Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Finn says Millard told him he had the handguns from when he was flying remote flights. He had them for protection in case he had to ditch the plane, but he no longer needed them. Millard was still licensed, he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Finn now saying he took six firearms from Millard's home on that day. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 55s55 seconds ago
Millard's lawyer, Ravin Pillay, is now cross-examining. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 51s51 seconds ago
Finn says Millard had a licence to possess firearms, but there was one that was prohibited because of the length of its barrel. His guns were registered, he says. #Millard

Lots of guns, who has that many guns and why the need? One maybe. My uncles had rifles but they lived in northern Ontario and frequently went hunting. In this scenario, it seems over the top IMO and perhaps a red flag for police.

Lots of guns, who has that many guns and why the need? One maybe. My uncles had rifles but they lived in northern Ontario and frequently went hunting. In this scenario, it seems over the top IMO and perhaps a red flag for police.

It’s not really clear from the tweets but it seems it was Wayne who flew remote flights so the testimony about turning over the guns appears to have occured prior to his death.

I’d suspect WM wanted the guns out of the house and destroyed because be didn’t want to risk DM accessing them.

Last edited:

A lot of gun enthusiasts have multiple guns. Its not at all uncommon, and especially when someone has a big home to protect.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 20s20 seconds ago
The Crown just read out one of the numbers from the earlier agreed statement of facts, and asked Singh if he had ever called it. He says no. That's it for Singh -- no cross examination from Pillay. #Millard

Presumably the driver wouldn't have to call the customer's number unless the fare didn't show up at the pick-up spot...? So maybe the fact that he didn't call the number implies that he picked up the customer and drove him as planned? They couldn't ask him to confirm that he picked up and dropped off DM since he just said he didn't remember him, IMO.

But yeah, I would assume that there is evidence in phone records tying one of the numbers in the agreed statement of facts that they did this morning to this cab company and this particular driver on that day...

Presumably the driver wouldn't have to call the customer's number unless the fare didn't show up at the pick-up spot...? So maybe the fact that he didn't call the number implies that he picked up the customer and drove him as planned? They couldn't ask him to confirm that he picked up and dropped off DM since he just said he didn't remember him, IMO.

But yeah, I would assume that there is evidence in phone records tying one of the numbers in the agreed statement of facts that they did this morning to this cab company and this particular driver on that day...

It's strange they brought this witness and a translator in for what was actually said. They didn't ask if he picked up a passenger and if so, where he dropped that person off.

So what did the cab driver actually say?

1. there's a computer in the cab that acts as a go between from dispatch
2. the only info he gets about a customer is address, job number and customer's phone number
3. he was working on 11/29, the day WM died
4. he does not recognize DM as a customer
5. uses his own personal cell to call customers if it's necessary
6. he never called the number (6475017151) from the earlier agreed statement of facts

I thought if I wrote it all out it would make more sense as to why he was called as a witness in the first place.
Joke's on me because it still doesn't make sense :p

There has to be some really good reason he was called but I just can't see it.

It’s not really clear from the tweets but it seems it was Wayne who flew remote flights so the testimony about turning over the guns appears to have occured prior to his death.

I’d suspect WM wanted the guns out of the house and destroyed because be didn’t want to risk DM accessing them.

They picked up the guns Dec 2, 2010 - a couple of years before WM was killed.

I'm thinking that perhaps Wayne didn't tell DM that he was getting rid of all of his guns - there may have been some objection!

Well there have been stories about what happened to WM's guns but it appears that DM didn't know about them all being turned in? Haven't we been hearing about him giving them to friends?

Or those were just the stories he was floating to make it seem like WM still had at least one gun?

MOO

Well there have been stories about what happened to WM's guns but it appears that DM didn't know about them all being turned in? Haven't we been hearing about him giving them to friends?

Or those were just the stories he was floating to make it seem like WM still had at least one gun?

MOO
Or they were kept in a safe as per Madeleine Burns and Dellen IIRC.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
The Crown says they may be done their evidence by the end of next week -- but that's still tentative at this point. That's it for today, but I'll have lots in a recap story later on today -- some from that earlier agreed statement of facts we blew through. #Millard

That's good - I look forward to seeing the agreed statement of facts. It was stated that there were phone records for 3 phones. The most damning for DM would be the one that pinged all the way to Maple Gate, which I assume is the 6478923355 one that he gave the taxi company (iphone??)

MOO

We DM needed the police to Think that there were still guns in the house. So of course DM fabricated the story! I’m sure DM knew the truth!

Yes, so many stories floating about! But I’m sure this is the truth behind where the gun went. Picked up by the program, all of them. Can’t see getting rid of some and keeping one especially if WM was still licensed to have them.

JMO

Or they were kept in a safe as per Madeleine Burns and Dellen IIRC.

If, prior to WMs death, DM thought there was a pile of guns in a safe in his own house, he would no doubt have staged a "break-in" and swapped them out with Isho for ones that couldn't be traced back to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member