Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This time, a judge-alone trial. This time, unlike the Babcock trial, he is not representing himself. This time, he’s sitting in the dock, not at the defence table, still with the tiny braid tucked behind his right ear, still with some kind of shaman pouch strung around his neck. And this time brought to judicial heel alone, minus his wingman co-murderer Mark Smich, who may be called as a witness for the prosecution.

A cursory look was exchanged between Millard and his mother, Madeline Burns, when the latter was briefly brought into the courtroom yesterday morning to line up her day to testify in what is expected to be a month-long trial.

Opinion | Dellen Millard, convicted of first degree murder in killing of Tim Bosma, Laura Babcock, is now on trial in the death of his father

Last edited:
I wonder if that bag was moved? With that amount of blood, wouldn't there be some run-off onto the carpet?

I'm still catching up, so I don't know if ABro's tweet was brought up:

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 6h6 hours ago
Confirmed: Coroner moved bag before JJ entered room and was able to photograph it

0 replies 0 retweets 2 likes

I am certainly not discrediting JC but it is curious to me that she would be SO nervous and a 'train wreck' 6 months after his death by which time I would have imagined that she would have had time to 'digest' the information, so to speak. I suppose that once she heard DM had been arrested it must have brought a lot of new questions to her mind?

Just catching up .. and a big hello to all of you friendly followers from the previous trial(s)!

I don't feel 6 months is a long time after a death of someone you cared (or didn't) about to digest ... and even if you grieved/digested that quickly, I would imagine that experiencing a PD interview could shake up those nerves. Even a previous marriage to an officer wouldn't prepare you for being on the receiving end of the interview.

Certainly a lot of new questions, but I don't find her description of her own behaviour to be curious in the slightest.

I was curious about the lack of blood on the gun considering he had blood on his left palm. Maybe he got it on his hand after dropping the gun but it seems strange there's no blood on the gun.

I found this:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/ehs/docs/ehs_ont_amb_doc_standards_v3_en.pdf

"3
a.
An Incident Report shall be completed with respect to an unusual occurrence, including but not limited to, the following:

iv.
Cases of suspicious or unexpected death that may be likely to result in a coroner and/or police investigation;"

Not sure if it's the case here or not though.

I am well-versed in the very document you've cited there. Based on the testimony from the EMS responder, it seems an incident report would not be required on initial thought here. EMS was likely released from the scene once PD arrived. It is standard practice for the Coroner to attend and pronounce if the patient is not viable. With no interventions started, WM was obviously deceased on sight, and had been for some time.
Suicides, even by gun, are witnessed all too frequently in this profession and I would suspect that with the PD automatically ruling it a suicide, that it wasn't much more than a standard arrive and clear on behalf of the EMS crews, which would make the event rather unremarkable ... of course, until details on the circumstances came to light.

I'd need/like to read more on the EMS response times / reports, though, so if anyone has links to those I could weigh in more.

ETA* Incident Reports and Ambulance Call Reports are NOT the same thing ... the latter of the two are filled out for every call an EMS crew is sent on, but Incident Reports are not necessitated for every call for service.

Last edited:
6 months is not long at all. If you've experienced the death of someone you're close to and you love, in many cases, you NEVER get over it (although grief can change over time, you are NEVER the same person again.) She obviously cared about Wayne. When it is sudden or unexpected, it takes a while for the death to even be real - 6 months is NOTHING. Our society does not understand grief at all and judges those who grieve. There is no such thing as a timeline for grief.

I speak from experience - I lost my 25 year old son suddenly and unexpectedly 3 years ago next July 15th. Although my son was not due to suicide, there are people in my grief group who have lost people they loved to suicide, which makes it even harder emotionally due to the stigma (the only death that is even harder emotionally is murder.) (I realize Wayne did not die of suicide but at this point she thought he did.)

Myths and Misconceptions about Grief

Other misconceptions about grief: There are NO stages to grief (the stages were developed about what dying people themselves felt). Grief is messy and unorderly.
64 Myths About Grief That Just Need To STOP - What's Your Grief

Last edited:
Not long at all. If you've experienced the death of someone you're close to and you love, in many cases, you NEVER get over it (although grief can change over time, you are NEVER the same person again.)

Absolutely. I witnessed the death of my best friend -- my grandmother -- 6 years ago. I would not have been in any frame of mind to not be considered "a wreck" .. even now, years later, when asked questions about the night I get tachycardic and the way I react to the inquiries could go one of a number of ways, entirely unpredictable.

I get it.

My warm wishes for comfort and understanding to you over the loss of your child.

Grief is simultaneously the most beautiful and the most wretched feeling of the human condition, in my opinion.

Even if WM was left handed, shooting himself in the left eye doesn't make sense. The barrel of the gun is a decent length and his wrist would be at a very unnatural and uncomfortable position when pulling the trigger. If he's right handed, then it again doesn't make sense that his right arm would be tucked under his head after shooting himself.

Even if WM was left handed, shooting himself in the left eye doesn't make sense. The barrel of the gun is a decent length and his wrist would be at a very unnatural and uncomfortable position when pulling the trigger. If he's right handed, then it again doesn't make sense that his right arm would be tucked under his head after shooting himself.
If he shot himself in the head wouldn't he die instantly and how did the gun get on the bag. I would think it would be on the bed beside him. I think the police really messed up and they just accepted it was a suicide. Probably DM and his mother made up some story and said that Wayne was a recluse, depressed, alcoholic and DM said that he had not heard from his father and was concerned. The police accepted their story. If that is true it is dispicable because it cost another man his life, Tim Bosma because DM would go on to murder Tim.

We have not seen any pictures or descriptions what kind of the shot was to the eye. Thus as a speculation it could have been a head shot that slipped into the eye.
imho, it was a well staged murder and a reckless investigation did not revealed the truth.

Though he spent his last two trials sitting at a table with his lawyer — or acting as his own lawyer, in the Babcock case — Millard is seated in the prisoner's box for these proceedings. He appeared wearing jeans, a dress shirt, and a blazer. His hair was cropped short, except for one long braid behind his right ear.

He smiled as he surveyed the packed courtroom as the day's proceedings began. He also shared a long look with his mother, Madeleine Burns. She appeared briefly before the court, and will testify for the first time in mid-June.
Dellen Millard faces photos of his dead father, Wayne, as 3rd murder trial begins | CBC News

So MB is testifying in mid-June. The trial is scheduled for four weeks, I’m guessing that probably makes her a witness for the defence.

So, I imagine anything WM may have confided in JC about, having issues with DM were thrown out. Although WM was a private man, sounds like he felt very comfortable sharing his personal information with JC. Perhaps WM had confided in DM his love and admiration for JC, spoke of marrying her and DM felt threatened he would stand to lose a large inheritance should WM remarry. Very early on in this case, it was rumoured WM had a fiancee. Leave one to wonder doesn't it? JMO.

MB's brief appearance in court today was to have her testimony put over until June 15th. She looked over at DM briefly, she looked quite angry at him and the SOB had the nerve to smile back at her. He had the audacity to view the evidence photos of his deceased father....the devil himself. May he RIH. MOO.
RIP Wayne.

Trial over death of Wayne Millard - CHCH

Dellen Millard faces photos of his dead father, Wayne, as 3rd murder trial begins | CBC News

So MB is testifying in mid-June. The trial is scheduled for four weeks, I’m guessing that probably makes her a witness for the defence.[/Q
MB's brief appearance in court today was to have her testimony put over until June 15th. She looked over at DM briefly, she looked quite angry at him and the SOB had the nerve to smile back at her. He had the audacity to view the evidence photos of his deceased father....the devil himself. May he RIH. MOO.
RIP Wayne.

Trial over death of Wayne Millard - CHCH
The mother got away with a lot. I even think it is possible she is paying off people like CN and a few others. She has control of the money now.

I think I am finally caught up on the posts. Thanks Velma for posting the tweets!

It sure didn't take DM long to feel threatened by JC! They had only reunited in the flesh for the very first time, that same month as WM's death, and only 4 times at that! But yet the relationship seemed to be moving very fast - sleepover already, talk of leaving belongings at JC's for convenience, apparently DM knew enough that he would just know where WM was if not at home, and therefore no reason to contact him with whereabouts.

-I read at one point that WM had started including JC on corporate emails involving Millardair (Adam Carter Tweet: May 31 2018 12:22 PM-"Campbell says Millard would copy her on emails from the business, and let her know what was being done."). Assuming DM would have also been cc'd on same email(s), he may have wondered why his dad felt that JC needed to be privy to any Millardair info at all (I know that if I were in DM's shoes, I would sure be wondering) - which in turn may have increased the perceived 'risk' to DM's potential inheritance/fortunes.

-I was disappointed that no mention was apparently made during JC's testimony (at least I didn't read any testimony about this) about how DM had arrived home at WM's residence during her last phonecall with WM (I had read MSM reports prior to the trial starting, that this was the case?)

I wonder if rabbit did some cleaning up before calling 911?

matou, you bring up an important question about MB IMO. After all the text messages we have seen between DM and MB, I see no indication that MB was aware of DM's criminal activity. The one text that comes to mind is the one where DM asks his mom about how WM could be a great pilot but terrible at running a business. It's as if he was stringing mommy along on how he was a victim of his dad's incompetence, and suicide.

MOO

matou, you bring up an important question about MB IMO. After all the text messages we have seen between DM and MB, I see no indication that MB was aware of DM's criminal activity. The one text that comes to mind is the one where DM asks his mom about how WM could be a great pilot but terrible at running a business. It's as if he was stringing mommy along on how he was a victim of his dad's incompetence, and suicide.

MOO
I must have missed this. Where did you see this text?

Velma - thank you for the tweets.

Purr - I am so sorry for the loss of your son. Take care of yourself I have close friends who have lost a child and the 2nd and 3rd years after were extremely difficult for them. (Not sure if I am articulating that the best)

Hello everyone, catching up it’s friday night here in Aus, what odd bits that came out today. I have always found it odd that someone would shoot themselves in the eye. I have unfortunately lost a couple close people to suicide. Every person is different when in that state and no one knows what that is like as they are not here to discuss it. But I find being actually tucked into bed under blankets rather odd. I would imagine a gun flipping across the floor a bit. That poor woman what a shock to get after 6 months. A young person who was very close that took their life to us, I can tell you even now 2 1/2 years later if someone came to me with a different scenario, I would not handle it, as you reconcile all sorts of thoughts in your head to get through it.
My favourite tweet was when Lisa said he snarled and later smirked but they look the same and it was difficult to tell the difference. I need to read the first thread of WM to catch up still. ( silly me followed on from LB and only realised late last night)
Was there an autopsy done ? Maybe that’s in first thread. Bit concerning how thorough it was if they were so determined it was suicide. Yikes !

I must have missed this. Where did you see this text?

I am not having much success searching this forum for the text. But DM texted his mom with the question, and it was posted during the TB trial. She responded by texting DM that she thought his father's incompetence was due to him poisoning his mind, which I assumed to be the alcohol problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme