Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bed looks like what you might find in a spare room - with all the boxes, folders, books, magazines, etc., on one side of the bed. It doesn't even look like there are sheets on the bed.[/QU
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 25s26 seconds ago
"Mark and I passed out at some point, and I remember waking up to Dellen standing over us saying he was back from his date. It was hours after he left," Meneses says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 9s10 seconds ago
Meneses says she gave Millard a blanket and pillow and he "crashed on the floor beside us." She also says she and Smich walked Millard to the store that night so "he wouldn't get lost." #Millard

bbm what does a guy with two properties need to crash on the floor with another couple for? Weird.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
In this transcript, Meneses says to police that she wasn't comfortable being around Millard and Smich when guns were around. "You didn't tell him you fired it, right? You were lying to him?" Pillay asks. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 57s57 seconds ago
"He didn't ask me," Meneses responds. She also says she didn't think that the police investigating a murder case would want to know she had held or fired a gun. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 31s31 seconds ago
"He never asked me if I did target shooting, so why would I say it?" Meneses says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Pillay says she was intentionally lying to police and trying to mislead them. "No," Meneses responds. #Millard

Pillay is now moving on to another police statement Meneses gave to Toronto police. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now7 seconds ago
Pillay again says in this statement, Meneses didn't tell police she had held a gun and fired it. Meneses again says that's because the officers never asked her that specific question. #Millard

MM really is a terrible witness for the prosecution. In hindsight I'm sure she wishes she had just told the truth about everything she knew right from the get go. But then she had MS's words ringing in her ears at the time of his arrest. "Don't tell them anything". It appears she tried to comply. She's a good example of why you shouldn't lie or be cagey and vague to police during an investigation.

MOO

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
In one of these police statements, an officer asks Meneses, did you ever see it fired? She says no, in the statement. Pillay again says she was lying. "Who really wants to admit that to an officer?" Meneses says. #Millard

Both Crown attorneys are whispering to each other throughout this cross-examination, and taking notes. Pillay is working hard to discredit Meneses here. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 43s43 seconds ago
Pillay says at one point, Meneses told the officer in this statement she "always wanted to fire a gun," but didn't tell them she already had. Meneses agrees. #Millard

Pillay is again pointing to the fact that Meneses didn't mention firing a gun at the preliminary hearing. "It was never asked," she says. #Millard

Pillay says at the preliminary hearing, Meneses essentially said what she said here today when testifying. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now30 seconds ago
In the prelim, she described the gun as like something you would see in an old western movie. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now53 seconds ago
Pillay says this is the same gun Millard was talking to her about at the Babcock trial. #Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow