Watching Motions Hearing Live on Friday 10-10-08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the answers as to why Casey didn't search initially or "effectively" search initially, why she led LE in circles, or why she wants to do it now. As we all know, Casey has the answers to the questions and she has obviously made some errors in judgement. With that being said...I don't think it's EVER too late to help in the search of a missing child.

Sorry, that dog don't hunt.

ALLLLLLL this time, and she hasn't shown the slightest interest in "finding" her child. Now, JUST as homicide charges are about to be filed.....

Jeez... They must not have air conditioning in the building.. either that or he is like me... HOT FLASHES !!!

O/T: Don't you just HATE those HFs!!!!!!! I know I do. and it always happens at the craziest times - like when I'm standing in line paying for something. I'm always afraid the sales clerk thinks I've stolen something because sweat is dripping down my face!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I have been reading EVERYTHING about this case for two months. All of you are fantastic.:blowkiss: I just have to jump on this bandwagen.

JB is an IDIOT!!!!

Do the leg work yourself! What on earth has he been doing in that office from 10-4?

I pray Tim finds Caylee.

Thanks for all the great work

Welcome aboard! Great first post! I agree, he could do the leg work, he could also have access to technology to aid in finding these locations. He's an idiot. I hope they find her before the judge makes a decision!:rolleyes:

No kidding. I really want to know who/what is bankrolling the KC defense train. National experts, defense attorney (he isn't her appointed public defender, is he?), and in addition somehow she's magically bonded out on a $500,000.00 bond. Inquiring minds want to know who has the deep pockets, and why?

Her parents gave the bondsmen a promissory note.

ITA. I was not aware that "not fair" is a legal term. He is NOT entitled to discovery for a charge for which his client has not been indicted. As for allowing Casey loose to search, I predict she'll wind up in Puerto Rico on that longed-for vacation.

I am still reeling from the allowing her to spend over 6 hours a day with her attorney. It's definitely NOT to discuss the case.

And it is definitely not what is usually done according to Caseys home confinement officer. So, I suppose that is "not fair" to others accused of crimes, that actually have to STAY AT HOME when on home confinement! :behindbar

Is there any particular reason that Baez hasn't been conducting depositions all along?

I noticed the judge told him several times to go out and depose people in order to get the information he was seeking.

This girl is scheduled for trial in a month. Baez has been her attorney since July. Why hasn't he been prepping his case?

WELL SAID. :clap: That's what a good/competent attorney would be doing.

:crazy:
Perhaps he should have made a little 'cheat sheet." It's not unheard of. :D

If it would've helped him to have had a cheat sheet - GO FOR IT! To have done the work and have even a cheat sheet in front of you would have made him appear well-prepared. Many attorneys use legal pads during multi-motion hearings, which they use to continually write down their counters to points their opposing counsel is making. Pretty standard around my parts :D

She wouldn't if she was afraid to. I still think that if Caylee is alive, there is some very deep illegal activity involved with her disappearance. I'm still on the fence about whether Caylee is alive or dead.

There is nothing deep about this, KC is not deep. There is illegal activity on KC's part for sure but it is not some big conspiracy. Daddy always said KISS...Keep It Simple Stupid (Not calling anyone stupid) and the hardest part about this is trying to decipher KC and her family's lies, that is what is hindering the search for Caylee, nothing else.

She has said in the past that she didn't trust LE. So, if they (the defense) uses information that she has provided them (if it is truthful info) could only be a plus if it resulted in finding Caylee, which it potentially could. In that respect, it would be a plus.

Karen, respectfully here, put yourself in the State's position. We'll just deal with the child neglect charge here, ok?

so, the state says to KC, produce your daughter. KC either can't or won't. While I'm assuming that the State has no right to our children, in cases where the child can't speak for themselves, the State has a duty to speak for the child. The parent has a duty to present the child.

In this case, KC has flaunted the law, given the finger to the State. Just exactly how sorry or sympathetic do you think we should feel?

The very fact that KC won't tell LE or CFS where Caylee is speaks volumes. Whether she murdered her or not, KC is more worried about KC than her daughter.

Are you a parent? If someone took your child and you didn't see that child for going on 3 months now, wouldn't you be on TV telling the abductors that you are going to do ANYTHING YOU POSSIBLY CAN to have your child returned to you? I'm not saying KC needs to be on tv explaining herself to us. I am saying she needs to produce Caylee. She needs to be doing everything possible to get her daughter back. That does not include ID theft, forging checks, stealing from friends and family, and dancing the night away with whomever.

So, just in case I haven't been clear enough on this, yep, KC deserves a defense. But, dude, Caylee deserves to be found! Let's all stop this damn defending of KC! Let's get to the heart of the matter, the crux of the biscuit.

KC needs to tell what happened to Caylee. She has to be concerned about her daughter. KC will get her fair trial. Isn't she lucky to live in a country that requires that? Too bad Caylee doesn't have a mom who will give her the same right.

so. really long story short: I will continue to bash JB for his juvenile legal antics. I will continue to trash KC at every opportunity. Pond scum.

SNIPPED: "...I was not aware that "not fair" is a legal term. He is NOT entitled to discovery for a charge for which his client has not been indicted. As for allowing Casey loose to search, I predict she'll wind up in Puerto Rico on that longed-for vacation..."

:cough: I think he was *trying* to argue equity...

LOL! She wants errand time? Needs errand time?? What to go to Targets & write more bad checks!!

To search Fusian to see whether KC has been hidden there. To search the apartments of her various guys to see whether Zanny and Caylee are there. And, yes, to steal more identities, so she can shop for things and push-up bras.

:clap::clap::clap:

I cringe any time I hear a judge tell an attorney they need to go do their homework/legwork. Whether or not the public understands that this was not complimentary, the rest of the legal world sure as heck does and, more importantly to how this makes JB look, is that he is LOCAL counsel and will, presumably, reappead before Judge S, who now has an impression of JB based upon his performance today. NOT what you want as a trial lawyer.

True but - I work for a Fed Judge and while you have some judges who can't put their personal opinions aside about certain lawyers - most "good and fair" judges can. So it shouldn't hurt him too much as far as that goes.

He is Too Busy babysitting Casey IMO, and I also sense a "sense of entitlement" with him too. As to the poster that stated that some posters were judgeing him because he is a defense attorney and not on his abilities, I DISAGREE! I can only speak for myself, I don't see that he has the ability/experience to go forward with a case of this magnitude. My son in law IS a Great defense attorney, but he is also smart enough to know when he is in over his head too.

My family has three attorney's

They are laughing, a lot.

Respectfully disagreeing/agreeing in part, as I think the reason he got most of what was asked for is because the defense is clearly entitled to the motions that were granted. JB's problem is that he likely failed to follow the procedure-by-the-book to get it, thought he'd get open file discovery, an when he didn't, he rushed to motion practice instead of doing his homework/legwork, as Judge S so kindly put it today. The rest, well, they were taken under advisement, so we'll see.

I'm confused. Are you saying that the content in which Jose was asking for today, was stuff that he could have had all along just didn't ask for it for the state? Because he paints the picture that he has asked for it and it has not been given to him. Just trying to clarify.

While I agree with that statement if she is sharing truthful information to Baez, there could be some circumstances where they would need her to identify certain places, people, etc... that have NOT been interviewed or are even known to LE. They are trying to conduct their own investigation based on what she is telling Baez now.

Believe it or not there are actually rules of professional and ethical conduct that govern lawyers.

If Casey lead Baez to physical evidence that pointed to a crime then he is obligated to turn it over to LE immediately.

If Casey told Baez who really has Caylee and she is still alive ... he has to tell LE or he is complicit to the furtherance of a crime (kidnapping).

Now if Casey confesses to Baez that she killed Caylee ... Baez is obligated to his client, to tell no one ~ because the crime is complete and in the past.

If I were Baez the minute Casey started bearing her soul to me ... I'd tell her to shut up and not say another word and unless he wants to be disbarred that is exactly what he did. Period.

Any defense attorney will tell you this ... ignorance is bliss and if client wants to confess ... find them a priest.

I am sorry, but I guess I can feel a bit sorry for her Attorney. I can picture him at his computer with KC over his shoulder telling him to look here and there all the while sending him in circles over in over with all her BS. This is probably why it takes all day and he isnt getting any real work done.

I'm still on the fence with that matter. I don't know if Caylee is alive or dead.

Everyone has to do their own research and come up with their own conclusion on that. Nothing I say or present will change your mind or heart one way or another, you have to do that yourself. It is heart wrenching either way, a little girl is missing.

I'm confused. Are you saying that the content in which Jose was asking for today, was stuff that he could have had all along just didn't ask for it for the state? Because he paints the picture that he has asked for it and it has not been given to him. Just trying to clarify.

Yes. Most of the detailed information he is asking for is already available to him and he needs to do his part formally to request it...He has not done that. He seems to expect the State to hand it all to him in a tidy binder. It doesn't work that way. The state is obliged to let him know what is available and its up to him to request the detail that is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste