Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where he washed up but when he murdered TB he just had a change of clothes and then when he got home he just took a shower and washed his clothes in the washer. He even washed his satchel in the machine.
Too bad police didn't check around the home - could have been for checking for further guns, checking for further evidence of drugs, whatever.. they may have found laundry too. The gun and the pot surely would have been enough reason to further search? Too bad nothing was done. At the same time, I can understand how LE would not want to lay charges for a bit of pot seen in someone's home after their parent commits suicide.. but as another poster mentioned - would this have been the same scenario if the residents had been black? Or economically challenged? In a rented residence?

So DM stated in the video that MS was at work with him the day he came home to find Wayne. He said he drove Mark home and was reverse engineering the time it took to get from the hangar to his home, via Oakville. Didn’t Marlena testify that DM took them to lunch, then left on his own, without Mark? Surely, someone at the hangar will testify to whether Mark was there or not that day. Also, DM spoke of lots of mechanics at the hangar … I guess DM fired them all after Wayne’s death and only kept his key baffoon SS for his dirty work.
Unless the taking MS to work with him that day was just a lie, which he knew his bestie would corroborate if asked? Which again speaks to that there were likely some texts? Or maybe these arrangements were made instead via phonecall?

Good Morning WSers, I'm just getting settled in this morning and I am anxious to hear RB's testimony today. Should be an interesting day! Does anyone know if he'll have more freedom to speak with the absence of a jury? I am hoping for lots more dirt on the history of the disdain between them.

Just a general thought I have had for years ... a recent comment has me thinking about this again.

Did DM and WM actually that much free cash? Time and time again I see people comment on his wealth. Yes, it is well established they had a lot of money tied up in properties and the business/hanger.

But, the house is an utter mess from every picture that has been shown, old or cheaply made furniture, pictures not hung, beds without frames (or even sheets!). Only a couple new TV's (sitting without stands) suggest newer purchases. Further DM drove a 2000 GMC Yukon, a vehicle that was over 10 years old at the time of his arrest.

I suspect this was money that CM intentionally tied up for his beneficiaries. It looks like DM and WM came in to inherited wealth and had no clue how to manage it, MOO.

Thoughts?
Personally, I don't think there was a 'shortage' of cash.. don't forget that DM was incurring $15000 in vehicle expenses on his Visa every month, according to SS's testimony at another trial; MB was being paid $5000/month; DM undoubtedly took an expansive salary, and I'm sure WM did as well... and all of that with the hangar not really bringing in any income? So what did they have as income - interest income on their investments.. rental income from any properties (which DM said that WM did not own any, however DM himself did).. and not sure if they were storing aircraft related items at their hangar as a revenue-generating venture (I think I read they were doing that in the old hangar, but haven't heard same about the new hangar?). To me, they had a lot of wealth, and money - which was being depleted on a monthly basis. WM likely saw the money dwindling, with no new money coming in to replace it - and hence his grand idea was born for his protege son to run a massive state-of-the-art MRO facility - killed many birds with one stone - it gave DM an honest way to earn a living, gave them a way to start bringing revenue into their lives as opposed to just spending, kept the family name and legacy going proud, etc. jmo.
Also, people with money don't necessarily spend the same way that people with not-as-much-money do; ie there is no need to keep up with the Joneses, when you ARE the Joneses... and here we had 2 bachelors living there for years, and had their own priorities and decorating ideas :eek:

I wonder if DM was counting on the housekeeper finding him? Interesting point. Say he was shot early in the day (coroner said possible dead 18 hrs by 11 pm) she should have seen him? Maybe didn't go in his room?

And if DM is right that she fed him at 5ish due to seeing food at his desk, doesn't seem to fit with the coroner's determination.
I'm imagining that she likely learned NOT to go into his room. If the man had a drinking problem and physical disabilities, it may not have been a surprise to find him napping at dinnertime? Or not having a regular feeding schedule? The alcohol, if he did have an all-day type of drinking issue, may have taken over his appetite at times (although, wasn't WM a little on the heavier side?) I had thought the desk was in his bedroom, so couldn't understand why the housekeeper did NOT find him, but it was elaborated in MSM at some point that the desk was NOT in his bedroom. It was likely her job to just prepare the meal and leave it for him to eat at his leisure. moo.

Wayward son (Adam Carter)
Even incarcerated, Millard’s self-confidence remains steadfast. “I’ve always been able to achieve extraordinary goals,” he writes. “I wished for a challenge worth devoting myself to. Seems I got it.”
OMG
I wonder what *are* these 'extraordinary goals' that DM has achieved for himself? :confused:

I wonder if DM was counting on the housekeeper finding him? Interesting point. Say he was shot early in the day (coroner said possible dead 18 hrs by 11 pm) she should have seen him? Maybe didn't go in his room?

And if DM is right that she fed him at 5ish due to seeing food at his desk, doesn't seem to fit with the coroner's determination.

It fits because his dinner was on the desk. I’m assuming the housekeeper didn’t go into WM room. Maybe knocked on door, no answer so she assumed he was sleeping and didn’t want to disturb him. So DM had to make like HE found him. I think the housekeeper put an axe in his plan by not finding him.

JMO

They smoked down there regularly, from what's been reported, and there was still marijuana in the basement when LE were there. Doesn't have to be recent activity to stink. That smell lingers... And, much like cigarette smoke, it's probably a lot more noticeable to those who don't partake on a regular basis.

While I have little doubt that at least MS knew of the 'mission' going on that night, I think DM acted alone. Highly doubtful that some gun-trafficking gangsta-wannabe is going to show up to see his wares in action, IMO.
I believe they did find some pot sitting there in the basement (which can really reek, especially to those who don't partake!).. and the plant.. I have no experience whatsoever with plants and what kind of odor they might have before they're dried into weed and cured and whatever.. I hear however, that they also smell. Anyone know how much the plants smell when they're growing?

Yes, he is in the category of an "organized serial killer". This was not random IMO. Within a few days he was texting MS about his plan to fire people, etc. He had a plan to run the "business" his way.

Interesting point. I assume those firings, almost immediately after the death/murder, will be brought up to show that these are not the actions of a distraught, grieving child. But the are the actions of a cold, ruthless, selfish individual.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
We're now underway. Crown Ken Lockhart is starting with another agreed statement of fact. It's a series of maps and charts from phone records. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
This evidence comes from an intelligence analyst from Toronto police. She was provided with the records from phone numbers connected to the case. They're going in as an agreed statement of facts because neither side is contesting it. #Millard

Lockhart is now going through some of these maps and charts on a screen. They related to cell phone records from around the time Wayne Millard died -- in late Nov. 2012. #Millard

Doesn't matter. She has put the pieces in place for what happened that night. Phone records will show Millards phone being there that night, CC records will show his card was used to buy pizza, and taxi records will show a fare was picked up at that time and place and dropped off at Maplegate. You can think what you want about MM, but if facts are backing up the story she is telling, then there is no reason to disbelieve her.

She did? I don’t know but common sense might suggest if a witness is about to testify to the whereabouts of an accused the night before a murder, they’d be aware of the date in question. As Kamille pointed out, November 28th was a Wednesday. The murder did not occur on a weekend.

• Pillay says Meneses is "confusing nights" about the night Millard went on the date. Meneses says no.
    by Adam Carter 10:28 AM yesterday

• Meneses agrees this must have happened on a weekend, because she was drinking, and she usually only drank on weekends.
    by Adam Carter 10:28 AM yesterday

Aside from her “confusion” that she either denied or admitted to more than once, there’s the testimony about the cellphone. In November (or earlier), why would she think it a birthday gift, as opposed to a Christmas present for her?

• Pillay now asking about the phone Millard left behind. Meneses says she saw it there in Smich's room, and picked it up. Meneses says she thought it might have been a gift for her, and she was excited about that.
    by Adam Carter 10:29 AM yesterday
  • The phone was a Samsung, Meneses agrees. "Mark was the one who told me it was Dellen's phone," Meneses says. She also says she was thinking it could be a gift for her from Smich because she had a birthday coming up. Her birthday is on Feb. 26.
    by Adam Carter 10:31 AM yesterday
The Wayne Millard trial, Day 5

If you are able to link any tweets that indicate her testimony and recollect was very specific to the exact night in question, I’d appreciate it because I sure didn’t see it. Her testimony was disappointing, to me it seemed she wasn’t certain about anything. It is my hope there are more credible witnesses yet to come.

Lockhart is breezing through this -- we're dealing with three phones here so far, but he hasn't alleged exactly who was using these phones, or to where. I expect a witness will actually go through this evidence at a later date. #Millard

Crown Jill Cameron is now calling their first witness for today: Tracy Reddy. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Reddy works at a mortgage company as an "asset quality analyst." She's also a captain in the Canadian Armed Forces reserve. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 50s51 seconds ago
She was working with the forces back in 2012. She knew Wayne Millard as "an acquaintance by phone" and email. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
In 2012 she was planning a change of command ceremony that was happening in the spring of 2013. The unit was located in Ayr, Ont. She drove to the airport, looking for a large building to have the ceremony. She came across the MillardAir hangar, she says, and called it. #MIllard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
She got in touch with Wayne Millard about it. Reddy says Millard told her, "I would be happy to host you. I would be happy for you to have your ceremony here free of charge." #Millard

Again, this was for a change of command ceremony for the spring of 2013. This call happened in September of 2012. #Millard

So the Crown is bringing this witness in an attempt to show Millard was planning for things in his life past the date he died in November of 2012. They did something similar with Wayne Millard's former girlfriend, Janet Campbell. #Millard

The Crown is also showing am email from Wayne Millard about this, confirming the booking for the hangar. #Millard

If you are able to link any tweets that indicate her testimony and recollect was very specific to the exact night in question, I’d appreciate it because I sure didn’t see it. Her testimony was disappointing, to me it seemed she wasn’t certain about anything. It is my hope there are more credible witnesses yet to come.
It wasn't allowed. Smitch told her WM died the night Millard slept over.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 49s50 seconds ago
Reddy says she changed units, so she wouldn't be doing this ceremony, but she wanted to offer the space to that older unit. Wayne contacted her Nov. 8, 2012, asking her to contact him. He said he could offer the inside of the hangar for the ceremony. #Millard

Reddy says she did get in touch with Millard. They talked by phone. "Wayne was very excited about what I had proposed," she says. He said he'd come up with a plan with the airport, for the opening of his hangar at the same time. #Millard

She says she followed up with her commanding officer about this by email, and copied Wayne Millard on it. #Millard

Reddy says her Major replied back saying the could hold the "annual ceremony of review" a week before and do the "change of command" ceremony at the hangar. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
She says her detachment would need to approve this plan, with including the grand opening for the hangar. "Did you ever speak or hear from Wayne Millard again after that Nov. 8 conversation?" Cameron asks. "No," Reddy says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 19s19 seconds ago
She says her major tried to contact Millard in January, but didn't hear back. He was already dead by this point. #Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo