Was Kaine at home or work the day that Kyron disappeared?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the last chance. I'm going to reopen the thread for discussion about Was Kaine at work only.

This is not a theory thread. Do not bash the family. If I have to clean it up again I will close it and it won't reopen. Thank YOU.

Remember our thread etiquette. We back up what we say with links from accepted media sources.

I am not getting the confusion with Kaine's timeline. It fits to me. I am sure LE has placed him at Jones Farm exactly when he said he was there. Kyron goes out to feed the cat. Kaine leaves shortly after, as Kyron is coming inside. They say their good byes...:( , Kaine leaves for JF. Terri "takes Kyron to school, and drops him off." Terri does her thing (that supposedly can't be verified), Kaine is working. Sometime during the day Kaine comes home to work (not unheard of at Intel..my dad use to work there). Bus time comes and TH, KH and baby KH walk up to the bus stop.

How hard is that to believe? You don't have to be all "perfect family" to go enjoy an ice cream cone together! Gee willikers!

I am not getting the confusion with Kaine's timeline. It fits to me. I am sure LE has placed him at Jones Farm exactly when he said he was there. Kyron goes out to feed the cat. Kaine leaves shortly after, as Kyron is coming inside. They say their good byes...:( , Kaine leaves for JF. Terri "takes Kyron to school, and drops him off." Terri does her thing (that supposedly can't be verified), Kaine is working. Sometime during the day Kaine comes home to work (not unheard of at Intel..my dad use to work there). Bus time comes and TH, KH and baby KH walk up to the bus stop.

How hard is that to believe? You don't have to be all "perfect family" to go enjoy an ice cream cone together! Gee willikers!

At the time I began this thread, the only thing we had to go on was Kaine's emailed statement. In that, he said "we," where as other reports said that it was just Terri that met Kyron at the bus.

The media have now clarified what happened--concerning that inconsistency. Whether or not it seems an important discussion topic to you, at the time that this thread was started, it indeed WAS an important topic, because there were inconsistencies in what little information we were being given. Now that it's clarified, I think everyone is content.

I am not getting the confusion with Kaine's timeline. It fits to me. I am sure LE has placed him at Jones Farm exactly when he said he was there. Kyron goes out to feed the cat. Kaine leaves shortly after, as Kyron is coming inside. They say their good byes...:( , Kaine leaves for JF. Terri "takes Kyron to school, and drops him off." Terri does her thing (that supposedly can't be verified), Kaine is working. Sometime during the day Kaine comes home to work (not unheard of at Intel..my dad use to work there)....

Hi Clue - this was a contradiction up until Kaine's clarification in the video w/Desiree.

Prior to this, tv/print statements implied it was Terri alone who went to the bus stop, even though we have had since day two of Kyron's disappearance - Kaine's internal Intel email stating he was at the bus stop too. :book:

A perfect example of why WS does such good: Puf was trying to dig into the detail of this discrepancy. Now we have the answer: they were both there, just as many of us thought.

My question, which I have posted before, is: since Kaine went to work in the morning and then worked from home the remainder of the day, why did Terri feel the need to swap vehicles and use his truck that morning? Why wouldn't he have used his truck and she her Mustang? A poster board project doesn't require an F-250 truck to transport it, does it?

I'm in Portland and I can tell you that in speaking with people who work at Intel, that it is NOT uncommon for employees to be allowed to telecommute (i.e. work remotely from home via laptop and phone) at least one day per week if not more. It depends entirely on the department and the individual's manager or supervisor. HP also is known for this, and both companies save a ton of money doing it. Flex time is also common, where you are allowed to start your day later or earlier if you have to deal with childcare needs or others on a regular basis. So Kaine working from home is normal with that company.

What would NOT be normal would be if he had a fixed schedule where he telecommuted only on Mondays and this particular Friday he was scheduled to be in the office but instead worked from home. Though we have no way of confirming his schedule, I'm sure that LE has likely examined that angle, especially if they have searched his house twice as Kaine himself says in yesterday's interview.

Just an idea: maybe he was concerned about gas costs with a truck if driving a while? That's probably the most reasonable explanation...however, I do find it strange that the whole family was "there" to meet Kyron off the bus.

Why go through the hassle of stroller/car seat and all the other things that come with taking an 18-month-old child out of the house. I think it's a lot more plausible for one of the parents to have said "okay, watch the baby, I'm off to get Kyron". Unless this was a family "ritual", I see it as odd. JMO.

...What would NOT be normal would be if he had a fixed schedule where he telecommuted only on Mondays and this particular Friday he was scheduled to be in the office but instead worked from home. Though we have no way of confirming his schedule, I'm sure that LE has likely examined that angle, especially if they have searched his house twice as Kaine himself says in yesterday's interview.

I think Friday is his normal day to work from home. But you're right, LE would already know this by now.

Your posts are always good, wondering what you think about the car swap that morning. What do you think?

Just an idea: maybe he was concerned about gas costs with a truck if driving a while? That's probably the most reasonable explanation...however, I do find it strange that the whole family was "there" to meet Kyron off the bus.

Why go through the hassle of stroller/car seat and all the other things that come with taking an 18-month-old child out of the house. I think it's a lot more plausible for one of the parents to have said "okay, watch the baby, I'm off to get Kyron". Unless this was a family "ritual", I see it as odd. JMO.

I don't think there's that much difference in mileage between the truck and the car... Mustang GTs don't get good mileage at all. They are complete vanity cars--not much room inside, but big on looks and power. Truly an odd choice for mother with two kids. (She got the car when Kyron was smaller and the baby was on the way.)

I don't think there's that much difference in mileage between the truck and the car... Mustang GTs don't get good mileage at all. They are complete vanity cars--not much room inside, but big on looks and power. Truly an odd choice for mother with two kids. (She got the car when Kyron was smaller and the baby was on the way.)

I thought about that, too, however if the roads there are anything like in VA, I prefer a car if I'm going a long distance to a truck/SUV. To zoom around in a truck is hard to do with the center of gravity...plus...the highways make it really fun to drive (and she prob. didn't let him drive it often). Wonder if she was repenting for something. Hm. Being quiet.

Maybe that depends on where you live or something?

When I go to pick up my children at school, the parking lot is filled with hummers and fancy trucks and sportscars. I feel like a fuddy-duddy driving my boring older 4runner. In fact, sometimes it seems like the other parents look at ME funny- like 'what an odd choice for a mother with 2 kids'. And that's just the mothers. You should see the kind of racy convertibles the dads drive. But, most of them are bald, so I guess it doesn't mess their hair up! I especially like the man-trucks with the huge wheels that are so high the children pracitcally have to get on extension ladders to climb inside.

IDK- maybe in other parts of the country there are more conservative standards that all parents adhere to as far as what cars they drive? Not here.

(I do, however, admit to having a vanity plate I've had since before the children were born).

Maybe that depends on where you live or something?

When I go to pick up my children at school, the parking lot is filled with hummers and fancy trucks and sportscars. I feel like a fuddy-duddy driving my boring older 4runner. In fact, sometimes it seems like the other parents look at ME funny- like 'what an odd choice for a mother with 2 kids'. And that's just the mothers. You should see the kind of racy convertibles the dads drive. But, most of them are bald, so I guess it doesn't mess their hair up! I especially like the man-trucks with the huge wheels that are so high the children pracitcally have to get on extension ladders to climb inside.

IDK- maybe in other parts of the country there are more conservative standards that all parents adhere to as far as what cars they drive? Not here.

(I do, however, admit to having a vanity plate I've had since before the children were born).

It's an odd choice because putting a rear-facing baby seat in the back of a two-door Mustang coup would be a back-breaking job. Plus, Kyron is required to sit in a booster-seat until he's 8 years old or 4'9" tall. He's seven and only 3' 8". And he would ride in the back-seat, also. And Kaine is a tall guy, too. That's what I mean by odd choice.

There were people wondering why Kaine said (in the interview) that he was working at home that afternoon, vs why he also said he was saying he went to work. Being a very plausible scenario, I didn't understand some posters questioning.

My post was after the interview, as were the posts that I was questioning. I wasn't saying anything about this thread being posted. This is a great thread.

I wouldn't call it confusion, but there's a lack of clarity on Kaine's part regarding whether he indeed physically left the house on that morning, and if so, when he left and returned. I don't think it's an intentional lack of clarity. For me, it's important to know for sure if he physically left, and if so, at what time.

It's a reasonable assumption, based on what he says in these interviews, that he left the house, but an assumption nonetheless. I'd prefer not to assume. So not confusion, just a personal preference to have these things more clearly and confirmed.

Meanwhile, for me, I'm taking that reasonable assumption that he physically left the house sometime prior to about 8:05am and went to his Intel office, and returned about 12 noon or so and worked at home, and I'll adjust as more info becomes available and we can firm it up.

:cow:

I agree bean! :)

Someone wondered who was lying, like the timeline didn't fit...no biggie.

If he did come home around noon time from work, then he would be a witness as to whether his wife was home, or what time she got home if she did run errands that a.m.

Maybe he got home just in time to catch the bus. Does anyone know if they walked or drove to the bus stop? An afternoon stroll to get Kyron from the bus would not seem out of the ordinary.

Although if I remember correctly the weather wasn't all that nice. In fact we are just now getting sunshine! :O

I've been thinking.Where was Kyrons father Kaine all day?What was his timeline?He didn't go see his sons project at school?

If Kaine was working that morning, who had baby K during the time SM and Kyron were at the school?

I've been thinking.Where was Kyrons father Kaine all day?What was his timeline?He didn't go see his sons project at school?

I have alot more questions now,seeing this is a divorce situation,can it be confirmed he was indeed at work that morning?Is he the one who drove the white pick up truck that morning?Can he account for where all he was that day?Is everything as cut and dry as it's seemed this whole time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member