Wasn't Caylee a brunette?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's funny this thread was started, my 12 year old walked by when NG was on last night and said, "But Caylee had dark hair".

I think they are referring to caucasion hair vs. darker hispanic or african american hair. In general, caucasion hair is lighter and they use that tool to make a general, first glance observation at the probability of race until more precise diagnostic tools are used. Now don't go slamming me because you are hispanic w/light hair or caucasion w/dark hair. I am just speaking in general terms.

oh just thought of this:
thick, light hair (light as in light brown) looks darker on the head, because it's thick
there's so much of it
sparse light, brown hair, looks lighter ....do i make sense?

pool chemicals lighten hair too

KC is dark, Caylee was light. By "light" they don't necessarily mean blond, they mean "light coloured hair"

Have read Some where ? that after death brown hair turns light.

I have read that here as well... soon after the body was discovered... there was a post.. somewhere... stating something to the effect.....

light hair turns darker.. and dark hair turns lighter... post mortum

hair loses pigment when you die. so it doesn't surprise me that they are reporting that the hair found was light in color.

actually, it should be greyish.

edit to add:

The scientists traced the loss of hair color to the gradual dying off of adult stem cells that form a reservoir that spawns a continuous supply of new pigment-manufacturing cells, called melanocytes, that give hair its youthful hues.

there's probably a better explanation out there.. but i'm running late for work

I'm sure that one of the talking head/pathology experts said that blonde hair turns dark and brown hair lightens to grey after death.

I'd describe Caylee's hair as light brown. The description of the hair found is light-colored, not blonde. I think we're reading too much into this. The implication is that it is consistent with the color of Caylee's hair; all we've seen are photographs, which don't begin to capture the subtlety of fine baby hair color.

I don't think that this has been said yet but in the very first reports they were saying that the hair on the skull was same color as Caylee's. But yeah when they were saying light hair it was making me think too.

I hadn't even thought of that yet, but that is a possibility. I just keep feeling like we haven't even begun to hear the depths of this tale yet.
I agree with you totally. I was thinking on the way in to work this morning about how we have been told that we would be surprised when the truth comes out. LP said it and I think someone else said it. We cannot possibly know everything that LE knows, leaks or no leaks, document dumps or no document dumps. They are LE . . . this is what they do for a living . . . they have solved murders before . . . they have dealt with liars and thieves before . . . I am sure that they are schooled on body language . . . they have been onto KC from Day One for a reason . . . and I am sure that if they feel that she had an accomplice or accomplices, that they are keeping an eye out for all activity of this person/these persons. We have sleuthed and sleuthed, but we can only use what we have been given and our life experiences and the thoughts of others here, plus all of the great information that is in the astro thread and psychic thread . . . so we all need to take a breather and let LE do their work.

Caylee's hair could have become lighter from the summer sun and pool chlorine since she lived in Florida and was probably swimming alot in May and June.

The FBI has a tooth. I heard on Headline news today that Dr. G had sent a tooth and hair to Quantico. (probably other things as well) They can extract DNA from the pulp inside the tooth.

I hope that doesn't mean they only have one tooth.

Maybe their description of light is lighter than say black.

That's what I was thinking, too. In addition to calling it "light", they have also said that it matches the length and color of Caylee's hair. So, I don't put too much stock in the "light" comment. I think they just mean light brown.

her hair looks golden brown to me.... For sure not "dark" if I were to describe it. moo of course (and I wear glasses lol)

Yes, brown hair will get lighter when in the sun, but every photo I've seen of her, the hair looks pretty dark and they keep stating "light" hair. And then I believe the sheriff said they hadn't determined the sex yet. It just makes me wonder.........

Just saying, she could have bleached Caylee's hair, remember she said "even if her hair were cut or changed, she looks distinctive" (paraphrased by me).

Just saying, she could have bleached Caylee's hair, remember she said "even if her hair were cut or changed, she looks distinctive" (paraphrased by me).

think you are reading to much into that....she swam in pools---with chlorine that will lighten hair---I have seen on those fashion shows or whatnots--they will say "I feel so much better blond" and its like brunette to me and ....

That's what I was thinking, too. In addition to calling it "light", they have also said that it matches the length and color of Caylee's hair. So, I don't put too much stock in the "light" comment. I think they just mean light brown.
Could the hair have faded over time from the elements?

That's what keeps running through my mind......the possibility someone murdered a child about the same size and placed the body there hoping the world would think it was Caylee.

How would this "mystery body" tie back to evidence found inside the A's home? I'm just not buying it (for now anyway).

I do know that hair lightens post mortem, due to cell death, and in turn causes oxidation. :furious:

Added Note - I'm in Florida, and in the winter, my hair changes to a dark, dark blonde. In the summer time, it lightens up on it's own to a bright blonde. Intense Florida sun can do funny things to your hair if you have the blonde/brown gene in you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895
Back