Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, they don't even carry extra batteries or a spare camera?

The ineptitude of the TPS just keeps piling up doesn't it! Cripes when I was doing PI work if I told a client that I only got brief footage of subject because my battery ran out I'd be let go immediately! Having a crapload of batteries was pretty much top of the list for day prep...

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Johnston says he only looked "out in the open" for a suicide note. "You're not suggesting for a moment that you conducted a search of the house?" Pillay says. Johnston says no, he didn't have authority to search the house at that point. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 35s36 seconds ago
The officer says the home was cluttered and dirty, and there was "the presence of cats" -- there were cages, and the strong smell of cat urine. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 11s12 seconds ago
Pillay is now showing this photo. This is the rear of the home. #Millard

DenOP5qUcAAZVIX.jpg

I'm very confused by the chain of events that night and I hope that the police officers who first attended the scene will be testifying later today. The officer on the stand now is an actual forensic identification officer who was called to the scene to document things in a suspicious death investigation. What is the difference between that and an actual homicide investigation as far as the forensic documentation of the scene? How could he have shown up with a camera low on battery and no forensic identifying markers? Why wasn't the scene sealed right away?
Same here. The officer is mentioning that when he arrived it was a coroners investigation. Who determines whether it's a forensic or coroners investigation? Is this why the bag was moved? So many questions that I hope we get good answers for.

So far I'm hearing that either DM or a combination of DM and MB were telling the attending officers that WM was a reclusive alcoholic who took pain pills for his crippling back problems and kept guns in a safe in his home.

Looks like either DM didn't have access to the safe or didn't check to see that WM had already disposed of the guns he had prior to his "suicide".

MOO

Pillay asks if that's the doors leading to the bedroom, but the officer can't say for sure. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 20s21 seconds ago
Johnston agrees that for a thorough search of the home, police would need to come back with a search warrant and really go over it. "That didn't happen in this case?" Pillay asks. "No it did not," Johnston responds. #Millard

The Crown now reexamining. Lockhart talking about all the things the cops didn't seize -- like the drugs and passport. "Did you have authority to seize those things?" Lockhart asks. Johnston says no, because it was just a coroner's case at that point. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Johnston is done. The next witness is another police officer: Kwang-Jae Lee. #Millard

He was on duty with Toronto police on Nov. 29, 2012. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
He was on night shift -- he was to relive the officers who were currently working at 5 Maple Gate Crt, which is Millard's home. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Lee says he was told that Madeleine Burns had called police, to report that her ex husband "had passed away" and there was "blood all over." She was on scene with her son at the time, Dellen, he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Lee says he can't recall whether or not he actually saw Millard or Burns there, or he just got told things about them from other officers. #Millard

Lee says the coroner left the scene at 12:53 a.m. on Nov. 30, 2012. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 51s52 seconds ago
Lee says he was basically doing security and standing by, in case anything happened. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4s5 seconds ago
He says Millard's body was still there on the bed when he arrived, but he didn't enter that room. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 28s28 seconds ago
Lee says he left when the body did, and followed it back to the morgue. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 11s12 seconds ago
He then went back to 5 Maple Gate, and stood by the scene. At 6:35 a.m. he was relieved by the morning shift. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 27s28 seconds ago
That's all for this officer. The defence has no questions. #Millard

I wonder why the Crown is not calling the officers in the order that they attended the scene? Would make it easier to follow along but there could be scheduling issues. And since this is not a jury trial, I'm sure there will be no confusion by the judge in the sequence of events.

MOO

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 45s46 seconds ago
The Crown is now talking about an agreed statement of fact going into the record. Evidence of a woman named Dena Colangelo. She is of ill health, and can't attend the trial. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 37s38 seconds ago
A transcript of her evidence from the preliminary inquiry is going in as evidence -- but they're not reading it in, so I'm not entirely sure what it says yet. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 19s20 seconds ago
We're now taking a 15 minute break. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
This officer again says he was told Wayne Millard had a "long history of alcohol abuse." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 43s43 seconds ago
Leonard says he saw Millard's body that night. "I observed that he was in the bed ... he was covered with a sheet, there was blood coming from his mouth ... the paramedic there told me the blood was consistent with someone who was an alcoholic." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now39 seconds ago
"I received information that the male had four firearms registered to the address," Leonard says. #Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr