Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what did the cab driver actually say?

1. there's a computer in the cab that acts as a go between from dispatch
2. the only info he gets about a customer is address, job number and customer's phone number
3. he was working on 11/29, the day WM died
4. he does not recognize DM as a customer
5. uses his own personal cell to call customers if it's necessary
6. he never called the number (6475017151) from the earlier agreed statement of facts

I thought if I wrote it all out it would make more sense as to why he was called as a witness in the first place.
Joke's on me because it still doesn't make sense :p

There has to be some really good reason he was called but I just can't see it.

Hopefully it'll become clear in the statement of facts? (ie. call from that number to the cab company, map showing where pick up and drop off was according to cab company records?)

As I mentioned above, I don't think that the Crown asked the cab driver if he picked up Millard, and if so where he picked him up and dropped him off, since he had just said he did not recognize him... which is not unusual IMO since it was several years ago and cab drivers have several people in their cabs every day, who usually sit in the backseat (so they don't really get a good look at them, necessarily).

What was that with a taxi driver? He could have been any random driver from anywhere with provided information.

I wonder if DM was counting on the housekeeper finding him? Interesting point. Say he was shot early in the day (coroner said possible dead 18 hrs by 11 pm) she should have seen him? Maybe didn't go in his room?

And if DM is right that she fed him at 5ish due to seeing food at his desk, doesn't seem to fit with the coroner's determination.

I know that DM has used the title "housekeeper" in referring to Dena, but maybe she was really just coming to prepare meals twice daily for WM. Judging by the photos we've seen, it doesn't look like she was playing much of a role in tidying up or cleaning. If she did really just do meal preparation it would make sense that she didn't discover his body.

I wonder if the prosecutors were hoping that at the trial, under oath, the driver might remember DM. I imagine there are some cab drivers just don't want to be involved in a murder trial.

Or, he just pays no attention to his fares.

Meanwhile, he established that, if a call came from dispatch, he would go pick the person up. If he didn't pick them up, he would have called their phone. The inference is, since he didn't call that phone number, he must have picked the client up.

Good point about MB, who lived alone, being with JS that night. They both came to the Maplegate house after DM called his Mother to tell her that WM was dead. I wonder, were they together during the time WM was killed ? Did MB make sure she had an alibi because she knew that DM was going to take care of " the problem " which could cause them both to lose an inheritance if WM remarried and changed his will ? IMO
Destroying the business destroyed her $60,000 a year income that it was supposed to generate for her.

I think (the more I think about it) the purpose of the cab driver's testimony today was to establish the protocol of the company. Specifically the importance of the computer in the cab that acts as the go between from dispatch. Just because the cab driver himself never called that number, certainly doesn't mean it's not in the computer records (dated 11/29/12) as "the customer's number". Right next to the address he was to be picked up from and dropped off at.

Naw... that would be WAY too easy. :eek:

Wayward son (Adam Carter)
Even incarcerated, Millard’s self-confidence remains steadfast. “I’ve always been able to achieve extraordinary goals,” he writes. “I wished for a challenge worth devoting myself to. Seems I got it.”
OMG
It seems that running an MRO was too challenging for him to attempt.

What was that with a taxi driver? He could have been any random driver from anywhere with provided information.
I think a representative from the cab company will testify that a dispatch was made from the plaza that Millard was left at to some other location using the number they asked about. I think the testimony of the driver was to just clarify that the jobs are logged by dispatch and not him.

While on this topic, I wonder why Millard went so early? It was early evening, so if he was planning on waiting for WM to sleep, he would have a long wait, even longer considering the three hour call from the girlfriend.

It’s dependent on the wording of the agreement but if a clause isn’t included to limit the obligation upon the payers death, Canadian Courts have ruled the estate maintains the responsibility of paying alimony for the duration of the recipients lifetime. Probably that would be arranged through the estate purchasing an annuity.

support after death | FamilyLLB - Ontario Divorce & Family Law Blog

Thanks for the explanation. Another question : what would have happened to MB's generous alimony payments if WM had stayed alive, but went bankrupt, ? ( which both she and DM may have feared.) IMO

I think a representative from the cab company will testify that a dispatch was made from the plaza that Millard was left at to some other location using the number they asked about. I think the testimony of the driver was to just clarify that the jobs are logged by dispatch and not him.

While on this topic, I wonder why Millard went so early? It was early evening, so if he was planning on waiting for WM to sleep, he would have a long wait, even longer considering the three hour call from the girlfriend.
Bored? Impatient? Wanted to prepare? He lived there so maybe he just wanted to go home. Maybe we’ll find out

Yep, a conversation with RB would be very interesting to say the least.
I hope ABro has a chat with him.
I fail to see the usefulness of that witness in this case tho.

I hope ABro has a chat with him.
I fail to see the usefulness of that witness in this case tho.
I think that RB was there simply to confirm that it was in fact Millard that was calling from a specific phone number. I'm assuming the phone that Millard used that night was a burner phone, as he left his real phone at Smich's place. Police may have records of calls made, but without someone that can positively connect Millard to that number, the info is useless.

Thanks for the explanation. Another question : what would have happened to MB's generous alimony payments if WM had stayed alive, but went bankrupt, ? ( which both she and DM may have feared.) IMO

You’re welcome. There’s a difference between personal bankruptcy and business bankruptcy. But if WM had ever declared personal bankruptcy, alimony isn’t a dischargable debt, meaning the alimony obligation to his exwife remains outstanding regardless. Personally, even considering the equity in the home, it doesn’t appear to me that he was on the verge of it.

Bored? Impatient? Wanted to prepare? He lived there so maybe he just wanted to go home. Maybe we’ll find out

I guess its possible that WM usually went to sleep earlier but the unexpected call threw things off? At least WM was likely asleep when that coward son of his shot him. That would be a horrible last second of life if he actually was awake.

You’re welcome. There’s a difference between personal bankruptcy and business bankruptcy. But if WM had ever declared personal bankruptcy, alimony isn’t a dischargable debt, meaning the alimony obligation to his exwife remains outstanding regardless. Personally, even considering the equity in the home, it doesn’t appear to me that he was on the verge of it.

Except that his loans were all tied to the properties.

Does anyone know if DM had his driving privileges revoked (impaired...) and about what time period that occurred? I vaguely recall something about that but I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody