DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was it appropriate to mention Casey?

• Yes, it was completely appropriate.

Votes: 102 20.0%
  • No, it was highly distasteful.

Votes: 261 51.2%
  • Maybe a little, but not as much as they did.

Votes: 147 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks, I agree with you, how can you be nice when talking about a psychopath who murdered her child in cold blood? Political correctness be damned.

This is such a sad and disturbing case.

Agreed. Honestly, I am so sick of the PC crap. There is a child dead by the hands of her mother. Nice goes out the window.

Agreed. Honestly, I am so sick of the PC crap. There is a child dead by the hands of her mother. Nice goes out the window.

In the context of this thread, and in the place in time where we find ourselves today, we CANNOT say a "child is dead by the hands of her mother" with any certitude. We can say the mother is accused, we can even say "we" believe that mother is guilty....but like it or not, Casey is accused and no more. Not at this point.

If your child were ONLY accused, if you BELIEVED your child, would you still leave them out of a memorial for their child?

In the context of this thread, and in the place in time where we find ourselves today, we CANNOT say a "child is dead by the hands of her mother" with any certitude. We can say the mother is accused, we can even say "we" believe that mother is guilty....but like it or not, Casey is accused and no more. Not at this point.

If your child were ONLY accused, if you BELIEVED your child, would you still leave them out of a memorial for their child?

If KC were my child - yes I would leave her out.

I haven't posted for a while, but I usually check in daily to see what is happening and I do want to say that last week I spent a sleepless night thinking about little Caylee and the Anthony family. I have gotten fed up with comments about Caylee's little body not being put to final rest, what is appropriate and what is not. Who are we (the public) to say what is right or wrong for this family?

I watched the memorial service today and was quite moved. I thought it was a beautiful service from beginning to end. I have attended similar services full of music and speaking, as well as short and to the point "ashes to ashes..."

I personally feel that it would have been wrong not to mention Casey, after all, she brought sweet Caylee into this world. I don't think it was over done or any attention was taken from Caylee. IMO it was a lovely service and I pray that it will bring peace and healing for the Anthony family.

If KC were my child - yes I would leave her out.

But Casey is not your child. To understand how George and Cindy feel, it is probably easier to see things from their point of view if we put ourselves in their shoes.

If YOUR child were merely accused, and if you believed YOUR child were falsely accused, would you then leave her out of her baby's memorial?

Its hard to seperate appropriate, and my strong feelings for what KC has done.
I would have preferred to not hear her name at all, but today was about Caylee, and Caylee loved her mommy.
We cant change that, nor should we try to.

I appreciate how difficult it must have been for them to say those things knowing how much critisism they would get.
I feel that those forgiving words helped Caylees spirit find peace- because thats the most important thing right now. Next comes justice. And truth.

this particular thread is about "whether it was appropriate to mention casey's name at the memorial. This requires, a yes, no, etc. It is not about casey's guilt, good or bad mother, etc., etc.

If any posts do not follow what the thread is about, they will be removed.

bump this reminder!

Many posts who did not follow the subject of this thread have, and will continue to be deleted.
*** bump ***​

If it were me I probably would have not mentioned Casey but Cindy was probably acting on suggestions from her lawyer or a PR firm...who knows.

I think they all handled the mention of Casey appropriately... mentioning the operators of kid finders on the other hand was a let down.

Speaking of which, were DM and his wife there? I did not see any crowd shots with them. I know the traveling billboard was there - so I imagine they brought it. Did anyone see CA's brother R? - or was her on the not welcome list?

It's not really our business is it? If your family (not taling to anyone specifically here) suffers a terrible tragedy you can decide what is appropriate for you. The Anthonys have that right too. Not our place to judge. They lost two. So they are never supposed to greive Casey?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think that whatever the Anthony family wanted to say or do at the memorial for their grandchild Caylee is and was appropriate.

But Casey is not your child. To understand how George and Cindy feel, it is probably easier to see things from their point of view if we put ourselves in their shoes.

If YOUR child were merely accused, and if you believed YOUR child were falsely accused, would you then leave her out of her baby's memorial?

But do they really believe she has been falsely accused or are they simply trying to sway public opinion for a 'not guilty' verdict. I guess the A's are the only ones who can answer that truthfully.

Speaking of which, were DM and his wife there? I did not see any crowd shots with them. I know the traveling billboard was there - so I imagine they brought it. Did anyone see CA's brother R? - or was her on the not welcome list?

DM and SM were there, and were personally thanked by george. MB was there too, but no sign of rick.

I think that had the Anthony's left KC's name out of it, many of us would be questioning the motive behind the omission. So IMO the choice to mention or not mention KC would be analyzed to the nth degree regardless. The Anthony's still love KC and mentioning her name wasn't offensive to me at all (and I've never understood their actions so that says alot).
JMO

I thought this was suppose to be a memorial for Caylee. I feel like it was nothing more than a platform to reinforce that KC is innocent and they still support and believe her.

I only pray that little Caylee was not there and didn't hear her loved ones support her accused murderer.

A memorial service is to honor the person who died. And there is something wrong with that, if the mother murdered her.
Bingo! I vote Absolutely NOT because it is disrespectful to Caylee!!!

but casey is not your child. To understand how george and cindy feel, it is probably easier to see things from their point of view if we put ourselves in their shoes.

If your child were merely accused, and if you believed your child were falsely accused, would you then leave her out of her baby's memorial?
yes i would!

I voted no, it was a memorial for Caylee, they could have silently prayed for Casey themselves and not subjected everyone to ramblings about poor Casey, pray for her, write to her, what the he**! I read the article in People.com about the memorial, what was with the "CMA" reference, good show Lee, nice way to disassociate yourself from the victim, can't even say her name. The whole memorial should have focused on Caylee and Caylee only! Ugh, those Anthony's are certifiable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back