Was Joe involved?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IIRC, he told Misty several times that a certain bridge would be a good place to dump a body, not this boat ramp area. Much earlier in this case, when discussing Joe, he said that there was a favorite spot of Joe's where he would toss in small animals (nasty), and I think this boat dock area was that place. If Joe had visited Satsuma for a month, as has been stated, then he would have had some time on hos hands to do some fishing and get to know certain parts of the area.

Both places are on the St John's river, I believe, but in different sections of the river.

I'm at my office and not my home computer so I don't have the link, but IIRC, Misty said during her LVA that Joe was down for 2 weeks.

It's more than a little ironic that the same person who allegedly confessed to tossing a rat into a mailbox is relating this particular tale of small animal woe.

If I were being accused of a crime like this, I'd get a lawyer. A person, whether innocent or guilty, would be a fool not to.

He!! if my last name were associated with any of the players in this case and I lived in Siberia, I would lawyer up.

We were given to understand (God know from whom or why) that JO left in such a hurry (althought not as fast as the next day) because he was on probation and NOT supposed to leave the State of Tennessee.

My opinion only

Here is a link to Joe's criminal record.

On July 11, 2008, the owner of a Mazda Protégé caught Joe unlawfully entering his vehicle parked in front of his house! The car's stereo was partially ripped out and Joe admitted he committed this crime. The owner of the vehicle shot Joe in the wrist (good shot I'd say) which must have left a permanent scar. His sentence isn't on this document but because the crime occurred within a year of HaLeigh's disappearance, it seems reasonable to assume he was placed on Probation with the condition he was not to leave TN. I'm sure in hindsight he regrets the choice he made to violate the Judge's orders. The time this crime occurred is not given.

http://i43.tinypic.com/s5ye60.jpg

Misty did say that. I can't spend my day searching for a link but I have never posted anything that was untrue.

I think the fishing and alligators stories are sensationalism by Art H and I don't know exactly how much of what he says is spin. Here is the transcript where he talks about the alligators and who told him what. Yes, he said RC relayed the story about the gators...but I don't believe for a second that Ronald Cummings was going to throw Haleigh's body( possibly still breathing body) off the side of a dock, a few blocks from where the Mom and Pop Croslin used to live. If he did.....I have to wonder why it is that everyone wants to implicate innocent ol Joe instead of RC. Tommy hates him. And remember, Art Harris also claimed during the pond search that that was the area that Joe and RC were talking about.:waitasec:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/15/ijvm.01.html

For the record, I didn't say you posted anything untrue and I didn't ask for a link, I just said that I don't remember hearing it, to clarify that I was just going by your post. There must be a ton of things I haven't heard in the first place and another ton of things I've forgotten so me not remembering something does not imply that it's not true. I've even posted things that turn out untrue.

Thanks for the transcript link. I don't want to believe the alligator story... I just don't. I thought the alligators are not that active in February, it was discussed here earlier.

*If* Joe is in fact innocent and somebody is trying to implicate poor old Joe in something it might be because people would believe it of him.
I think he may know something but it's hard to believe that we've got the whole story. I think Misty and Tommy are trying to minimize their role in it and they're fishing for the story that would give them the smallest possible culpability while still being believed.

She is actually the 1st one to climb on the "Joe maybe did it" bandwagon. hmmmm....wasn't it said that Misty was closer to Timmy than she was Tommy because Tommy had "messed with her" when she was younger? Also, I didn't realize that she and Timmy lived in such a huge house that while she was up "going over insurance papers", she didn't notice or hear someone leaving with her van! :innocent:

Misty could have made this comment so if and when Tommy tells the truth about what happened to HaLeigh, no one will believe him. Chelsea supports Misty and makes it appear like Misty is never at fault. When Misty was caught drug trafficking, Chelsea said to Misty, "you weren't doing anything wrong, you gave them pills to help a friend feel better, that's all! If Misty did spank HaLeigh and she died, Chelsea would defend her too.

On July 11, 2008, the owner of a Mazda Protégé caught Joe unlawfully entering his vehicle parked in front of his house! The car's stereo was partially ripped out and Joe admitted he committed this crime. The owner of the vehicle shot Joe in the wrist (good shot I'd say) which must have left a permanent scar.

Does anyone know is this the only mark on Jo record?

I know that you believe Ron is guilty. I just don't get it because from what I can see, there is no evidence of his involvement.
1) At the risk of being mocked (not by you!), he was at work, so far as we know.
2) There has to be some cell phone pings showing he wasn't at the river if he was calling half the night.
3) Tommy is the one who put himself at the scene of the abduction (mobile home), a class sign of guilt.
4) There was no forensic evidence of murder at the mobile home, which very much narrows the window for Ron's involvement.
5) The scratches on the van, and perhaps the blood.
6) Misty and Tommy are the ones who keep failing the polys.

I'm not closing the door on Ron, since LE may know way more about the items on my little list here. But I still can't see why so many people are still convinced that Ron is guilty even though other people seem to be the focus of the investigation. We'll just have to leave it at that. I clearly don't get it.

I'm closing the door on Ron and TN, and I believe that LE has too.

Here is a link to Joe's criminal record.

On July 11, 2008, the owner of a Mazda Protégé caught Joe unlawfully entering his vehicle parked in front of his house! The car's stereo was partially ripped out and Joe admitted he committed this crime. The owner of the vehicle shot Joe in the wrist (good shot I'd say) which must have left a permanent scar. His sentence isn't on this document but because the crime occurred within a year of HaLeigh's disappearance, it seems reasonable to assume he was placed on Probation with the condition he was not to leave TN. I'm sure in hindsight he regrets the choice he made to violate the Judge's orders.

http://i43.tinypic.com/s5ye60.jpg

I was thinking the about that was the reason, Joe left so fast. He knew someone would say he was there and could be in trouble if he was on probation.

I leave Florida too, if I was related to this bunch, as fast as I can.

That's what I'm wondering! Did Grandma Holler ever say what the change was? It wouldn't surprise me for him to have had suspicions before he left Satsuma and yes, even if he is not without his troubles (I guess, I really don't know) this whole thing has had to be traumatic for him. IF he did nothing wrong, imagine his family turning against him and in the face of a childs death pointing at him to protect other family members...

He must have done some very bad things for the family to take this position against him. Grandma stated he has knives and guns, and seems afraid of him. There must be justification for a grandmother to have such negative feelings toward her grandson. It is also possible that because of whatever he has done in the past, and Misty and Tommy knowing her attitude toward him, and that she would believe bad things about him, that they are falsely accusing him of this murder, and using her in the process. MOO. OR he did it.

Flora is ad libbing. I think Flora is full of it.

Great Observation Pip. You hit the nail on the head!
Didn't Misty call grandma and " tell her the truth," then in the same time frame tommy calls granny with the same story.

Something sure smells.

When JO broke down crying and hung his head down that sealed the deal with me. He sure does not strike me as one to just cry about his family or simply because of accusations. No way am I buying that bill of goods.

jmho

If I was being accused of killing a child and being called a sex offender by my family and a good portion of the internet I would cry too.

Didn't see Scott Peterson crying.
Didn't see Casey Anthony crying.

Just don't see tears as a sign of guilt or innocence.

moo

PS- And I would lawyer up too!

Yes, I think he is. I think somewhere the truth is that Tommy, Joe and Misty were in that mobile home early in the evening and a party ensued. What happened after that is anybody's guess. I STILL think Ron, Jr. was the best and only honest witness. One of the two males took Haleigh out of her bed. I shudder to think about the bouncing couch. Then, perhaps, she was murdered because she was so badly injured they all feared both her father and his rage and what would happen to them all in the legal system.

About Joe's "I didn't do it." He must know there is an "it" that was done. that alone sugests to me that he knows what happened. Otherwise, he would have said, "I am not involved in Haleigh's disappearance." The "it" has to be something, in his mind. For example, a kid sees an angry parent and says, "I didn't do it" even before the parent asks, "Who broke the lamp?" That's a kid with guilty knowledge, either guilty of the act or knowing what happened and who did it.

I agree it is what Joe said, and how he said it that stood out to me. That entire interview with his lawyer beside him seemed a bit contrived to me. I believe Joe knows much more that he says he does at the very least, however I'm more inclined to think he's heavily involved and it is why he made a hasty retreat beating it back home and cut the vacation/visit short!

I have also thought from the get go that poor little RJ must have seen and or heard more that what we know of and I am certain that LE has had someone trained to talk with children about this type of situation work with him on more than one occasion. I recall not long ago on a 48 hours episode that a 4 year old boy had witnessed his mothers muder and was the prosecutions main witness. Although he did not see the entire crime occur the little he did see and was able to describe was unbelievable and finally brought the family justic for the victim! He actually testified. I have to wonder if anything like this might happen here?!

I'm quite sure LE has interviewed her, if nothing else, at least to understand his demeanor on the way back to TN. I wonder if she came from TN to pick Jo up or was she living in Florida?

LE would be interested to know whether Joe confided in Jenny and gave her any information about HaLeigh during the drive back to TN. Based on what we heard, Jenny lives in TN and they came together to visit friends/relatives and left together.

Has any other individual in this case had a statement this absolute made by LE in regards to their possible involvement with what happened to Haleigh? If so, I would very much appreciate a link because I've missed it.

Has anyone ever seen a single criminal charge of record for Joe Overstreet? If so, I would appreciate a link because I can't find one.

Has anyone ever read, seen, or heard a single negative word about Joe Overstreet that didn't come DIRECTLY from drug abusing, documented liars with pending felony criminal charges? If so, please tell me who and when.

We each have our own opinions, but until I can find SOMETHING, mine can't change. Right now I'm of the opinion that Joe may be the smartest limb on this particular family tree for getting the hell away from this circus as soon as he did.

It is mysterious that LE investigated Joe then ruled him out early on. It is very mysterious that his grandmother and others now say emphatically that he killed Haleigh and they still say he is not a suspect. Is it possible that early on he told them something they believe is credible about Misty and Tommy, but can't prove it forensically?

Does anyone recall any snippets out there of Joe taking a poly? I don't recall hearing/reading anything of a Joe Poly. Ever.

I did hear a report that Joe was given polygraph in the beginning and he passed. Maybe that is why he is not considered suspect? You have Misty and Tommy repeatedly failing polys and then Joe, supposedly, passed.

I was thinking the about that was the reason, Joe left so fast. He knew someone would say he was there and could be in trouble if he was on probation.

He admitted he was on probation.....or that was the reason he gave for wanting to skedaddle back to Tennessee so fast, he said he wasn't supposed to leave the state.

And right now, thinking about that statement, I'm not certain she was put in that water... Cinder blocks and rope could be just another RED HERRING..JMO.

Once again, I find myself thinking outside the box....I hear something and something else immediately comes to mind. I have come to the realization it's quite possible I do have a criminal mind...JMO

I've been wondering that too...is there really something in the river, or is it a dead end...just sayin

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VikkiB73
Back