Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked Adam Carter's tweets and that cabbie was from City Taxi at 6:11 am. (The second cab, the one from Toronto.) The earlier one from near MS' house was Oakville Taxi at 1 am).

I wonder if DM met him somewhere on a street or had him come straight to the house!

At the same time, I find his ongoing resentment towards DM to be a bit over the top? I mean, it’s been many years now since Millard was in his life, and I wonder why he’s still so visibly angry? He can’t seem to contain his emotions in a rational way wrt Millard. I wouldn’t be suprised if DM tried to recruit his cousins into the sex scene somehow. That would make a Papa hold a grudge! Uncle Robbie needs to get it off his chest, whatever it is. He’s gonna explode.

I don't find his resentment over the top at all. He knows DM better than anyone (or at least knew the younger version) and whatever he (DM) did back then, it had to have been pretty bad, to create that kind of estrangement with the uncle. Add in what he did to Tim and Laura and his own dad? No, I think uncle Robert is well within his rights to be utterly disgusted (and likely ashamed beyond measure) with this "family" member.

The way Marlene described it was that they walked him at 9 pm to the plaza, then he returned sometime in the middle of the night several hours later. She said she woke up and he went to sleep on the floor. It sounds like it was closer to 1 a.m. when he left them, and wasn’t back there until closer to 7 a.m. (if the cab ride to Oakville took 45 minutes). She may have got her times mixed up, but she got the key details correct.

I don't find his resentment over the top at all. He knows DM better than anyone (or at least knew the younger version) and whatever he (DM) did back then, it had to have been pretty bad, to create that kind of estrangement with the uncle. Add in what he did to Tim and Laura and his own dad? No, I think uncle Robert is well within his rights to be utterly disgusted (and likely ashamed beyond measure) with this "family" member.

Yes, I think it’s valid, and he has every right to be disgusted. However, it just seems Uncle Robert had a hard time containing his emotions each time he got on the stand. I would think he’d be more calm by now, after all this time has passed. MOO

I am not positive that MM got the time mixed up, maybe DM met with someone at that stop & they had coffee, dinner, etc at the plaza (does anyone know if there are coffee shops or restaurants there), he knew his dad liked to stay up late so maybe he was killing time. What I'm confused about is what took 5 hours to get there called a cab at 1am pinged by Maple Gate at 6am. Did he maybe go to AM house first, didn't he live close by, waiting for his dad to turn out a light or show some sign he was retiring for the night. If so, wouldn't the ping at AM's place. I'm just confused as to why it took 5 hours to drive from Oakville to Maple Gate (I'm not from the area so maybe someone knows hold long it would take - take into consideration probably less traffic at 1am)

I am not positive that MM got the time mixed up, maybe DM met with someone at that stop & they had coffee, dinner, etc at the plaza (does anyone know if there are coffee shops or restaurants there), he knew his dad liked to stay up late so maybe he was killing time. What I'm confused about is what took 5 hours to get there called a cab at 1am pinged by Maple Gate at 6am. Did he maybe go to AM house first, didn't he live close by, waiting for his dad to turn out a light or show some sign he was retiring for the night. If so, wouldn't the ping at AM's place. I'm just confused as to why it took 5 hours to drive from Oakville to Maple Gate (I'm not from the area so maybe someone knows hold long it would take - take into consideration probably less traffic at 1am)

I wonder if he turned his phone off after he caught the first cab, and turned it on again when he went to leave after the murder?

What I'm confused about is what took 5 hours to get there called a cab at 1am pinged by Maple Gate at 6am. Did he maybe go to AM house first, didn't he live close by, waiting for his dad to turn out a light or show some sign he was retiring for the night. If so, wouldn't the ping at AM's place. I'm just confused as to why it took 5 hours to drive from Oakville to Maple Gate (I'm not from the area so maybe someone knows hold long it would take - take into consideration probably less traffic at 1am)

It's entirely possible he walked right in the side door when the cab took him there at 1am. I mean, he did live there. No reason to wait somewhere else until his dad fell asleep.

Yes, I think it’s valid, and he has every right to be disgusted. However, it just seems Uncle Robert had a hard time containing his emotions each time he got on the stand. I would think he’d be more calm by now, after all this time has passed. MOO
Except RB has never been able to tell everyone what kind of person DM was growing up.

At the same time, I find his ongoing resentment towards DM to be a bit over the top? I mean, it’s been many years now since Millard was in his life, and I wonder why he’s still so visibly angry? He can’t seem to contain his emotions in a rational way wrt Millard. I wouldn’t be suprised if DM tried to recruit his cousins into the sex scene somehow. That would make a Papa hold a grudge! Uncle Robbie needs to get it off his chest, whatever it is. He’s gonna explode.
It's not a popular thought, but to me he has come off as jarringly narcissistic at every trial. Perpetually self-focused and and at various times so disrespectful of the rules regarding poisoning the process that officers of the court were afraid he was going to cause a mistrial. I understand his feelings on all fronts, but I don't understand his behaviour. He is loudly and openly resentful of being dragged into the whole horror show of DM's path in life, and yet he testifies in a way that results in maximum attention to those family ties. How his sister might be made to feel doesn't seem to be a factor. His tip top priority seems to be that not a single microbe of Millard taint sticks to him and that everyone knows he despises his nephew. It seems a strange top priority when there are so many victims in this case who have suffered and lost so much more.

I think the ping at Maple Gate at 6am is meant to show that he was still there at that time, and that's when he called a cab from that area to go back to Oakville.

I was assuming when he got the cab at 1am the he went straight to Maple gate, but you're right - it doesn't actually say anywhere that the phone pinged near Maple Gate any time before 6:11am.

I wonder if he turned his phone off after he caught the first cab, and turned it on again when he went to leave after the murder?

Good thought! Cause he only needed it to call the cab company for his pickup in Oakville, then again for his pickup at Maple Gate. In between those times he probably didn't want it on.

It's not a popular thought, but to me he has come off as jarringly narcissistic at every trial. Perpetually self-focused and and at various times so disrespectful of the rules regarding poisoning the process that officers of the court were afraid he was going to cause a mistrial. I understand his feelings on all fronts, but I don't understand his behaviour. He is loudly and openly resentful of being dragged into the whole horror show of DM's path in life, and yet he testifies in a way that results in maximum attention to those family ties. How his sister might be made to feel doesn't seem to be a factor. His tip top priority seems to be that not a single microbe of Millard taint sticks to him and that everyone knows he despises his nephew. It seems a strange top priority when there are so many victims in this case who have suffered and lost so much more.

I so agree with this! His testimonies have seemed more about his (hurt, humiliation, disgust) emotion than about what information he can offer the court to help the victims. moo

Last edited:

What if they did walk him to the plaza at 9 and he met up with JS... wasn’t she living in a house in Oakville?

The Cab Driver did not recognize Dellen (understandable) , but confirmed his company took info such as customer cell phone numbers which I am sure they have the records of (remember the long page of "agreed upon facts" (cell phone records etc ) that the judge is reading should have all that ......it is just that we do not yet know the contents.

Uncle Robert Burns confirmed that same cell number was used when Dellen called him ...... and all that lines up with the testimony of Marlene who told of two phones that night.

Those fragments of circumstantial evidence line up nicely and certainly show Dellen was not telling the truth regarding his activities that evening ..... and we must remember he was warned during the interview not to give false statements.

I am now beginning to wonder if DM himself may take the stand to explain some phantom used his spare phone. Hope so , this case has become very entertaining , Dellen implemented some clever coverups but his blunders will convict him.

I agree, though I get some hints from his comments that perhaps he's feeling angry for being, in part, responsible for putting his sister's only child away for life. He seems to want to make it clear he hates testifying: if he simply despised DM, he would be smugly satisfied to testify against him.

He gave it to police "when I was in a corner being interviewed about him," Burns says, gesturing to Millard in the witness box.
Adam Carter Jun 8 2018 7:58 AM

Last edited:
The Cab Driver did not recognize Dellen (understandable) , but confirmed his company took info such as customer cell phone numbers which I am sure they have the records of (remember the long page of "agreed upon facts" (cell phone records etc ) that the judge is reading should have all that ......it is just that we do not yet know the contents.

Uncle Robert Burns confirmed that same cell number was used when Dellen called him ...... and all that lines up with the testimony of Marlene who told of two phones that night.

Those fragments of circumstantial evidence line up nicely and certainly show Dellen was not telling the truth regarding his activities that evening ..... and we must remember he was warned during the interview not to give false statements.

I am now beginning to wonder if DM himself may take the stand to explain some phantom used of his spare phone. Hope so , this case has become very entertaining , Dellen implemented some clever coverups but his blunders will convict him.

It really is lining up nicely with the collective information gathered! I think DM will testify because he knows this will be his last opportunity for the remainder of his life to get to talk about himself. He will have some elaborate tale to spin. His narcissistic self won’t allow him to go silently to his 75 years in prison. I can’t get over how calm, cool and collected he appears in the video interview as he spins his tale! Without that detective’s gut instinct, there may have never been a video statement. He seemed to be the only cop not fooled.

No? They certainly walked from DM's SUV to Tim Bosma's place before killing Tim and that was a pretty far distance.

When it was noted that they were walking him to a convenience store (they walked with him apparently so he wouldn't get lost) but that there was actually one closer to MS's house that they could have walked to, my point was there had to be a reason for it.
Yeah they certainly did make the walk down Trinity Road and clearly it was for a specific, well-calculated reason. That's why I asked why did they walk to THIS store if it's a further distance....

Phone records place Dellen Millard at father's home the day he died, Crown says | CBC News

According to the court documents, one of the phones allegedly belonging to Millard calls A1 Oakville Taxi just after 1 a.m. on Nov. 29, while near Smich's home.

I'm confused. :confused: Did he call and use 2 different taxis, one earlier in the evening and one after 1 a.m.?

MM was just off on her time...she thought they walked him to the convenience store where he was going to picked up for his "date" at 9:00 but records have revealed the time to actually have been 1 am...for him placing the call for the cab. MM is right. She does have a pretty bad memory. He then called a second cab from the Maple Gate area at 6:11 am. That's my take on it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody