Was Joe involved?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His attorney stated that his client has cooperated

If he met with LE for only 30 minutes in his last session, he was almost certainly refusing to answer questions. His attorney's view is Joe's cooperation is probably quite a bit different from LE's view of Joe's cooperation.

I don't believe Putnam County LE went all the way to TN to meet with Joe for only 30 minutes. I think they must have hoped for a whole lot more.

Which then begs the question: Why isn't Joe in jail?

Sheriff Hardy is confident enough to call Haleigh's death a homicide.

Evidence was gathered at Shell Harbor and sent off to labs.

The information which led to the search and subsequently the 'items of interest' being found was enough to spur them into traveling to TN for an interview with Joe.

If you had family like the Croslins, wouldn't YOU call your lawyer in? I sure as heck would.

GATHERING evidence which could implicate Joe is all they need to hold him with a charge. Joe is free. These tapes are a month old, the search at Shell Harbor took place in the same time frame. Joe was questioned at that time by LE. Joe appeared on TV with his attorney. Joe's grandmother offered her evaluation of it all on TV, and still no arrest of Joe.

If there was anything, one SMALL SPEC of anything, LE would have snatched him up.

I believe Joe to be a very cleverly designed ruse by LE.

I believe I'll be glad to be proven wrong. But I believe I'm not.

Not in today's time imo. Unless there is an eye witness to a crime other than those who may have been involved or a bloody fingerprint left at the scene LE/DAs are much more careful today and tie their case all together before they make a move. That is why we are seeing cases that were months old or even years old ending finally in an arrest even though they knew all along who the suspect was and so did the public.

It doesn't stop with probable cause to arrest. They know very well they must have the evidence to prove their case BARD in a court of law before an arrest is made. More and more LE and the DA are taking their time to gather their evidence.

IMO

His attorney stated that his client has cooperated. As it's been pointed out, Joe has had this attorney for various reasons for at least 3 years. LE arrested 5 people for drug charges and held them all with high bails. We've all seen the revolving door at PCSO for drug charges over the past 16 months. If LE wanted Joe in custody to ensure he wasn't going to run, or harm someone else, or was generally a threat and just to get him off the street, he'd be locked up. If the information is enough to arrest, Joe would have been held in TN just like his aunt Lisa Croslin was when PCSO wanted her.

I had mentioned at one time, that I thought the only way LE would ever get Tom to crack was via Lindsy and the kids. He doesn't seem to give a rat's about anyone else beside himself. Even his brother, Timmy, who he obviously has a tight relationship with, he has reduced to just calling to try to get to Lindsy. I think LE timed this release to help calm some of the fury that they are receiving about the length of time it is taking to solve this case.

I trust LE wants this solved more than ANY of us, and unfortunately probably more than most of HaLeigh's family does. I really feel for them and I haven't understood a lot of things about how they have handled this case. This tape release helped me with my patience level, and I'm feeling optimistic again after a week or so of really wondering if it would ever be solved and little HaLeigh finally being laid to rest properly.

Hope this makes sense, haven't written for awhile, and don't feel like proofing it.

Just to reiterate: The Croslins are NOT Haleigh's family.

I had mentioned at one time, that I thought the only way LE would ever get Tom to crack was via Lindsy and the kids. He doesn't seem to give a rat's about anyone else beside himself. Even his brother, Timmy, who he obviously has a tight relationship with, he has reduced to just calling to try to get to Lindsy. I think LE timed this release to help calm some of the fury that they are receiving about the length of time it is taking to solve this case.

I trust LE wants this solved more than ANY of us, and unfortunately probably more than most of HaLeigh's family does. I really feel for them and I haven't understood a lot of things about how they have handled this case. This tape release helped me with my patience level, and I'm feeling optimistic again after a week or so of really wondering if it would ever be solved and little Haleigh finally being laid to rest properly.

Hope this makes sense, haven't written for awhile, and don't feel like proofing it.

Makes perfect sense to me, CIFL.

I think they have had FBI profilers on this case and have from day one. The DA knows what he is doing.

I say where there is smoke:furious: there is fire and there is a heap of smoke gathering in TN.

LE/DA had a reason for keeping up the disparaging information about Joe in the public. Imo.........they are letting it known to "stay tuned." I fully think justice is coming for Haleigh and once all the evidence results are back that were taken from the river search we will see a move, imo.

IMO

Better to let him know what Tommy is saying rather than just leaving them with the vague idea that Tommy is talking. This could leave Joe knowing LE KNOWS he's involved rather than leaving Joe suspecting that LE thinks he may be involved. The first is likely to be quite unnerving, especially when you consider that LE isn't likely to ever give up if they know something.

Yeah... If Joe knows that LE KNOWS he's involved on the basis of these tapes he's gotta be jumping on hot coal right now but that's supposing that Tommy has told them the truth this time which is doubt because he's been hinting that he's telling tales to get outta jail. If he's not guilty he's gotta be nervous too because he's wondering how he's being framed. If Joe and Tommy were in it together now he might know that good ole Tommy's still keeping from LE all the good details that might convict them, like where Haleigh really is.

When Joe is charged, Joe's lawyer will have plenty of time to try to build a defense anyway, or, more likely, plenty of time to make a deal.

True but it's easier for Joe to destroy evidence (supposing there's any left to be destroyed) before he gets arrested.

We don't know if the profile that Grandma Hollars, Hank, Sr, Tommy, and others paint of Joe is true or not. But if this information is even half true, then Joe is their man.

I'm having a dilemma with this. If it's true he's so awful then he's an obvious suspect and hard to rule out. But there may be more than one bad apple in a tree and Joe being crazy doesn't rule out, say, Misty and Tommy hurting Haleigh, it just makes it easier to blame Joe.

If it's true that Joe's so universally hated or feared in his family it doesn't make any sense to me that Misty and Tommy protected him for so long. They should jump at joy at the chance to put him away for life, FGS. I don't buy the fear factor, he couldn't have put a knife on Misty and Tommy's throats from Tennessee, or from prison (at the time Haleigh disappeared Misty and Tommy's arrests weren't imminent so I doubt they could have foreseen the risk of being put in adjacent cells with Joe.)

I just can't believe that Joe is the whole story because Misty and Tommy have lied for so long. It was not for love of Joe, that's for sure. He may be involved in some manner but I think Misty and Tommy would have given him up in a heartbeat if the truth didn't implicate them in any manner.

Yeah... If Joe knows that LE KNOWS he's involved on the basis of these tapes he's gotta be jumping on hot coal right now but that's supposing that Tommy has told them the truth this time which is doubt because he's been hinting that he's telling tales to get outta jail. If he's not guilty he's gotta be nervous too because he's wondering how he's being framed. If Joe and Tommy were in it together now he might know that good ole Tommy's still keeping from LE all the good details that might convict them, like where Haleigh really is.

True but it's easier for Joe to destroy evidence (supposing there's any left to be destroyed) before he gets arrested.

I'm having a dilemma with this. If it's true he's so awful then he's an obvious suspect and hard to rule out. But there may be more than one bad apple in a tree and Joe being crazy doesn't rule out, say, Misty and Tommy hurting Haleigh, it just makes it easier to blame Joe.

If it's true that Joe's so universally hated or feared in his family it doesn't make any sense to me that Misty and Tommy protected him for so long. They should jump at joy at the chance to put him away for life, FGS. I don't buy the fear factor, he couldn't have put a knife on Misty and Tommy's throats from Tennessee, or from prison (at the time Haleigh disappeared Misty and Tommy's arrests weren't imminent so I doubt they could have foreseen the risk of being put in adjacent cells with Joe.)

I just can't believe that Joe is the whole story because Misty and Tommy have lied for so long. It was not for love of Joe, that's for sure. He may be involved in some manner but I think Misty and Tommy would have given him up in a heartbeat if the truth didn't implicate them in any manner.

BBM

Heck, let's face it-- Joe could be hated in this family if he were a well balance, truth telling, non-sociopathic individual. He'd stick out like a sore thumb in this crowd.

The fact that they all distrust him isn't enough for me, that's for sure.

One of the comments above made note of a statement "one arrested will be a shock and the other one not so much". After the past month of statements from LE, attorneys, and innuendation by the media regarding Joe Overstreet, is there anyone following this case who would actually be SHOCKED by his arrest?

I think LE could easily be closing in on a "shocker" or two, but I can't see it being Joe Overstreet.

Well according to many right here it wouldn't be a shocker at all if Ron was arrested or Misty or Tommy. From their take on it that would be the least shocker of all if Ron was involved in it.

So that leaves Joe Overstreet imo. I think the motive will also be the big shocker and how a (something) could have killed a defenseless child just to get even with her father over Ron's gun.

Steve Brown said he had no knowledge that Ron had any involvement in Haleigh's disappearance and he has investigated this case for months and months.

IMO

I'm not buying the whole Joe story at all. If they hated and feared this guy so much, why was he visiting and staying with Chelsea and Timmy and hanging out with Misty and Tommy, etc...?

RC could be the "shocker" arrest as it would shock many people if he is invovled in the death of his daughter, though I am not among them. If it was Joe all the time and they hated/feared him, why hold out over a year, leaving him out there to do all the harm that he supposedly could do? Their kids have been out there this whole time, not just all of a sudden. And Misty knowing she is in trouble...well, she is in trouble, she is facing a very long time in prison, that could mean anything, it could mean she finally decided to point the finger at Joe hoping for a lighter sentence...

Whatever the case, LE obviously is not going to arrest Joe on the strength of the desperate accusations of Tommy and Misty...it's been 5 weeks since they searched the dock...and I still don't know what they could possibly pull out of the water that would link the crime to any one person...

IMO, the whole dysfunctional, addicted group is something.
I can't make heads to tails of anything anyone says.
I really pity doctors, LE and attorneys on these people.
If JOE is a menace to society, why isn't he in jail for anything.
He has stayed out of trouble after a so called rape and murder of a little girl????
I would think he would get his kicks out of doing more crimes again.
Maybe it is Joe who saw Tom/MC do something to Haleigh!
All we have is lies.
I really hope LE will do a presser on facts.
Results from river search should be in by now.
NG said Joe confessed..........don't see anything happening there either.
My gut still follows TN,MC,RC and Tom...........with Joe ???

In my opinion a shocker of an arrest would be someone NO ONE would suspect like a grandma................

I'm not buying the whole Joe story at all. If they hated and feared this guy so much, why was he visiting and staying with Chelsea and Timmy and hanging out with Misty and Tommy, etc...?

RC could be the "shocker" arrest as it would shock many people if he is invovled in the death of his daughter, though I am not among them. If it was Joe all the time and they hated/feared him, why hold out over a year, leaving him out there to do all the harm that he supposedly could do? Their kids have been out there this whole time, not just all of a sudden. And Misty knowing she is in trouble...well, she is in trouble, she is facing a very long time in prison, that could mean anything, it could mean she finally decided to point the finger at Joe hoping for a lighter sentence...

Whatever the case, LE obviously is not going to arrest Joe on the strength of the desperate accusations of Tommy and Misty...it's been 5 weeks since they searched the dock...and I still don't know what they could possibly pull out of the water that would link the crime to any one person...

I don't think they hated him but they all did know he was crazy. Unfortunately a lot of families tolerate those they know are mean and crazy.

Sure wonder what his official diagnosis was when he was in the insane asylum. He sure is a (something) if he is capable of stabbing his own sister over a damn piece of bologna. Seems to be a walking time bomb with a violent temper.

Concealing a crime is big trouble for anyone who does it so of course Misty knows she is in big trouble since she was a part of the cover up.

IMO

Donjeta # 827 - I agree.

If you go to the Croslin's MS pages and look at family photos, No one appears to be in fear of JO. Then you have JO street down for a two week family visit. He stays with various family members. No one is in fear of him during his visit. The family gets mad at him because RC told all that JO stole his gun, which I still think that RC hid it himself in the culvert, being that RC found it and cleaned it ***wink-wink*** before he handed it over for testing. But no one was in fear of JO. MC hanging posters with JO did not appear to be quake'n in her jeans. I feel that he may or may not be involved with the cover up. But as for being directly responsible...I just don't see it at this time.

I don't think they hated him but they all did know he was crazy. Unfortunately a lot of families tolerate those they know are mean and crazy.

Sure wonder what his official diagnosis was when he was in the insane asylum. He sure is a (something) if he is capable of stabbing his own sister over a damn piece of bologna. Seems to be a walking time bomb with a violent temper.

Concealing a crime is big trouble for anyone who does it so of course Misty knows she is in big trouble since she was a part of the cover up.

IMO

But why? Why was she part of a cover up? Why would she want to risk her own hide to protect somebody who she doesn't love and who is apparently capable of doing anything to anybody? Wouldn't everybody be better off with that person in prison? Why did she point her finger at him in the beginning, he could have stabbed her for saying he was a molester? It's not like keeping her silence made her safe since Joe could have stabbed her just to get rid of a witness before she talks.

Donjeta # 827 - I agree.

If you go to the Croslin's MS pages and look at family photos, No one appears to be in fear of JO. Then you have JO street down for a two week family visit. He stays with various family members. No one is in fear of him during his visit. The family gets mad at him because RC told all that JO stole his gun, which I still think that RC hid it himself in the culvert, being that RC found it and cleaned it ***wink-wink*** before he handed it over for testing. But no one was in fear of JO. MC hanging posters with JO did not appear to be quake'n in her jeans. I feel that he may or may not be involved with the cover up. But as for being directly responsible...I just don't see it at this time.

I don't think Ron had any intentions of calling the police to tell them that Joe stoled his gun.

If it was found in a ditch of course he would immediately clean it. Dirt and grime can run the gun's mechanism and cause it to rust and not operate like it should so I see nothing sinister about him cleaning the gun.

I have seen hunters accidentally drop their weapons in the dirt and the first thing they do is clean it very well.

IMO

I still do not believe that Joe had anything to do with any of this. I feel he was the easiest target..

I still do not believe that Joe had anything to do with any of this. I feel he was the easiest target..

I agree with your opinion. At the most he was involved, or had knowledge. He has absolutely been the Croslin's target from the very beginning.

I agree 100%.

If Joe was involved and they were willing to turn on him, which clearly they are, it wouldn't have taken 17 months and looming prison sentences to get this story out.

And it is very convenient that the story of Joe's involvement includes no details about how she died, what he did to, has led to no physical evidence, and most importantly casts no real guilt on the other players. Ron, Tommy and Misty are merely unfortunate victims of the very frightening Joe who has one of the smaller arrest records of this crew.

Tommy and Misty said they feared Joe. But indications all over the place are that they did not fear him at all. The theory that Joe is responsible doesn't in any way depend on Misty or Tommy being afraid of Joe. I believe that a lot of things point to Joe, but I've never considered Tommy and Misty's so called fear of Joe as one of those things because I don't believe they were any more afraid of Joe than you believe they were afraid of Joe.

If Joe is responsible, there must be other reasons why Misty and Tommy didn't tell, reasons other than that they were afraid of him.

It is true that Joe is pictured on his myspace page with a very lethal weapon designed for killing humans. It's true that his grandmother believes he committed murder. Even so, it is just not believable that Misty and Tommy kept quiet because they were afraid of him. And maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see where anybody here is claiming that Misty and Tommy were, in fact, afraid of Joe and that this is why they didn't talk to LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back