Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it also interesting to look at the timing involved in WM's handing in his guns to that program. I am wondering if there was a reason why WM felt he needed to do that at that time. It was exactly 2 years before WM's death that he disposed of his arms, which.. he was still licensed to have them.. only one of them was illegal to own.. and at that time, I can imagine that DM was up to his antics and his father may have done this to PREVENT any such death occurrences. Who would've thought he'd just go out an buy another one to kill the dad who was likely trying to protect his son from being involved in a firearm death?

AC's Liveblog
Jun 8 2018 11:46 AM
Finn says on Dec. 2, 2010, he was helping with the pickup of a firearm that an officer was no longer licensed to have.
He bought that gun just before he murdered Laura. We don't know how he killed her but I think it was with the same gun.

We're still running through Herath's qualifications. This is so he can be qualified as an expert in this field.
by Adam Carter 10:20 AM

Herath performed an autopsy on Wayne Millard's body on Dec. 1, 2012.
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

He says the body was referred to him for examination by the coroner, Dr. Evans, who previously testified at trial.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

Herath says the report on Millard finished on April 11, 2013. It took so long because tests had to come back, and that takes time.
by Adam Carter 10:26 AM

Cameron is warning members of the public in the body of the court that the autopsy photos could be considered disturbing, and they will be shown on screens here.
by Adam Carter 10:29 AM

The first photo we're seeing is of Millard's body at the scene, lying on the bed. We've seen this photo before.
by Adam Carter 10:30 AM

Herath says he was told by investigators that Millard had a history of over 20 years of drinking. He says he was also told that Millard had a firearms certificate, and a gun was found by the bed. "According to his ex-wife he had some bouts of depression," Herath says.
by Adam Carter 10:33 AM

When they were wrapping up court last Tuesday, and planning upcoming witnesses, I was sure I had heard either Justice Forestell or Jill Cameron mention a re-enactment. I'll see if I can get something more definitive confirmed by Adam Carter, who would have been present for the same comments.

@AdamCarterCBC Did I hear correctly in court last Tuesday that a re-enactment would be incorporated into witness/testimony? This would have been a comment by either Justice Forestell or Jill Cameron. Thanks.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
A reconstructionist, not a reenactment.

The coroner stated that suicide was not his final conclusion. He had put suicide on the report, but it seemed like he was still investigating it? Or is he just saying that? Nonetheless, there is some pretty compelling evidence against Millard, most notably how he lied his way through the police interview. He said he was unaware of any guns in the house, yet the murder weapon was proved to have been acquired by him and had his DNA on it. Undeniable. He said he spent the night at Smich's, which has proven to be a lie as well. Leaving his phone and credit card shows that he was setting up an alibi. His text to Smich after his police interview "I gave them your name, but not your contact info" is confirmation that Smich was already on board to confirm his alibi. Phone pings have put Millard in the area of Maplegate at the exact time of the murder. Beyond that, we have already seen evidence of a motive, Millards fear of WM blowing his inheritance.

Bottom line is that the coroner stating it might have been a suicide is irrelevant as a bullet in the head is a bullet in the head, whether its murder or suicide. I honestly don't think that in this case there would be any way for the coroner to distinguish between the two.

Taken from AC liveblog June 4, 2018

Evans says in his "A" report, he classified Millard's death as a suicide. A committee said no toxicology report was needed at the time, so it wasn't done.

In June of 2013, Evans was still classifying this death as a suicide. He says that's because the injury started at Millard's left eye and the trajectory of the bullet had gone across the midline of the brain and into the right side of the brain, which was consistent with the entry through the left eye. There was also evidence of soot on the pillow, and some on Millard's hands, he says. And, he says, to a certain extent, the decision hinged on how his left hand was found with his thumb curled up, which "might have been consistent" with holding the gun and pulling the trigger with his thumb. Now looking at a photo of Millard's body. Evans says he doesn't see any obvious soot in his hand in that photo. “At the time, I thought it was more consistent with a suicide. In retrospect ..." Evans says. Millard's lawyer is now quickly on his feet objecting. Evans says the history he got from the family, saying that Millard had financial problems and had episodes of depression, helped him in his determination of suicide. Evans says he doesn't have his notes for this case anymore. He can't find them. Evans says he "didn't see any reason to hold the scene" until after the autopsy -- so it was released. His last report was on June 14, 2013. This is Evans's final report. Again: he ruled this case a suicide, six and a half months after it happened. By this time, he has also gotten the toxicology report.

Herath also mentions the "black discolouration" found on Millard's pillow. We've heard that was likely gunshot residue, but it was never tested.
by Adam Carter 10:34 AM

Herath says Millard had Tardieu spots on the back of left upper arm. That refers to after someone dies, and they're lying in a certain position, blood can pool, and make small dots on the skin.
by Adam Carter 10:37 AM

Version No. 1 makes sense, IMO.
It's actually impossible for us to know which she meant.. and in the way that AC has recorded it, may have been exactly the way she said it, which would mean it was left in the air, and someone (Crown) should have confirmed which she meant. moo.

I was wondering the same. Perhaps it was meant to read December?
See why it's great to hash this stuff out in a group? That had not even occurred to me. Call me stupid.. but.. wow.. if that was the case, why did the Crown not do some re-questioning to confirm that date??

Can you post the tweet, or link? There was also another guy/employee at the meeting.
  1. Verified account 22h22 hours ago
    The insurance broker left at one point, and then the rest of the people there kept discussing finances, Barnes says. #Millard

0 replies0 retweets8 likes

2. Verified account 22h22 hours ago
    Another employee was there, as well as Dellen Millard. The meeting was to start at 10:30 a.m. It went until 1:30 p.m. #Millard

0 replies0 retweets8 likes

3. Verified account 22h22 hours ago
    They were meeting with an insurance broker, and Millard's home. #Millard

0 replies0 retweets11 likes

I can't find where it was said that Millard left at the same time as either Barnes or the other employee. I'm certain I did read it somewhere though.

Herath says gunpowder/soot was seen on the face area of Millard's left eye. We're seeing a close up photo of Millard's face.
by Adam Carter 10:42 AM

He says it was an "oval shape" of soot around the entrance wound.
by Adam Carter 10:44 AM

Herath says soot was also found on the back of Millard's right hand, which is positioned somewhat underneath his head, like someone would do when they are sleeping.
by Adam Carter 10:46 AM

There's also a darkened area around Millard's chin and lips. Herath says that could be lividity -- basically, a pooling of blood due to gravity.
by Adam Carter 10:47 AM

Herath now talking about rigor mortis -- when the muscles become stiff after death.
by Adam Carter 10:48 AM

I can't find where it was said that Millard left at the same time as either Barnes or the other employee. I'm certain I did read it somewhere though.

I was posting the tweets that day I believe. Didn't see anything to indicate when DM left the house after the meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020