Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think a toxicological screen might have shown other things in his blood like poison or date rape drug? Would make sense if he'd died first and then DM goes in to set things up. IMO

According to the interview DM gave to police, he seemed to know that Wayne talked with the girlfriend every night because he said she called Wayne nightly. The article above said that he called the Oakville cab around 1 a.m. ? MM testified it was around 9 pm they walked him to the store. I wonder if she mixed up the time or what was he doing between 9 pm and 1 am in Oakville?

Maybe he went shopping ha ha.

I
Then DM wasn't where the cab driver thought he would him pick up. Otherwise the driver hadn't called with his own phone. - Is that right?

Now I think of it, my own experience with calling a cab from a public place is, the driver will call as soon as they arrive, I think to avoiding wasting time and to ensure they p/u the right passenger.

MOO
I think uncle RB had great anxiety about the unspoiled sexuality of his children of both genders.
No wonder, if you think of DM, CN, her female rivals and the male maybe-rival MS .... MOO

Interesting. I wish we knew the date of that text. LW the real estate agent also claimed that DM told her the house had been robbed and some items were stolen. That was shortly before the TB murder as that info showed up in their text exchange.

Why was he telling everyone that guns were stolen at Maplegate? He obviously never called LE.

Right! If the robbery took place after Wayne’s death and before February when CBSA found the texts, did that mean he had a stash of his own guns at Maple Gate after he murdered his father?

Just because it helps me when I type it out like this:
  • both DM's phones ping off towers near MS house just after midnight on 11/29
  • one phone calls A1 Oakville Taxi just after 1 a.m. on Nov. 29, while near Smich's home
  • same phone later pings off a cellphone tower near his father's home at 6:11 a.m.
  • records show Millard's phone calling CityTaxi Toronto for a cab that morning
  • records show the driver called Millard's phone with his personal cellphone that morning
  • documents show Millard's phone at the Waterloo International Airport on the afternoon of Nov. 29
  • then Mark Smich's home in Oakville
  • then pinging off towers near Maple Gate just before 6 p.m. that day.
Quite the contradiction of DM's statement as to his whereabouts isn't it? Cell records indicate exactly what we all knew/suspected all along. That DM is a lying, conniving, sneaking, murderous monster.

• one phone calls A1 Oakville Taxi just after 1 a.m. on Nov. 29, while near Smich's home
  • same phone later pings off a cellphone tower near his father's home at 6:11 a.m.
  • records show the driver called Millard's phone with his personal cellphone that morning
  • documents show Millard's phone at the Waterloo International Airport on the afternoon of Nov. 29
Quite the contradiction of DM's statement as to his whereabouts isn't it? Cell records indicate exactly what we all knew/suspected all along. That DM is a lying, conniving, sneaking, murderous monster.
Thanks Ontario Mom - I somehow missed the fact that there were TWO calls to taxis from different companies. It's not completely clear, but AC's article seems to mean "morning" (the call to CityTaxi) somewhere around the 6:11 am timepoint, rather than the 1 am timepoint. The whole time the cab driver was testifying today, I thought he was the nighttime call from around Smich's house. Without further data points, is the assumption supposed to be that he took a cab from close to Smich's house to Maple Gate, and then laid in wait at home for several hours until there was an opportunity?

Given that DM clearly knew of his uncle's disdain for him, I wonder what was motivating him to be persistently calling his vet clinic, even to dramatically suggest to the clinic staff that it was an emergency. RB comments that it was a brief conversation, largely drivel. I'd love to know what DM wanted/needed to reach him about. RB's comment too about not wanting either DM or MB to show up, presumably uninvited, while on vacation in Europe is also strange. I know that DM has cousins in Europe so maybe RB was there visiting those family members, but still, who just shows up in Europe on a family member's doorstep? Pretty strange...makes me even more curious to know more about MB and her personality.

I'm curious as well. I thought it might be about the pet cremation business but when I checked his uncle's testimony DM never mentioned it to him. (Maybe DM was sounding him out but didn't get a chance as his uncle hung up on him). The family dynamics are strange, I remember something about DM tagging along on a vacation with his cousins in Europe in August 2012. (Found it, link below, it was during the Babcock trial.)

MANDEL: An uncle’s disdain for accused killer Dellen Millard

Last edited:
Hopefully it'll become clear in the statement of facts? (ie. call from that number to the cab company, map showing where pick up and drop off was according to cab company records?)

As I mentioned above, I don't think that the Crown asked the cab driver if he picked up Millard, and if so where he picked him up and dropped him off, since he had just said he did not recognize him... which is not unusual IMO since it was several years ago and cab drivers have several people in their cabs every day, who usually sit in the backseat (so they don't really get a good look at them, necessarily).

I don’t think the drivers look that closely at their customers. It’s just another fare. I bet the driver didn’t want to be pulled into a murder case either. Besides, doesn’t Millard look very different now, with the longer hair, glasses, and his scraggly frame. His ‘roids have long worn off. MOO.

Last edited:

So I wonder if the taxi driver who testified today was the first one in Oakville or the second one in Toronto?

Does anyone else find it touching that his uncle stopped to give Laura's mother a long hug as he was leaving the courtroom? (and not surprising that he did not make eye contact with his nephew)

Does anyone know if the crown and defense will make closing statements or is that only used for trials with a jury?

Does anyone else find it touching that his uncle stopped to give Laura's mother a long hug as he was leaving the courtroom? (and not surprising that he did not make eye contact with his nephew)

At the same time, I find his ongoing resentment towards DM to be a bit over the top? I mean, it’s been many years now since Millard was in his life, and I wonder why he’s still so visibly angry? He can’t seem to contain his emotions in a rational way wrt Millard. I wouldn’t be suprised if DM tried to recruit his cousins into the sex scene somehow. That would make a Papa hold a grudge! Uncle Robert needs to get it off his chest, whatever it is. He’s gonna explode.

Last edited:
Thanks Ontario Mom - I somehow missed the fact that there were TWO calls to taxis from different companies. It's not completely clear, but AC's article seems to mean "morning" (the call to CityTaxi) somewhere around the 6:11 am timepoint, rather than the 1 am timepoint. The whole time the cab driver was testifying today, I thought he was the nighttime call from around Smich's house. Without further data points, is the assumption supposed to be that he took a cab from close to Smich's house to Maple Gate, and then laid in wait at home for several hours until there was an opportunity?

I also thought the cab driver today was from the taxi cab called to the shopping plaza by MS's house. Not even really sure why I thought that?

Unless they have more records they're not sharing yet, like other towers DM's phone pinged or calls made between 1am taxi and 6:11am taxi, he was likely right there at Maple Gate all along.

Does anyone know if the crown and defense will make closing statements or is that only used for trials with a jury?

I hope they do! It’s harder to figure out when there’s no opening statements or closing statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody