Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never seen a real police interview before but that seems like a very detailed description of what went on without any prompting for more detail. Like when he said his mom went in the house for less than 10 minutes but more than 5?? Who says that? Most people would just say “she went in the house for a few minutes”. I did notice that he mentioned that a fire truck arrived first, but there was no mention of that in the court room. They made it seem like the paramedic arrived first, no mention of firefighters. If the firefighters did arrived first, which is often the case in emergencies, how come they wouldn’t have had a firefighter on the stand?
I think it would be interesting to know how the entire interview unfolded. Given he was essentially laying out a narrative (at least in the 4 minutes we've been privy to), did they just let him continue that way? I ask because I can't help but think it might be a tactic the police might use in that they'd let him talk and talk and talk and then when he's seemingly done the narrative, going back and picking apart his story with questions. It would be at that part that he would struggle potentially to remember all the details of his story and trip up. ie the police asking him to repeat a section of the story and testing it to see if he could replicate it accurately. But I'm not in LE, I'm a nurse practitioner in oncology/palliative care. The stories I hear from patients are true and don't need to be tested.

So he texted his friend and told him that something bad had happened and he asked him to come over because he didn't want to be alone. OOOKKK. But I have to ask; wouldn't you call the person who is closest to you? Why wouldn't he call CN? He wasn't alone. His mother was there. Why AM?
I agree with ABro below. He may have displayed that facade of loving CN but I have my doubts he was capable of really loving a woman in the true sense of the word. That requires vulnerability and honesty. He actually may have had some real bro-bond with AM (remember the huge abundance of photos we saw from Baja and their antics?). It's hard to know what drives the mind of such a sick man.

It amazes me that we're two trials in with mountains of evidence heard and there are still people who resist the idea that these guys killed for the thrill of it.

There was no evidence they were high on drugs. And there was plenty of evidence they were sadistic bastards.

For everyone who missed the texts that Goodman inexplicably did not allow in to the Bosma trial, here they are:

Now a text from Millard to Smich in July of 2012: "BBQ is the last piece of the 3500 puzzle. July mission." Smich responds: "I like bbq. And I like 3500."
Laura Babcock trial: Millard and Smich sentencing

What do the BBQ and 3500 have to do with each other if they weren't planning to kill the truck's owner all along?

Why do you think Smich was smiling in front of the incinerator the night Laura Babcock was burned? Why do you think he wrote a rap about the murder and smiled proudly as he chanted it?

How much more evidence will it take to understand that these guys killed for kicks?
Yeah it is still hard for me to think that it was all for kicks evil people exist and that is the truth.

Well I was out on the weekend having a nice drive in the country....realized I was on Roseville Road (barn location). When I got to the farm I pulled over and thought about the ideas that were discussed there, the plans that were formulated there, that Tim was there...Despite it now being a working business it feels sad and awful to stand there....

They did smoke a lot of pot
A lot of people smoke a lot of pot (some daily, especially medical users) and don't commit murder. There is NO association between cannabis and the murders.

As for the harder drugs, most addicts don't murder people (certainly not with the cold blooded premeditated planning he showed.)

IMHO he committed the murders because he is a psychopath and lacks a conscience. He IS EVIL. He killed Laura Babcock because he felt she had become a nuisance and he wanted to test out an incinerator so he and MS could go into business killing people (which they both enjoyed aka "thrill killing"). He wanted a truck so he killed Tim Bosma.

He probably killed his father because he wanted his money, didn't want Millardair and was threatened by his father's new girlfriend.

He doesn't see other people as human and therefore never shows remorse (he's incapable of it.)

He also shows emotional sadism (smirking at the Bosma and Babcock families in court & apparently enjoyed cross examining Laura's father). He is a sick, twisted pr*ck (to quote his own uncle who said this about him to the police).

He will spent the rest of his life in jail and die there.

Last edited:
I posted earlier that I woke up the other night in that exact position at which point I felt it was a "sleep" position. As I laid there, I looked at my left arm and realized that if I was left handed, that would be a really difficult shot. If I was right handed it was possible. But....it makes no sense to me that someone would be lying on their side like that when committing suicide.

To me...I would assume either lying on your back with a shot to the side of the head or under the chin. Or, sitting on the side of the bed, with a shot to the side of the head or under the chin. Sorry for the descriptions.

It makes no sense to me that WM would be lying in that position and suiciding himself. If I see this as suspicious, I don't understand why first responders, coroner, LE didn't seem to see this as unusual or suspect. It boggles my mind to be honest.

MOO

Plus, it sounds like WM may have been tucked into the blankets up to his shoulders. Who tucks themselves in to commit suicide in underwear no less. I would think most people don't want to be found in their underwear. IMO

A lot of people smoke a lot of pot (some daily, especially medical users) and don't commit murder. There is NO association between cannabis and the murders.

As for the harder drugs, most addicts don't murder people (certainly not with the cold blooded premeditated planning he showed.)

IMHO he committed the murders because he is a psychopath and lacks a conscience. He IS EVIL. He killed Laura Babcock because he felt she had become a nuisance and he wanted to test out an incinerator so he and MS could go into business killing people (which they both enjoyed aka "thrill killing"). He wanted a truck so he killed Tim Bosma.

He probably killed his father because he wanted his money, didn't want Millardair and was threatened by his father's new girlfriend.

He doesn't see other people as human and therefore never shows remorse (he's incapable of it.)

He also shows emotional sadism (smirking at the Bosma and Babcock families in court & apparently enjoyed cross examining Laura's father). He is a sick, twisted pr*ck (to quote his own uncle who said this about him to the police).

He will spent the rest of his life in jail and die there.
He showed extreme emotional sadism when he was cross examining the father and also the ex bf and his behavior to the families. He derived pleasure from saying things to make them feel bad.. I am sure he did this to his father and even mother.

Interesting that in DM's statement, when he says what time he 'went back' to 'the house' on Nov 29th (6-6:30pm), and noticed his dad "seemed to *still* be asleep in bed, which was odd, because it was late in the 'afternoon'".

Firstly, if one had attended a business meeting on the day BEFORE this, some 30 hours previously, would one say 'he went back to the house'? Or would one say, 'he went to the house'? ie if one goes somewhere twice within a short span of time, one would be considered to 'go back', however if one goes there one day, and then not again until the next day at an even later time of day, like say perhaps to work, that would not be considered going 'back' to the place.?? moo.

Secondly, why would he say his dad was 'still' asleep in bed? Wouldn't the normal thing to assume, if one had no knowledge of this event, be instead that his dad went for a nap? Who would automatically at first thought, assume that his dad had been asleep all day long?

Last edited:
Just watched DM's entire statement. IMHO, DM wasn't pulling anything over on the 2 LE. His detail about WM going around the house making sure all the doors were locked yet going to bed with his sliding door open right in his bedroom open? So, from DM's statement, WM was at the hangar at noon on the 28th discussing Barnes with RK. RK left Waterloo with DM. WM was then on the phone with JC until 3 am on the 29th.

DM tells LE that the housekeeper comes twice a day and he knows she had been there probably around 6 (then he changes it to 5) because there was a meal for his dad on the desk. The detective asks if that's who he met at the house and DM confirms; he then asks why she would be coming back at 9 pm? (I'm thinking that AM contacted MH who told her that WM was dead.)

Very telling for me was when the conversation shifted to JC. DM makes mention that she's a "cousin in law" , that WM had long phone calls and that WM had disappeared the weekend before. His tone of voice when he's saying that raised the hair on my arms.

We're not sure if DM got to the house while WM was still on the phone and just waited for him to go to bed. WM wouldn't have thought anything of DM coming in that late and on top of that Pedo was at Maple Gate, so I can't imagine DM going a day without checking in on him. Expecting the housekeeper to discover WM's body in the morning- that didn't happen and then when he didn't hear anything after her 5 o'clock visit, he must have gotten really concerned. Was WM's door open or closed? DM said he thought it was strange for his dad to be sleeping that "late in the afternoon"- how did he know he was sleeping- and according to DM he was very still and something didn't seem right? Yeh- sure buddy, it didn't seem right that the housekeeper had been there twice and hadn't discovered his body!

But the corker for me are the actions of MB. After being hysterical on the phone when DM told her WM was dead, so much so DM wanted her to take a cab, she gets gutsy enough to go into a house where there's a dead body and hang out in there for 5-10 minutes. By the time LE gets there she's an emotional mess again. Was she in there with her jiffy pack of windex and microfibre cloths wiping things down- trying to open the safe- looking for a Will- tucking WM in for one last time? I don't believe for one single minute that she was standing vigil over a stiff purple dead body with a blood covered head for even a couple seconds. And I don't believe for a minute that any sane person would go into a house under those circumstances by themselves. Something is not right with this picture. I can't wait for her day on the stand.

IMHO, these Detectives really smelled a rat- too bad everyone else was just looking to close out their shifts and files. On another note, I wonder how DM is going to explain away the fact that he told LE that his dad didn't have any guns but he bought a gun from MWJ for WM as a birthday present. That interview would have been the time to disclose this and IMO he slipped up badly.

It does appear that when he's fabricating stuff, which is probably a lot of the time, it feels like he's writing a script in his head and then reciting it. With a deadpan delivery. It IS weird and creepy, just like people keep saying about him.

MOO
Reminds me of the "this is what happened" letters to CN.

Just watched DM's entire statement. IMHO, DM wasn't pulling anything over on the 2 LE. His detail about WM going around the house making sure all the doors were locked yet going to bed with his sliding door open right in his bedroom open? So, from DM's statement, WM was at the hangar at noon on the 28th discussing Barnes with RK. RK left Waterloo with DM. WM was then on the phone with JC until 3 am on the 29th.

DM tells LE that the housekeeper comes twice a day and he knows she had been there probably around 6 (then he changes it to 5) because there was a meal for his dad on the desk. The detective asks if that's who he met at the house and DM confirms; he then asks why she would be coming back at 9 pm? (I'm thinking that AM contacted MH who told her that WM was dead.)

Very telling for me was when the conversation shifted to JC. DM makes mention that she's a "cousin in law" , that WM had long phone calls and that WM had disappeared the weekend before. His tone of voice when he's saying that raised the hair on my arms.

We're not sure if DM got to the house while WM was still on the phone and just waited for him to go to bed. WM wouldn't have thought anything of DM coming in that late and on top of that Pedo was at Maple Gate, so I can't imagine DM going a day without checking in on him. Expecting the housekeeper to discover WM's body in the morning- that didn't happen and then when he didn't hear anything after her 5 o'clock visit, he must have gotten really concerned. Was WM's door open or closed? DM said he thought it was strange for his dad to be sleeping that "late in the afternoon"- how did he know he was sleeping- and according to DM he was very still and something didn't seem right? Yeh- sure buddy, it didn't seem right that the housekeeper had been there twice and hadn't discovered his body!

But the corker for me are the actions of MB. After being hysterical on the phone when DM told her WM was dead, so much so DM wanted her to take a cab, she gets gutsy enough to go into a house where there's a dead body and hang out in there for 5-10 minutes. By the time LE gets there she's an emotional mess again. Was she in there with her jiffy pack of windex and microfibre cloths wiping things down- trying to open the safe- looking for a Will- tucking WM in for one last time? I don't believe for one single minute that she was standing vigil over a stiff purple dead body with a blood covered head for even a couple seconds. And I don't believe for a minute that any sane person would go into a house under those circumstances by themselves. Something is not right with this picture. I can't wait for her day on the stand.

IMHO, these Detectives really smelled a rat- too bad everyone else was just looking to close out their shifts and files. On another note, I wonder how DM is going to explain away the fact that he told LE that his dad didn't have any guns but he bought a gun from MWJ for WM as a birthday present. That interview would have been the time to disclose this and IMO he slipped up badly.

I found it so unusual that after DM called MB and when he knew that she was upset, that he would not accompany his mother into the house to see WM.

Interesting that in DM's statement, when he says what time he 'went back' to 'the house' on Nov 29th (6-6:30pm), and noticed his dad "seemed to *still* be asleep in bed, which was odd, because it was late in the 'afternoon'".

Firstly, if one had attended a business meeting on the day BEFORE this, some 30 hours previously, would one say 'he went back to the house'? Or would one say, 'he went to the house'?

Secondly, why would he say his dad was 'still' asleep in bed? Wouldn't the normal thing to assume, if one had no knowledge of this event, be instead that his dad went for a nap? Who would automatically at first thought, assume that his dad had been asleep all day long?
Exactly. DM slipped up so many times I feel bad for the Detectives that took the statement because they were probably thinking they definitely had a homicide. As if they hadn't seen this type before. The "late in the afternoon"- the "back to the house". Wouldn't most people say "I came home"? Even if he said he saw that his dad was home and was calling for him when he went in the house and peaked into his bedroom? His addition of getting his sweater- because it was cold? His call to his mom where he gets into the "Pedi is dead" story- when he say's no "my dad is dead". It all stinks. These are highly trained Detectives and they knew right then exactly the type of person they were dealing with. MOO

They did smoke a lot of pot
I think you're probably right that they did, based on the evidence that has been brought forward in all three trials. However, it's a huge leap to suggest that they murdered Tim, Laura and quite likely WM because of pot, either directly or indirectly. I'm not familiar with any body of evidence that provides a basis for the understanding that marijuana fuels violent crime. If such a body of literature existed, it would be unlikely that the federal government would be in the final stages of legalizing its' recreational use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717