote were tools that a killer that had no regard for physical appearances would have use,d and yes it's been argued and theorized that PR could have killed her by accident and that's how she acquired the head injury but what refutes that to me is that we had two separate lethal injuries, the garrote being the most grotesque as this points to deliberate murder and if it was an accident than why fashion should a crude weapon on your beloved daughter and leave it behind for investigators to see?
I do not believe that PR would choose this type of weapon out of thin air just to stage a scene to throw off investigators.

My belief is that BR was jealous of his sister and he was touching her inappropriately, there are several known facts in the case that point to this.
BR lured his sister down with the promise of a pineapple snack and a peek at presents down in the cellar, where he attempted to touch her again when she resisted he hit her with something causing her head injury, he continued to molest her while she was laying unconscious, this is why so much blood was found by the me in her head, we know that she was alive between the two separate injuries. BR knew that he would get in trouble for this so he needed to silence her permanently, she is still alive at this point so he then makes a crude garrote to finish her off with because he does not have the physical strength to manually strangulate her with his bare hands and he can't make to much noise either.

I think PR notices something is amiss when she goes to check on JBR and discovers her daughter is missing.
I'm really still on the fence about the RN because I think it's possible that either PR or BR could have written it or been written by both of them.

The R's, mainly PR cleaned up JBR to ensure that the sexual abuse wouldn't leave behind to much evidence pointing at BR, and she was redressed and covered in a blanket, this also does not fit an intruder theory but fits that of the actions of grieving parents that do not want to loose both of their children on the same night.
These are just my opinions and I hope that today's reveal will cast a little more light on what went on that night but I doubt the case will ever be really solved by prosecuting the killer.

I agree with you 100% and have thought along these lines, since the day I heard about this case.

I have also been following this case (off and on) for years as I had a small child at the time of JBR murder and I was horrified by this case.

I believed that the parents did whatever they had to do, in order NOT to lose both of their children that night. Once they realized that JBR could not be saved they went into survivor mode for BR (and their reputations) and the rest is history as they say.

I agree with you 100% and have thought along these lines, since the day I heard about this case.

I have also been following this case (off and on) for years as I had a small child at the time of JBR murder and I was horrified by this case.

I believed that the parents did whatever they had to do, in order NOT to lose both of their children that night. Once they realized that JBR could not be saved they went into survivor mode for BR (and their reputations) and the rest is history as they say.

I think this maybe the case, I also believe JR was molesting both children and PR chose to deny it or was in denial, but participated in the cover-up in order to protect the family name and image.
But, if BDI, has he committed a crime since? Any girlfriends or victims come forward since? If he is psychopath he'd commit another crime.

I think this maybe the case, I also believe JR was molesting both children and PR chose to deny it or was in denial, but participated in the cover-up in order to protect the family name and image.
But, if BDI, has he committed a crime since? Any girlfriends or victims come forward since? If he is psychopath he'd commit another crime.

I never heard what happened to him since all this? I don't know. He would be 26 now?

I guess I sort of have refused to believe that either parent abused either of the kids, don't know why, but I just don't have a gut feeling here that was the case, but I could be totally wrong. I don't know that much about the case, but the way JR spoke to the son on the 911 call was telling to me, JR seemed angry not worried with one child missing, so could another, he rather was annoyed with the boy. Wouldn't he be comforting the boy? Not if the boy was the reason his daughter was dead and he was now in the middle of a total ***** storm cover up. The ransom note to me reads straight PR not thinking clearly and IIRC even used the exact monetary # of JR's bonus that year, I think she was in total panic mode to cover for the boy.

Maybe we will find out one day what happened?

To the investigators inside the case he WAS "front and center" from DAY ONE. His age at the time prevented him from being named as a suspect under Colorado law.
He very likely remembers everything. He wasn't an infant, after all. No matter how many years ago, you remember the night your sister was murdered in your own home on Christmas night (especially if you were involved).
It doesn't surprise anyone he has kept silent, but not for the reasons you state. Why would he talk?
Why do you think the DA declined to prosecute? This was a case that couldn't be prosecuted, really. If it was BR and considering his age at the time, the parents could have been charged as the indictment stated- accessory to murder. There was also obstruction and tampering with evidence (the coverup). Under Colorado law, IF in doing so the identity of the child under 10 would be revealed, that may have been one good reason why the DA refused to proceed. And that may prevent the present DA from going after JR on those same charges.

BBM

But, I thought the only charges that could still be pressed against JR would be for Felony Murder....which to me means he either helped relocate JB's body before she was finally strangled, applied and implemented the ligature, or knew PR had applied the ligature. I assumed that none of the previous GJ findings could result in new charges against JR because the statute of limitations had expired for any charges related to the crime OTHER than murder charges.

If BR did it all, ligature included, and JR did NOT know prior to discovering his daughter's dead body (whether that night or the next morning) that BR was totally responsible, then he could not be charged with Felony Murder, right?

I just cannot see JR oblivious up to that point, and with PR's fibers in the ligature and tape, that BR used the ligature. IMO, the ligature strangulation was done either by PR or JR, and the only way JR would not have been awake at the time PR could have done it but still have left his shirt fibers in JB's underwear is if he redressed her a good deal of time after she had been killed, and then he shouldn't have been able to leave his shirt fibers in her undies.

It's all just so frustrating.

Not to defend him or anything but why would he? We, the public, know that he was suspected for a minute but honestly he was never "front and center" of this case. It was always, always PR and JR. And, I'm assuming here, he doesn't realize the amount of people who are convinced he did this unless he lurks the web. I doubt they even mentioned JB in that home ever again. This happened how many years ago? In all honesty, he probably has very few memories of his little sister minus That Night. It doesn't surprise me that he's kept silent on it. JMO!

Why would he say anything to the public after the way his parents were dragged through the mud? He was probably brought up fearing the media.

Does anyone have any idea where Burke lives or if he has committed any more crimes? If he did do it, his parents have enough money and influence to continue covering for him. I cannot imagine he did this then got therapy and is all better now. The only scenario would fit if Burke flew in a rage and accidently hit and killed JB, and the father was responsible for molesting her all those years not Burke.
I think molestation was occurring in that household and Burke was acting out on it.

On one of the facebook pages that is supposedly his he makes a VERY derogatory statement about his girlfriend. If this is indeed his real facebook page he certainly doesn’t seem to have much respect for women. :facepalm:

On one of the facebook pages that is supposedly his he makes a VERY derogatory statement about his girlfriend. If this is indeed his real facebook page he certainly doesn’t seem to have much respect for women. :facepalm:

Can we link? Is it under his full legal name? If so, I'll look him up. The one photo I saw with him and his gf she looked like how JBR would at 23. kinda creepy.
He belongs to a local Missing girl's group online. odd.
Found the #stupid***** comment about his gf.

Can we link? Is it under his full legal name? If so, I'll look him up. The one photo I saw with him and his gf she looked like how JBR would at 23. kinda creepy.
He belongs to a local Missing girl's group online. odd.
Found the #stupid***** comment about his gf.

Yeah, he's part of the Maura Murray group. The person who runs it is good friends with Burke (if that is really him). IDK how he is friends with someone who lives in New England.

I feel like Lin Wood would've had that page removed if it wasn't him, especially with the media coverage for the indictment. What if people contacts that Burke page, it's a fake, and he starts spreading false info? But yeah IDK why he has a FB page separate from all his other family and friends.

Or because he fears retribution from his father- the great John Ramsey. Just wait until JR is no longer a threat, maybe then Burke will divulge the truth!!

From photos with his dad, he doesn't look afraid of him at all, almost giddy to be in his presence. If he is a malignant narcissist/psychopath (inherited from his parents) he probably loves the undivided attention and money with mom and sister out of the picture.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to link. Just go on Facebook and do a search using his name. The profile pic is him wearing sunglasses.

BBM

But, I thought the only charges that could still be pressed against JR would be for Felony Murder....which to me means he either helped relocate JB's body before she was finally strangled, applied and implemented the ligature, or knew PR had applied the ligature. I assumed that none of the previous GJ findings could result in new charges against JR because the statute of limitations had expired for any charges related to the crime OTHER than murder charges.

If BR did it all, ligature included, and JR did NOT know prior to discovering his daughter's dead body (whether that night or the next morning) that BR was totally responsible, then he could not be charged with Felony Murder, right?

I just cannot see JR oblivious up to that point, and with PR's fibers in the ligature and tape, that BR used the ligature. IMO, the ligature strangulation was done either by PR or JR, and the only way JR would not have been awake at the time PR could have done it but still have left his shirt fibers in JB's underwear is if he redressed her a good deal of time after she had been killed, and then he shouldn't have been able to leave his shirt fibers in her undies.

It's all just so frustrating.
The shirt fibers alone have me convinced that John was her molester. There is no good reason for his shirt fibers to be in her panties- laundry doesn't cut it!!!

From photos with his dad, he doesn't look afraid of him at all, almost giddy to be in his presence. If he is a malignant narcissist/psychopath (inherited from his parents) he probably loves the undivided attention and money with mom and sister out of the picture.
He didn't look like a psychopath either in the family poses with JB. I'll be very interested to see what happens when John loses his power/wealth/health.

The shirt fibers alone have me convinced that John was her molester. There is no good reason for his shirt fibers to be in her panties- laundry doesn't cut it!!!

I understand your concerns, but laundry, assisting his child after going to the bathroom, apparently common for adults to help her, I can see it. Jmo.

He didn't look like a psychopath either in the family poses with JB. I'll be very interested to see what happens when John loses his power/wealth/health.

Many psychopaths don't have a particular look, they are very charming.
VanderSloot comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member