Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
"I was concerned because Wayne had been so quick to respond to all my other communication," Reddy says. She emailed Millard on Jan. 10, 2013, reaching out again. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Reddy says she never heard back, for either calls or emails. She thought he might have been out of the country. She says Dellen Millard contacted her superiors from Wayne's email to say "unfortunately Wayne had passed." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Millard wrote on the email from Jan. 14 "I'm sorry to report that my father Wayne passed away last month." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
The major then gives his condolences, and explains the plan they had made with Wayne, before his death. This is in an email response. They ask if he'd like to continue this project or not. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Reddy says she heard from "someone" in a voicemail in April. Pillay objects, saying it's improper if she doesn't know who the person was. #Millard

The judge allows it. Reddy says the call was from someone in the MillardAir group on April 4, 2013, asking her to call back. #Millard

She says it was an "odd phone call." She was told MillardAir was having "logistical problems with the ceremony." She says "this person seemed rather annoyed with this." She says it was a bad connection on the call, and she didn't push it any further. #Millard

By this point, the ceremony was planned elsewhere, Reddy says, because they hadn't gotten confirmation. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Pillay says he has no questions. The witness is finished. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 33s34 seconds ago
The Crown's next witness is Robert Burns, Millard's uncle. #Millard

I believe they did find some pot sitting there in the basement (which can really reek, especially to those who don't partake!).. and the plant.. I have no experience whatsoever with plants and what kind of odor they might have before they're dried into weed and cured and whatever.. I hear however, that they also smell. Anyone know how much the plants smell when they're growing?

I have a bit of knowledge about this topic. I did have my possession license for a year but haven’t renewed it. Pot smoke is a bit different then cigarette smoke. I found the Odor from oitdidnt stock to everything like cigarettes do. So to me, the “lingering” smell of pot tells me it was recently smoked by DM.

I know some big pot smokers, they smoke pot in their house but refuse to smell he cigarettes in it. You’d never know they smoker pot in their houses when you walk in, unless they just smoked it.

Growing pot is VERY smelly! In the beginning stages it’s nothing more then a “house plant” as they don’t stink. As the plant matures, it’s reeks horribly! My parents have a licensed pot grower behind them. I have a hard time still on parents deck when the wind is blowing our way. Smells like a herd of skunks sprayed on the table in front of us. It’s gross!

Millard is just typing on a laptop, and not looking up at his uncle. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 54s54 seconds ago
Crown Ken Lockhart is questioning Burns. Burns says he has been a vet for 30 years, and lives in the GTA. Burns says Millard is his nephew -- he's Madeleine Burns' brother. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 31s32 seconds ago
Burns says initially he would see Millard pretty frequently when he was younger, but, "when I started to make personal observations, which I'm not allowed to-" and Pillay immediately jumps in. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 12s12 seconds ago
Burns says he had "made suggestions to his mother and father." Now the judge jumps in. Burns agrees that later on in life, he saw Dellen Millard less. He says Dellen Millard was hanging out with his children. "I tried to minimize it," Burns said. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4s4 seconds ago
"He was forging with in his mind was a decent relationship. I had a different opinion." The judge again cautions him. Burns says he knew Wayne #Millard in the 80s, but "terminated his relationship" with Wayne Millard before he married Burns. "Their relationship was not good."

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 17s17 seconds ago
Burns says later in life, Wayne Millard requested his expertise as a vet to treat some of his cats. #Millard

Burns says the last time he spoke to Dellen Millard on the phone was before his arrest. A woman who worked at his clinic said Millard had been calling the clinic frequently trying to get in touch with him, but he was in Europe at the time. #Millard

The woman passed on Millard's number. The Crown asks Burns if he remembers the number. Burns says he doesn't, he had it in his phone. But he gave it to police "when I was in a corner being interviewed about him," Burns says, gesturing to Millard in the witness box. #Millard

"I didn't want him, nor his mother showing up on this holiday to be with my kids," Burns says. #Millard

So we're not going to hear what "observations" RB made of DM when he was younger and what "suggestions" he made to his parents. I hope he does an interview when this is over. I hope Adam Carter is able to do a real expose on all of this.

MOO

Burns says the number Millard gave at the clinic was 6475017151. He was told this was an emergency. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 39s39 seconds ago
Burns says he believed at the time this was an emergency. He called the number, and Millard answered. "I quickly asserted in fact there was no emergency." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 31s31 seconds ago
Burns says the call was "pretty brief" because the conversation was "just drivel" and he hung up on Millard. He says he thinks this happened around Easter. #Millard

I’m pretty sure that RB knows deep down that his newphew did ALL if these terrible murders! This gesture is pretty telling!

Jun 8 2018 11:03 AM
That's it from Burns. Pillay has no questions. As he's leaving, Burns stops to share a long hug with Linda Babcock, Laura Babcock's mother, in the body of the court. He never once looked over at Millard in the witness box, but Millard watched him the whole time.
Adam Carter

That's it from Burns. Pillay has no questions. As he's leaving, Burns stops to share a long hug with Linda Babcock, Laura Babcock's mother, in the body of the court. He never once looked over at Millard in the witness box, but Millard watched him the whole time. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Through all that, it's very, very clear that Burns does not care for Millard, at all. We're now on a morning break. #Millard

I'm sure the phone number provided is for DM's second phone that MM talked about in her testimony.
I think the point was associating the phone number with DM, with some bonus snark and contempt.
Ohhh! I do hope you guys are right! That he used the same phone as called the cab.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members